Help! I think I'm saying bye bye to the 6+ today and going with the 6 - Input needed! :)

hatchettjack

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I think the 6+ camera is way better! Also the screen resolution for viewing pictures is way better! You are making a mistake op! IMHO

Sent from my  6+

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I have the 6 Plus., But I can totally see why someone would want the 6 instead. Being able to comfortably use your phone one handed is definitely useful for some. Just before I got my 6 Plus, I had a 5S. And I had started using Swype as my keyboard. When using Swype, I much prefer using the phone one handed and swiping with my thumb with one hand. This is a lot harder with just one hand on the Plus.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Help! I think I'm saying bye bye to the 6+ today and going with the 6 - Input...

I was sceptical about trading my 6 for the 6 plus, but after using the plus for a few days i could never go back to the 6 unless I had to.... That's just my personal take on things

Sent from my  iPhone 6 Plus

tobearms

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm about to do the same thing, I think. I LOVE the battery life but there isn't anything else that I find to be a plus (no pun intended). I feel like the 6 will just fit me better.

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Just received and activated my new 6 and it's already feeling so much better. I'm just realizing how light this one is compared to the plus. That sucker is a beast, lol.

The phone seems to be a bit dimmer even with the brightness all the way up. Not sure if that's normal?

Took a few pics and can't see much of a difference at all.

Just all around easier and more comfortable to use so I'm happy with my decision. The 6 offers the sweet spot size wise. Much more practical.

Thanks all of you for the input!

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Just received and activated my new 6 and it's already feeling so much better. I'm just realizing how light this one is compared to the plus. That sucker is a beast, lol.

The phone seems to be a bit dimmer even with the brightness all the way up. Not sure if that's normal?

Just all around easier and more comfortable to use so I'm happy with my decision. The 6 offers the sweet spot size wise. Much more practical.

Glad you are happy!!

Sent from my IPhone 6+ 

sting7k

Dec 15, 2008
Visit site

All hail iPhone 6.

nicolas_m

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I have a 6 Plus since September. Decided to give it a try to the iPhone 6 today. After playing with it for 10 minutes, I put it back in the box and returned it to Apple. The screen quality is noticeably worse, the white looks yellow compared to my 6 Plus. Maybe it was a calibration issue with this particular model though...Anyway, it confirmed that the Plus is the iPhone I prefer today.

Sent from my iPhone

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
I have a 6 Plus since September. Decided to give it a try to the iPhone 6 today. After playing with it for 10 minutes, I put it back in the box and returned it to Apple. The screen quality is noticeably worse, the white looks yellow compared to my 6 Plus. Maybe it was a calibration issue with this particular model though...Anyway, it confirmed that the Plus is the iPhone I prefer today.

Sent from my iPhone

I currently have both also the + does have more ppi but between the 2 and can't tell the difference. The whites can't tell a difference. Both are great phones.

Sent from my IPhone 6+ 

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I switched from a 6 to a 6+ last week and can tell a difference. The 6+ screen is sharper, and also looks better in landscape vs the 6. Seems like the 6+ is brighter too.

precon22

Jun 11, 2009
Visit site
I throw my input in, I was a space grey iPhone 6 user and loved it but then I layed my eyes on the 6+ and the screen sold me right away the quality even tho some may not notice was very apparent to me. I can't go back to the 6 they are both amazing phones same relative hardware minute a few changes battery and ois, I will say that I got amazing battery life when I had my 6 but I get outstanding battery life with my 6+. But you should do what fits you and feels better.

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I would say probably get the 6 but you may notice a difference in pictures because of the OIS. My wife has the 6 and loves it and it fits her hands well. We both use the official Apple cases for our phones and they don't add much bulk but help with slipperiness. Not much protection from drops though. I got over the size but still find occasions where it's too big but I couldn't go back now. Battery life has been better than my wife although our usage is slightly different. I get a full day and so does she but the difference is I'm on mine all day and get about 17-18 hours and am at about 20% before bed. Usually 8-10 hours of actual usage for me vs her 4-6 or so. Also I can charge on Saturday and not have to plus in again until the end of my work day Monday most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
My wife has a 6, and I have a 6+. I notice NO VISIBLE difference between pictures. OIS really only helps with your movement and in darker scenes. If your subject is moving, well, it doesn't do anything.

It boils down to which size you prefer more than anything. I prefer the Plus. My wife prefers the 6.

Atea Sailo

Dec 27, 2014
Visit site
hand me your i phone 6 plus :laughing::laughing: il love them lol but still dont afford them.... i think you are making a mistake because in the long run your needs for the wider screen may increase....and also ur a girl girls love to post , read and all sorts of that thing so in my opinion i say wider scrren suits are needs for a longer period.:yes:

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Quick update!! It's been about a week now with the 6 and I know I made the right choice!! I had a moment of questioning the switch again but that was temporary!! The pictures are great, the battery is good and it's so much easier to hold!! One thing I noticed that is better is that the sound on calls is so much better!! Sound quality on the 6+ was bad IMO. So just a quick update! Glad I made the switch!

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
Quick update!! It's been about a week now with the 6 and I know I made the right choice!! I had a moment of questioning the switch again but that was temporary!! The pictures are great, the battery is good and it's so much easier to hold!! One thing I noticed that is better is that the sound on calls is so much better!! Sound quality on the 6+ was bad IMO. So just a quick update! Glad I made the switch!

Congratulations!! I also switched from the Plus to the regular 6 & couldn't be happier. Enjoy!!!

Sent from my  iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

ypmaiya

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 Plus and I love it. Yes, the size of the phone is a matter of concern. Its huge, difficult to handle one hand, feels weird to hold against the face while talking over the phone. But I got used to it after a while. What i like about it the most is I can use the camera app carefree. Since the battery life is exceptional, I don't worry at all of the battery running out of juice by using the camera app and capturing loads of pics and videos. Helps a lot especially when i'm on a vacation. If you are into capturing loads of pics and videos, 6 Plus is the one for you. If you are an average user who uses phone mainly for calls, mails, apps and occasional photos and videos, iPhone 6 is ideal. Only my opinion though. But I can assure you, whichever model you choose, you will be satisfied.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh