Help! I think I'm saying bye bye to the 6+ today and going with the 6 - Input needed! :)

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Good day everyone! After having the iPhone 6+ for two weeks, I?m thinking that I?m going to switch to the 6.:confused: I?m coming from a 5, with super small female hands and it?s just been very difficult to use. Difficult to use with a case because the case makes it bigger and difficult to use without a case because it's so slippery. Here are my pro?s and con?s:

Pro?s
Screen size is beautiful
Battery life is amazing (have never had a phone that had a battery last that long)
I love being able to see larger photos

Con's
Cannot use one handed at all
Reachability is sort of pointless, especially when using an app
Always feels like I?m going to drop it out of my hand without a case and a case makes it even bigger

I typically use my phone for texting, occasional calls, FB, Instagram, Twitter, email, Youtube and I take LOTS of pictures

Today is the final day where I can make the exchange to the 6. Again, I?m coming from the 5. With that said, just a few opinions needed:

• Am I making a mistake?
  • How much of a difference is there picture wise, screen size wise from the 6 to 6+?
  • Will there be a difference camera wise?
  • Is battery life really that much different? Like will I have to charge it twice a day?
  • Again, am I making a mistake? Lol
  • How many people here have gone back and forth between both and wound up sticking with the 6 vs. the 6+?

Time is of the essence now and the only reason this is so last minute is because today I realized that it may be too big to use and decided to call Verizon and they mentioned it was my last day to exchange...Glad I called!

I understand that the decision is ultimately up to me, however, any input is so appreciated! :redface:

Thanks in advance! :)

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I upgraded from a 5 to 6+... found it to be too honkin' big... traded for a 6. Glad I did.
Will there be a difference camera wise?
6+ has optical image stabilization... the 6 doesn't.
Is battery life really that much different? Like will I have to charge it twice a day?
I didn't see any difference in the 6 vs 6+ battery life based on my usage.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Just get the 6 and don't worry about it. You're never going to get over the size and it is what it is. Don't over-analyze it.

At least you're downgrading to a current gen iPhone and not an Android phone.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
You have a few choices you can have your hands stretched but that sounds painful or you can get the 6. A lot less pain

It's your choice of course but the 6 has most of the upgrades compared to the plus so size will be your only major factor

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
If you don't feel comfortable with the Plus you may want to switch. The 6 is great also. I think comfort and ease of use is the key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the fast responses guys! Without OIS is the camera bad? Takes great pictures still?

I just did the opposite as you and moved from the 6 to the 6 plus. I find the battery life better on the 6 plus, and the screen better and easier to navigate around. As for pictures and what not you would have to have a pretty good eye to notice the picture quality difference if any at all.

Miska Hietala

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I recommend to go for normal 6. The OIS which is found on the plus has been discussed that does it really shine in any cellphone at all. I used to have good OIS in my Lumia 1020 and the benefit from it is pretty small in smartphones. So all in all, the normal 6 still takes awesome photos without any problem.
Battery life is good with the 6. Usually with normal usage I get about day and half with it. Idle consumption over night is usually 0%-4%.

jakdillard

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I started with a 6 because the plus was unavailable at the time, then I got the plus and was like yeah this is the truth, but then accessories were in greater numbers for the 6 and I thought they looked better so back to a 6, but now it's too small. So I switched back to a plus and after many color swaps I finally got over that "iPhone-maniaism" and I'm happy using my 6 plus.

Last edited:

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
I went to the 6 from the 6+ (with a Note 4 in between)...I find the 6 to be just perfect. Can use with either one or both hands if desired, photos are great, battery so far is not as good as the 6+ but better than the 5 in my usage.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Well I have done the opposite owning 2 iphone 6's. Did a trade for the + and thought the smaller size would fit me better for everyday use. After owning the + and going back to the i6 for a day I felt like I was using a iPod touch. The screen felt too small and the battery is not as good either as expected but once your used to the screen size and battery the + Grows on you. I know where your coming from but I do feel the + is a better device. Battery and screen size is what's done it for me.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Help! I think I'm saying bye bye to the 6+ today and going with the 6 - Input...

Well I have done the opposite owning 2 iphone 6's. Did a trade for the + and thought the smaller size would fit me better for everyday use. After owning the + and going back to the i6 for a day I felt like I was using a iPod touch. The screen felt too small and the battery is not as good either as expected but once your used to the screen size and battery the + Grows on you. I know where your coming from but I do feel the + is a better device. Battery and screen size is what's done it for me.

Same way I feel after a day with the plus. I picked my friends iPhone 6 up this morning and it felt like a toy

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Help! I think I'm saying bye bye to the 6+ today and going with the 6 - Input...

The 6 felt fine to me until I used the plus model. Now I don't think I could go back[/

Have you tried a i6 for a daily driver or start right out with the +?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711