Why can't I view email attachments on my iPhone 6 Plus?

Stuart Piddock

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Why can't I view email attachments on iPhone 6 Plus

When I tap on attachments the icon switches to download, the 'Wheel of Doom' churns then I get the message: Cannot Download Attachment?

Any help would be gratefully received.

TNKU

Stuart

Stuart Piddock

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why can't I view email attachments on iPhone 6 Plus

Thanks for replying.

I have checked storage and still have 47.7GB available, the four attachments I am tring to open are 1500KB in total?

Thanks

Stuart.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site

What kind of attachments are these? Does your iPhone have an app that can open/read the attachments? Network connection to your email server or conditions in the email server infrastructure could also be a factor.

If there is network latency or the email server is busy, it could be taking too long for the iPhone (may have a feature that produces the error message if it can't open the attachments after a certain amount of time).

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Would definitely help to know what kind of attachments you're trying to open...and also, if you're aware of your network status while trying to open them. I get pdf's emailed to me all day long...some of them are rather large overhead photos in pdf format, and the only time I've ever had a problem opening them is if I'm in an area of poor reception or a weak wifi network.

Stuart Piddock

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site

Hi they are small pdf's and I have good Vodafone connection and wi-fi ,the files only download a tittle page that reads: Portable Document but I cant get further than that. I have downloaded the Adobe Reader App.

???

Tanks

Stuart Piddock

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site

Hi they are small pdf's and I have good Vodafone connection and wi-fi ,the files only download a tittle page that reads: Portable Document but I cant get further than that. I have downloaded the Adobe Reader App.

???

Tanks

SMxxx

Jan 22, 2016
Visit site
I am having the same problems? I can not download attachments and even then i am forwarding the mail i can nit get attachemt on other account :( can some one assist me?

bbjau

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Hi Stuart I had the same issue but got around it by installing Microsoft Outlook APP, it downloads and opens the PDF with no issues

credo

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
Any resolution? I have a new iPhone 7 plus with plenty of memory. I try to open the PDF file. It states can't open attachment with no option to open with another app.

columbo333

Nov 3, 2016
Visit site
I too just purchased the 7 with ithe highest of memory possible and I know there's an attachment byt can't even view it. On older emails l can see the attachment. Hmmmm

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73