Is my Iphone 6+ bent?

caymangt4

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Just some fyi. The manager that helped me out today informed me that the replacements units that they issue to their customers aren't the ones that are for sell. My replacement was taken out of a box roughly half the size of the original box it came with, so all they do is swap the new with the old one and you are asked to keep your original box along with the accessories because the replacement phones are basically bare bone and don't come with anything except the small box that it was placed in when it arrived to the store. They probably do this to keep the return shipping cost down when it ships back to the Qualcom factory overseas. So anyone that already gotten a replacement from apple, just keep that in mind and let the buyer know if you decide to sell your phone in the future that the non-matching serial number/imei is due to an exchange from Apple. One thing I also found out from the manager is that all replacement phones the customer gets have model number starting with the letter "N" instead of "M". So my model number is NGAK2LL/A instead of MGAK2LL/A.

Last edited:

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Just some fyi. The manager that helped me out today informed me that the replacements units that they issue to their customers aren't the ones that are for sell. My replacement was taken out of a box roughly half the size of the original box it came with, so all they do is swap the new with the old one and you are asked to keep your original box along with the accessories because the replacement phones are basically bare bone and don't come with anything except the small box that it was placed in when it arrived to the store. They probably do this to keep the return shipping cost down when it ships back to the Qualcom factory overseas. So anyone that already gotten a replacement from apple, just keep that in mind and let the buyer know if you decide to sell your phone in the future that the non-matching serial number/imei is due to an exchange from Apple. One thing I also found out from the manager is that all replacement phones the customer gets have model number starting with the letter "N" instead of "M". So my model number is NGAK2LL/A instead of MGAK2LL/A.

I wonder...if your replacement is "refurbished".

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Models beginning with "N" are code for replacement devices

I understand that but I wonder if the "replacement" device is, in reality, refurbished or if its a brand new device that is simply destined to be used for replacement purposes. ...not that it really matters one way or the other.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I understand that but I wonder if the "replacement" device is, in reality, refurbished or if its a brand new device that is simply destined to be used for replacement purposes. ...not that it really matters one way or the other.

I would have to say it's probably a refurb by now, I even heard from quite a few Genius Bar associates that the inspection or QC of those devices is much greater than even a new out of the box device since it is a refurb / replacement model

caymangt4

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
It's really hard to say. I was told that faulty devices are sent back overseas for major repairs, especially if the chassis was bent. The only parts that they actually refurbish are the hardware itself. I was also told they use some of the faulty parts like the bent enclosure aluminum chassis and the faulty display to build a completely new phone from scratch to be used as sample phones in the store.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Regardless of the why and how... Phones go in pockets, bags, holsters, cases etc. Real world use most people put a case and screen protector on their phone and put it in their purse or front/back pocket. To say that someone sitting down with their phone in their front pocket is at fault when the phone bends is ridiculous. It's to be expected that a phone will wind up in a pocket. Otherwise the iPhone would ship with some protective holster. They are made to be used case and screen protector free. How are you supposed to carry it so it doesn't get bent or dropped then? The way most of you talk I should have just bought the phone and left it in my safe at home because it's unreasonable for me to expect my phone to stay in good condition in my pocket. How dare I buy a personal cell phone and expect it not to hold up to normal wear and tear. What am I thinking...

I carry my 6 Plus in my pocket all the time...as well as a bike handle bar case, tossed in my jeep, wife's car seat, couch and about a hundred other places...and it hasn't bent even a little. The way some of YOU talk, mine should be "U" shaped. It's not unreasonable to expect your phone to stay in good condition while in your pocket, and as reality would have it, the 6 plus does JUST THAT...what IS unreasonable though is the criteria in which some of you define "flawed".

This device doesn't have a flawed design, it has users who put it through activities that leave it bent sometimes...but most people don't, and most people use their phones in normal ways you'd expect a phone to be used...and go home at the end of the day with an unbent device.

Some of you really WANT this to be an issue though for some very odd reason...like you ENJOY the idea of a flaw. It's so odd, and then you get all pissed off when people defend logic by trying to force your idea on people. You WANT people to KNOW their device is flawed and prone to bending and you WANT every story of a bent iPhone to be attributed to a fault in Apple's design.

I'd just like people to shut up about bent iPhones, and if they feel their device bent unreasonably (after careful handling and nothing they can recall as their own fault), go get a replacement from Apple (who are readily replacing, because their customer service is top tier).

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
[clipped]

I'd just like people to shut up about bent iPhones, and if they feel their device bent unreasonably (after careful handling and nothing they can recall as their own fault), go get a replacement from Apple (who are readily replacing, because their customer service is top tier).

All I've said is that I want my 6+ to be as durable as any of my other phablets in the same circumstances. I still feel that's a reasonable expectation given its cost and so far so good. It is good to know that Apple is handling issues in the event there are any.

🔋from the Note 4✒ 📒

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
All I've said is that I want my 6+ to be as durable as any of my other phablets in the same circumstances. I still feel that's a reasonable expectation given its cost and so far so good. It is good to know that Apple is handling issues in the event there are any.

from the Note 4

It is as durable as other phablet devices under the same circumstances. I'm willing to bet that the actual number of people complaining about bent iPhones 6 Plus devices are minuscule (probably less than 1%) in comparison to the overall number of people who use them.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
It is as durable as other phablet devices under the same circumstances. I'm willing to bet that the actual number of people complaining about bent iPhones 6 Plus devices are minuscule (probably less than 1%) in comparison to the overall number of people who use them.
Okay. So I see that as if Garz had had my Note 4 or Note Edge or Note 3 or G3 the same thing would have happened to him and to all the others. I need to remain very careful then and I will.

♻from the Note 4✒ 📶

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Okay. So I see that as if Garz had had my Note 4 or Note Edge or Note 3 or G3 the same thing would have happened to him and to all the others. I need to remain very careful then and I will.

from the Note 4

It's possible.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

��from the Note 4✒ ��

That's fine...I don't recall pointing you out specifically with my comment.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice