Apple Pay safe to use ?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I think the fraud situation lies in that you can steal someone's physical card or card information and add it to your Apple Pay.
I believe it's some banks verification that's at issue.
I don't believe someone can steal your info from Apple Pay.
I'm pretty sure I used my banking passwords to add my cards to Apple Pay.
There's a article on it in the iMore news section check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Yes on that front but if you read the reports they say otherwise which is why I am asking

Just reading your responses in this thread...it's clear to me that no amount of discussion is going to convince you of what you've already decided is reality in your own head. Thankfully the real world of using Apple Pay doesn't function like you're so paranoid of, but if you'd rather choose to not use it based on your assumptions and what you've read online, you knock yourself out...

A bit of a suggestion though, since you're so invested in this online mumbo jumbo about Apple Pay being dangerous to use...you should probably refrain from driving a car, eating meat, going out in the sun and drinking bottled water...

Oh, and you should probably sell your iPhone and just go back to using a land line...because you're probably getting chernobyl levels of radiation.

Aluminum foil is probably on sale at your local grocer too...stock up!

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Apple has had my banking info since 2001 that's 14 years never a issue.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Is it really safe to use Apple pay to buy stuff with nfc or not worth the risk ?

Its safer than a dining establishment where the waitron takes your card... heads off to who knows where in the place to return with the slip for you to sign...

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Just reading your responses in this thread...it's clear to me that no amount of discussion is going to convince you of what you've already decided is reality in your own head. Thankfully the real world of using Apple Pay doesn't function like you're so paranoid of, but if you'd rather choose to not use it based on your assumptions and what you've read online, you knock yourself out...

A bit of a suggestion though, since you're so invested in this online mumbo jumbo about Apple Pay being dangerous to use...you should probably refrain from driving a car, eating meat, going out in the sun and drinking bottled water...

Oh, and you should probably sell your iPhone and just go back to using a land line...because you're probably getting chernobyl levels of radiation.

Aluminum foil is probably on sale at your local grocer too...stock up!

Err what ? It's a question genius .....I'm just going to ignore you from now on .... So all these articles are liars ? It's a question. I've been using Apple Pay ...just bought my leather case at the Apple Store with it .

Also I skimmed the articles in question on Engadget since I didn't own an iPhone at the time . Read like the first paragraph and that's it . You're the one making assumptions .....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I've done the research into how Apple Pay works, it's similar to how the credit cards will work once all credit cards have chips in them except it will be wireless. It's completely encrypted. The transaction can't be replayed like today's credit cards can be.

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site
Ah. I just been skimming those articles since while I had an interest in the iPhone for months I never viewed Apple pay as a must have feature . Android had it for years and I never bothered with it . Good to know it doesn't seem as bad as those articles

Here is what is really happening with Apple Pay. There is nothing wrong with it. The banks are lazy, that's the problem.

http://www.imore.com/banks-still-trying-failing-deflect-fraud-apple-pay

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Err what ? It's a question genius .....I'm just going to ignore you from now on .... So all these articles are liars ? It's a question. I've been using Apple Pay ...just bought my leather case at the Apple Store with it .

Also I skimmed the articles in question on Engadget since I didn't own an iPhone at the time . Read like the first paragraph and that's it . You're the one making assumptions .....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How am I making assumptions? I'm going by the words you typed on here...nothing assumed about it, you're paranoid about something that people have told you several times is safe. Had you come here and asked the question and then said "Oh ok cool, thanks!" that would be one thing, but you continued on about what you read, about what the "reports" said...after people told you it was safe, so my response to you was not assumed, it was reflective of what you typed.

Feel free to ignore me though...if this is the caliber of question/response from you that we can expect, no big loss to me...genius.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal