Area of screen size of 6 vs 6+?

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
What is the area difference of the screens (not the total phones) between the 6 and the 6+? How much larger percentage wise is the actual view area?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
This does not show actual screen dimensions. I am trying to find out does the 6+ have 20% more viewing area? 10%? 30% vs the regular iPhone 6.

The specs are in that link. Do you have a calculator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdtrader

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
The specs are in that link. Do you have a calculator?

Yes I have a calculator. I do not see the SCREEN dimensions width and length in that link. If I am missing them please tell me where to look.

anon8656116

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Apple doesn’t provide the exact display sizes, as far as I know. You can calculate them though, since we have the aspect ratio (16:9). (Bear with me, math was not my strongest subject!)

It follows:
x = diagonal / √(16^2 + 9^2)
h = x * 16
w = x * 9

iPhone 5: 8.86 cm * 4.98 cm = 44.11 cm^2
iPhone 6: 10.4 cm * 5.85 cm = 60.90 cm^2
iPhone 6+: 12.18 cm * 6.85 cm = 83.39 cm^2

The difference in %:
iPhone 6 to iPhone 5: 38%
iPhone 6+ to iPhone 5: 89%
iPhone 6+ to iPhone 6: 37%

I hope I didn’t embarrass myself now. :redface:

anon8656116

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Does any of this really matter??? :rolleyes:

Why would you say that? I encountered this question lots of times. When I was looking for an e-reader or tablet to read academic journals, I had to know the display sizes to make an estimate to see how they would look. Few manufacturers mention this and ‘5’5”’ or ‘330ppi’ is meaningless without knowing the aspect ratio (also not always mentioned), especially when you are used to metric units.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It is what it is when a manufacturer gives display specs. Going any further it's up to a user to research the device themselves. The are and have been cut outs for months on the net of the 6 and 6 Plus. Find them print them do the math.
Because someone here gives a less than desired answer to the question OP had doesn't give the OP the right to call someone a jerk.
I posted a link to Apple's specs while I was in line at the market yesterday. If he needs more than that he needs to do it himself.

anon8656116

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
It is what it is when a manufacturer gives display specs. Going any further it's up to a user to research the device themselves. The are and have been cut outs for months on the net of the 6 and 6 Plus. Find them print them do the math.
Because someone here gives a less than desired answer to the question OP had doesn't give the OP the right to call someone a jerk.
I posted a link to Apple's specs while I was in line at the market yesterday. If he needs more than that he needs to do it himself.

A wee sarcasm is equivalent to calling someone a jerk? :sarcastic: The OP asked a simple question, not a bad one if I might add, and no one except myself has given a concrete answer. I quickly ‘duckduckgo’ed’ this myself and couldn’t find an immediate answer either (and printing schematics is a waste of paper), so I calculated this. Do the regulars here need to share their opinions in every thread? If you don’t want to help, then don’t be surprised when you don’t get any sympathy points from the person who’s asking.

jakdillard

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
man y'all take this too seriously ....

I mean come on does it really take all of that calculating to decide on buying a device that has a return window for dissatisfaction. I get that people feel their question deserves not to be met with a question or an unsatisfactory answer, but come on this was out right anal retentiveness.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
A wee sarcasm is equivalent to calling someone a jerk? :sarcastic: The OP asked a simple question, not a bad one if I might add, and no one except myself has given a concrete answer. I quickly ?duckduckgo?ed? this myself and couldn?t find an immediate answer either (and printing schematics is a waste of paper), so I calculated this. Do the regulars here need to share their opinions in every thread? If you don?t want to help, then don?t be surprised when you don?t get any sympathy points from the person who?s asking.

People were printing out the phone cut outs months ago to see if it would fit in there pocket. If folks can do that for that purpose why can't this guy for his purpose.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
People were printing out the phone cut outs months ago to see if it would fit in there pocket. If folks can do that for that purpose why can't this guy for his purpose.

Lol I remember that

Not Quite Right

Trusted Member
May 11, 2013
Visit site
Why would you say that? I encountered this question lots of times. When I was looking for an e-reader or tablet to read academic journals, I had to know the display sizes to make an estimate to see how they would look. Few manufacturers mention this and ‘5’5”’ or ‘330ppi’ is meaningless without knowing the aspect ratio (also not always mentioned), especially when you are used to metric units.

You are geeking out on specifications that are of little to no concern to the majority of buyers & users of cellphones. That is why manufactures don't publish irrelevant specifications, and also the reason for my comment ...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711