I've had the phone for about 2 weeks now and I had never left it in either of my pockets. I compared my 6+ to my friend's and I noticed that the problem with mine may be that the cutouts for the power button and volume rocker gives it the illusion that it may be slightly bent in that area. My phone does lay flat on the face so I'm guessing it may not be a bent but I'm not so sure. The phone looks perfectly straight and flat from the side view. So I'm guessing if my tempered glass screen protector could have cause this? anyone experience something similar?

02-28-2015 01:53 PM
    No.

But if you think you have an issue, a visit to an AppleStore's GeniusBar will get it evaluated, and if they determine there's an issue - they will let you know what your options are...
    hydrogen3 and BreakingKayfabe like this.
    02-28-2015 02:09 PM
    Doesn't seem to be bent. I wouldn't worry if I was you

Skickat frn Tapatalk
    2ndAmendNut likes this.
    02-28-2015 02:23 PM
    Looks like a slight bend to me

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk
    02-28-2015 03:05 PM
    I hope this doesn't devolve into dress colors-esque discussion...
    02-28-2015 03:07 PM
    I brought it to an apple store here in the states already but they said since my phone is an overseas version I must take it back to where I bought it to have it evaluated.
    02-28-2015 03:19 PM
    The first two pictures don't seem like it, but the others do.

Are you sure they wouldn't service your iPhone for that reason alone? My mom's phone was bought in Europe and fixed (wasn't bent) under warranty here in the US.
    02-28-2015 03:39 PM
    Here we go.
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    02-28-2015 04:10 PM
    No, your iPhone is not bent, in my opinion.
    02-28-2015 04:14 PM
    Hard to tell. It looks like it could be in the pics of it on the table.
    Did you lay it on a flat surface with the camera off the edge of the surface to see if it wobbles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    02-28-2015 04:40 PM
    Here we go.
    Gold/white... Black/blue... Yellow/eggshell... it's the dress all over again...
    Mannie Ku and hydrogen3 like this.
    02-28-2015 04:47 PM
    You mean lay it so the camera is facing the table? Wouldn't that be inaccurate because the protruding lens will cause the gap?

Hard to tell. It looks like it could be in the pics of it on the table.
    Did you lay it on a flat surface with the camera off the edge of the surface to see if it wobbles?

02-28-2015 04:58 PM
    You mean lay it so the camera is facing the table? Wouldn't that be inaccurate because the protruding lens will cause the gap?
    Yes facing the table or screen side up. The camera should be right off the edge of the table.

02-28-2015 05:01 PM
    It won't be another year until I go back to Japan where I purchased the phone. The apple genius manager at my local store told me that they will only be able to fix my phone if it was a screen problem, but since the problem is the aluminum body itself I must take it back to Japan.
    02-28-2015 05:04 PM
    I see any idea how it got bent?

02-28-2015 05:08 PM
    I see any idea how it got bent?

Not sure how as the phone is always protected in a case and I always leave the phone in a messenger bag whenever I go out. This is what the phone look like when I placed it screen facing up and the camera past the edge of the table, it only wobbles when the camera is past the edge though.

02-28-2015 05:21 PM
    Seems as though if you turn the bottom of the phone to the wall the top of the phone wouldn't lay flat on the table.
    Anything in the messenger bag that could have put pressure on it?

02-28-2015 05:36 PM
    None that I know of. The bag is really small and only fits my wallet, sunglasses and the phone itself.

Seems as though if you turn the bottom of the phone to the wall the top of the phone wouldn't lay flat on the table.

Anything in the messenger bag that could have put pressure on it?

02-28-2015 05:41 PM
    That is clearly bent. In the first picture you can see where the metal has like folded below the volume down button
    02-28-2015 06:06 PM
    That's what I thought at first. The apple genius lady told me that she has seen a couple of instances like mine and she thinks that the cutouts for the camera and the volume rocker may be misaligned making it appear bent. Not sure who to believe anymore lol.
    That is clearly bent. In the first picture you can see where the metal has like folded below the volume down button
    02-28-2015 06:33 PM
    I know that everyone is different, and that's okay, but if *my* iPhone 6 Plus looked like yours (gave the appearance of having a slight bend), but still worked properly, didn't have any cracks, peeling, discoloration or corrosion, I'd deem it a non-issue.
    02-28-2015 08:12 PM
    I don't believe that "take it back to Japan" crap. Why would they be okay fixing a screen but not the body? I can't tell from the pics if its bent. One pic looks straight and another makes it look off a tiny bit. What does it look like if you hold a ruler to different places on the back? does the ruler lay flush on both sides as well as the middle?
    02-28-2015 09:11 PM
    Set it face down on the screen on a level surface...take a level and place it on the back of the phone and see if it's off center noticeably. If it is, you bent it...

Going by the pictures, I'm surprised I'm reading this post.
    02-28-2015 09:52 PM
    They said it has something to do with the Japanese kanji engraved on the lower back below iphone , therefore they won't be able to refurbish the body. Tried the ruler and it lays surprisingly flat. I'm starting to suspect the cutouts for the buttons are misaligned from the factory.
    I don't believe that "take it back to Japan" crap. Why would they be okay fixing a screen but not the body? I can't tell from the pics if its bent. One pic looks straight and another makes it look off a tiny bit. What does it look like if you hold a ruler to different places on the back? does the ruler lay flush on both sides as well as the middle?
    02-28-2015 10:00 PM
    It won't be accurate if I put the phone faced down on the screen since I have a tempered glass screen protector that doesn't cover the entire screen.So it creates a leveled spacing

Set it face down on the screen on a level surface...take a level and place it on the back of the phone and see if it's off center noticeably. If it is, you bent it...

Going by the pictures, I'm surprised I'm reading this post.
    02-28-2015 10:11 PM
77 123 ...