Help! I think I'm saying bye bye to the 6+ today and going with the 6 - Input needed! :)

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Re: Help! I think I'm saying bye bye to the 6+ today and going with the 6 - Input...

The 6, is a great phone, haven't regretted it.

KDParker

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
Re: Help! I think I'm saying bye bye to the 6+ today and going with the 6 - Input...

Started with the 6 + and after a few days I could never go back to a smaller screen size.

If you like the screen size and have been using it for a 2 weeks you might feel the 6 is a bit small. But you will know within a day if the smaller screen will work for you.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site

Started with the 6 + and after a few days I could never go back to a smaller screen size.

If you like the screen size and have been using it for a 2 weeks you might feel the 6 is a bit small. But you will know within a day if the smaller screen will work for you.

I had two Iphone 6's before I moved to the plus

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

Having gone the opposite way - from 6 (since launch) to 6+ about five days ago, I'd say it's tough call. I was really wanting a larger screen and better battery life, so that's why I took the plunge with the Plus. So far not regretting it.

BUT... the 6 is definitely more carry-friendly... especially in pockets. I have to be much more careful, and not bend down too much and/or take the 6+ out of my pockets, by fear of bending. Otherwise, the size and clarity of the screen are very much worth it to me (and I never thought it would - hence my going with the 6 in the first place).

The camera - it's probably a wash, unless you constantly and predominantly take night time photos without flash. The 6 camera is just as amazing minus the OIS.

It all depends on if living with the extra size and burden it adds when carrying around, outweigh the qualities that make the Plus even more awesome (screen size, resolution/PPI increase, and battery life).

Oh, and the landscape mode on the Plus was something I kept lusting after. Having landscape mode available on more and more apps, along with the homescreen being capable of landscape mode (like an ipad) is an awesome feature to me. At this point, I don't think I could go back!

Good luck!

lornaevo

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
Jessica. Let's trade. I have 64GB 6. Barely used and in great condition. I regret not getting the 6+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi! I started with the + coming from a 5. All I know is that my thumbs are getting sore, even with two handed texting, lol.

I'll miss the screen and battery life though!

Cap_172R

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
The 6 will be fine! I've used large devices like the note etc and felt the same way - i can't get a smaller device, but when it comes to usability you find a way! Had a note as a backup device then switched back to a BBRY Q10 with a 3.1" screen. Now i'm using the 6 as my primary device.. couldn't be happier!

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I made the same decision a few months ago. I used the iPhone 6 Plus for two days before before exchanging it for a iPhone 6. I am completely satisfied with the iPhone 6.

kgenova

Nov 4, 2014
Visit site
I started with a 6, then briefly tried a 6+ for a day, went back to the 6, and then ended up switching to the 6+ again. I love my 6+, and I am a woman with medium sized hands. I just use it two handed and it works great for me. My daughter has the 6, and it looks like a little toy phone in comparison to my lovely 6+.
Good luck with your decision!

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
This is the thing, if you need to be able to use it one handed then the + can be tricky depending. I always use 2 hands on any phone, just easier imo, so for me the + is fantastic, no one handed worries.

wbeard385

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
The size of the 6 is just fine in no way is it too small. I use an iPad 4 daily and picking up phone after doesn't feel like I'm playing with a toy. Battery life is fine the Plus offers more here.Camera is fine or just as good as Plus minus image stabilization. Two good phones in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
You have to go with what feels right for you.

That said, personally, I will be getting the Plus in September and I won't go back to a 6. The reason I say that is that I value the battery life I will get on the 6 Plus (although the battery life I'm getting on my 6 is stellar) and I find myself wishing for OIS. So.....here is the thing....to everything there is an adaptation. I know that I will have to adapt to the larger size, but I value what I will gain.

Yes, it is a larger phone and yes holding it will take getting used to and yes I won't be able to use it one handed....but I don't find myself using my iPhone 6 one handed now. I alway type with both hands, always. And frankly, even with the 6, I hold on to my Beloved for dear life.

So it's a trade off.

How important is battery life to you? And how important are photos to you? Are those two things more or less important than using the phone one handed? Be honest with yourself and you will arrive at the correct answer for you.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
You have to go with what feels right for you.

That said, personally, I will be getting the Plus in September and I won't go back to a 6. The reason I say that is that I value the battery life I will get on the 6 Plus (although the battery life I'm getting on my 6 is stellar) and I find myself wishing for OIS. So.....here is the thing....to everything there is an adaptation. I know that I will have to adapt to the larger size, but I value what I will gain.

Yes, it is a larger phone and yes holding it will take getting used to and yes I won't be able to use it one handed....but I don't find myself using my iPhone 6 one handed now. I alway type with both hands, always. And frankly, even with the 6, I hold on to my Beloved for dear life.

So it's a trade off.

How important is battery life to you? And how important are photos to you? Are those two things more or less important than using the phone one handed? Be honest with yourself and you will arrive at the correct answer for you.

Not to mention the added screen size is a major bonus along with the bigger keyboard. Doesn't feel so cramped!

Sent from my IPhone 6+ 

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
well, today i had an iphone 6 in my hands to play around and my first thought was "wow it's small".. I couldn't go to a 6, because it feels like a baby compared to the 6+.
But everyone has to decide on their own.
It isn't a mistake if you're really sure about it and you really want it, but you have to know that the battery life of the 6 isn't nearly as good as the battery life of the 6+ and the screen seems to be really small (coming from the +)

Teemu2

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I started with a 6, then briefly tried a 6+ for a day, went back to the 6, and then ended up switching to the 6+ again. I love my 6+, and I am a woman with medium sized hands. I just use it two handed and it works great for me. My daughter has the 6, and it looks like a little toy phone in comparison to my lovely 6+.
Good luck with your decision!

I keep going back and forth about switching to a 6 Plus. Interestingly, the 6 Plus is the device that looks like a toy to me!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen