My thought is this, I frequent Android Central up the street too. I simply don't recall seeing any posts about phones bending and I don't believe I'm intentionally numb to such because I'm at AC. I haven't seen any threads about Note 4's, Note Edges, G3's, S5's or other phones bending. Now, I'm told here that the reason I see those threads here is because of the media. ...I'm not here to argue, I realize that I'm at an Apple forum and I have a 6+ myself. ...but I can't help but be skeptical that there is indeed more to this whole phone-bending thing than just the media sensationalizing the issue because it relates to Apple. With that said I'm going to try to leave it alone.
    03-02-2015 02:32 PM
    My thought is this, I frequent Android Central up the street too. I simply don't recall seeing any posts about phones bending and I don't believe I'm intentionally numb to such because I'm at AC. I haven't seen any threads about Note 4's, Note Edges, G3's, S5's or other phones bending. Now, I'm told here that the reason I see those threads here is because of the media. ...I'm not here to argue, I realize that I'm at an Apple forum and I have a 6+ myself. ...but I can't help but be skeptical that there is indeed more to this whole phone-bending thing than just the media sensationalizing the issue because it relates to Apple. With that said I'm going to try to leave it alone.
    But notice that the OP's phone isn't bent (that's how I see it). He wouldn't even wonder to ask or pursue crowd sourced affirmation that it is bent had it not been a sensationalized story. That's what makes the Android Central comparison irrelevant.
    Last edited by BreakingKayfabe; 03-02-2015 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Grammar
    03-02-2015 03:17 PM
    It's pretty common to see bending complaints on all phones made out of aluminum, or with aluminum frame. I've seen several complaints with HTC One and Xperia Z3. There was also quite a few complaints about the iPhone 5 too, but not nearly as many as what we are seeing now with the 6 and 6+. I think many people assume that phones made out of metal are more durable than phones made with cheaper materials, which leads them to believe that it's safe to put it in a tight pants pocket without risk of damage. Unfortunately, these people are wrong. Aluminum phones should definitely be handled with care and common sense, especially in a time when phone sizes are getting larger while pants are getting tighter. I know there's at least two or three pairs of jeans I don't wear anymore since getting the iPhone 6.
    03-02-2015 03:40 PM
    It's pretty common to see bending complaints on all phones made out of aluminum, or with aluminum frame. I've seen several complaints with HTC One and Xperia Z3. There was also quite a few complaints about the iPhone 5 too, but not nearly as many as what we are seeing now with the 6 and 6+. I think many people assume that phones made out of metal are more durable than phones made with cheaper materials, which leads them to believe that it's safe to put it in a tight pants pocket without risk of damage. Unfortunately, these people are wrong. Aluminum phones should definitely be handled with care and common sense, especially in a time when phone sizes are getting larger while pants are getting tighter. I know there's at least two or three pairs of jeans I don't wear anymore since getting the iPhone 6.
    I will not argue that. However, if that is the case why use aluminum without bracing it? I really do believe the 6s and 6s+ will be less susceptible to bending.
    diggity likes this.
    03-02-2015 04:07 PM
    I would like to add that my phone does not wobble with the screen facing down like many others do. However, my screen is loose around the volume buttons area, so I made an appointment online to bring it in so a apple genius representative can take a look at it. I'm starting to believe that my iphone 6+ came defective from the factory, with the aluminum body being made slightly curved.
    anon8656116 likes this.
    03-02-2015 07:24 PM
    I will not argue that. However, if that is the case why use aluminum without bracing it? I really do believe the 6s and 6s+ will be less susceptible to bending.
    The phones don't bend that easy to need bracing, especially in a case
    03-02-2015 11:03 PM
    I really hope the next iPhone is not any more susceptible to bending than the iPhone 4/4s.
    here's a short anecdote (because it's generally the ones with bad experiences that take to social media):
    The other day I went to the gym with my iPhone6, no case or anything, and while I sat on a mat I had put on the floor and tried to balance an additional 45kg weight before lying flat I realised there was this odd little bump right under my behind, under the mat. Didn't really bother me, I moved around a little so I could ignore that bump. Then (I had my headphones in) Siri went off and it struck me that I just activated Siri with my ultra ripped bum (sorry for the imagery), sitting on the homebutton. I tossed the weight away, jumped off the mat and cursed loudly, expecting at least a shattered screen, let alone having a dent in my phone or bent it. Needless to say I found it unscathed. Not the slightest bend, nothing. I would almost certainly have destroyed my iPhone5 with that. So there. It's as rigid as a device of that size/material/ergonomics should be, in fact it exceeded my expectations. This waffling about bending really needs to come to an end. (having said that, I can't wait for the first S6 examinations. I think they deserve the same scrutiny).
    Last edited by melbsteve; 03-02-2015 at 11:51 PM.
    03-02-2015 11:30 PM
    Just an update: went to the my local apple store again and they replaced my 6+ with no questions asked, they apologized for the previous experience I had with the other employee saying she might be lacking experience. They offered me applecare+ for half price at $50 and I accepted, the manager also gave me a free thunderbolt to usb cable that is longer then the supplied one at no charge. Turns out that the iphone 6+ I purchased in Japan is factory unlocked, therefore my phone has international warranty. So the myth of unlocked iphone purchased overseas not having international warranty is false! They told me that the only iphones not eligible for international warranty would be the ones locked to a specific carrier for that country, like China for example.
    LCW, Garz and anon8656116 like this.
    03-03-2015 06:00 PM
    Just an update: went to the my local apple store again and they replaced my 6+ with no questions asked, they apologized for the previous experience I had with the other employee saying she might be lacking experience. They offered me applecare+ for half price at $50 and I accepted, the manager also gave me a free thunderbolt to usb cable that is longer then the supplied one at no charge. Turns out that the iphone 6+ I purchased in Japan is factory unlocked, therefore my phone has international warranty. So the myth of unlocked iphone purchased overseas not having international warranty is false! They told me that the only iphones not eligible for international warranty would be the ones locked to a specific carrier for that country, like China for example.
    Wow. Excellent.
    03-03-2015 06:02 PM
    Congrats glad it worked out for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-03-2015 06:24 PM
    Apple's excellent customer service strikes again!
    hydrogen3 likes this.
    03-03-2015 06:34 PM
    Thanks. My replacement phone is straight as an arrow. They actually had me keep my old box and only transferred the phones. Here are some pics and the work order receipt. I had to block out the usual stuff for my privacy lol.

BreakingKayfabe and LCW like this.
    03-03-2015 06:38 PM
    Just some fyi. The manager that helped me out today informed me that the replacements units that they issue to their customers aren't the ones that are for sell. My replacement was taken out of a box roughly half the size of the original box it came with, so all they do is swap the new with the old one and you are asked to keep your original box along with the accessories because the replacement phones are basically bare bone and don't come with anything except the small box that it was placed in when it arrived to the store. They probably do this to keep the return shipping cost down when it ships back to the Qualcom factory overseas. So anyone that already gotten a replacement from apple, just keep that in mind and let the buyer know if you decide to sell your phone in the future that the non-matching serial number/imei is due to an exchange from Apple. One thing I also found out from the manager is that all replacement phones the customer gets have model number starting with the letter "N" instead of "M". So my model number is NGAK2LL/A instead of MGAK2LL/A.
    Last edited by caymangt4; 03-04-2015 at 12:28 AM.
    03-04-2015 12:15 AM
    Just some fyi. The manager that helped me out today informed me that the replacements units that they issue to their customers aren't the ones that are for sell. My replacement was taken out of a box roughly half the size of the original box it came with, so all they do is swap the new with the old one and you are asked to keep your original box along with the accessories because the replacement phones are basically bare bone and don't come with anything except the small box that it was placed in when it arrived to the store. They probably do this to keep the return shipping cost down when it ships back to the Qualcom factory overseas. So anyone that already gotten a replacement from apple, just keep that in mind and let the buyer know if you decide to sell your phone in the future that the non-matching serial number/imei is due to an exchange from Apple. One thing I also found out from the manager is that all replacement phones the customer gets have model number starting with the letter "N" instead of "M". So my model number is NGAK2LL/A instead of MGAK2LL/A.
    I wonder...if your replacement is "refurbished".
    03-04-2015 05:39 AM
    I wonder...if your replacement is "refurbished".
    Models beginning with "N" are code for replacement devices
    03-04-2015 08:11 AM
    I understand that but I wonder if the "replacement" device is, in reality, refurbished or if its a brand new device that is simply destined to be used for replacement purposes. ...not that it really matters one way or the other.
    03-04-2015 08:44 AM
    I understand that but I wonder if the "replacement" device is, in reality, refurbished or if its a brand new device that is simply destined to be used for replacement purposes. ...not that it really matters one way or the other.
    I would have to say it's probably a refurb by now, I even heard from quite a few Genius Bar associates that the inspection or QC of those devices is much greater than even a new out of the box device since it is a refurb / replacement model
    03-04-2015 09:04 AM
    It's really hard to say. I was told that faulty devices are sent back overseas for major repairs, especially if the chassis was bent. The only parts that they actually refurbish are the hardware itself. I was also told they use some of the faulty parts like the bent enclosure aluminum chassis and the faulty display to build a completely new phone from scratch to be used as sample phones in the store.
    03-04-2015 01:04 PM
    Regardless of the why and how... Phones go in pockets, bags, holsters, cases etc. Real world use most people put a case and screen protector on their phone and put it in their purse or front/back pocket. To say that someone sitting down with their phone in their front pocket is at fault when the phone bends is ridiculous. It's to be expected that a phone will wind up in a pocket. Otherwise the iPhone would ship with some protective holster. They are made to be used case and screen protector free. How are you supposed to carry it so it doesn't get bent or dropped then? The way most of you talk I should have just bought the phone and left it in my safe at home because it's unreasonable for me to expect my phone to stay in good condition in my pocket. How dare I buy a personal cell phone and expect it not to hold up to normal wear and tear. What am I thinking...
    I carry my 6 Plus in my pocket all the time...as well as a bike handle bar case, tossed in my jeep, wife's car seat, couch and about a hundred other places...and it hasn't bent even a little. The way some of YOU talk, mine should be "U" shaped. It's not unreasonable to expect your phone to stay in good condition while in your pocket, and as reality would have it, the 6 plus does JUST THAT...what IS unreasonable though is the criteria in which some of you define "flawed".

This device doesn't have a flawed design, it has users who put it through activities that leave it bent sometimes...but most people don't, and most people use their phones in normal ways you'd expect a phone to be used...and go home at the end of the day with an unbent device.

Some of you really WANT this to be an issue though for some very odd reason...like you ENJOY the idea of a flaw. It's so odd, and then you get all pissed off when people defend logic by trying to force your idea on people. You WANT people to KNOW their device is flawed and prone to bending and you WANT every story of a bent iPhone to be attributed to a fault in Apple's design.

I'd just like people to shut up about bent iPhones, and if they feel their device bent unreasonably (after careful handling and nothing they can recall as their own fault), go get a replacement from Apple (who are readily replacing, because their customer service is top tier).
    03-04-2015 11:28 PM
    Not necessarily true...people are reporting new devices out of the box (non-warranty replacement purchases) with "N" serials.
    03-04-2015 11:29 PM
    [clipped]

I'd just like people to shut up about bent iPhones, and if they feel their device bent unreasonably (after careful handling and nothing they can recall as their own fault), go get a replacement from Apple (who are readily replacing, because their customer service is top tier).
    All I've said is that I want my 6+ to be as durable as any of my other phablets in the same circumstances. I still feel that's a reasonable expectation given its cost and so far so good. It is good to know that Apple is handling issues in the event there are any.

🔋from the Note 4✒ 📒
    03-05-2015 06:34 AM
    All I've said is that I want my 6+ to be as durable as any of my other phablets in the same circumstances. I still feel that's a reasonable expectation given its cost and so far so good. It is good to know that Apple is handling issues in the event there are any.

from the Note 4
    It is as durable as other phablet devices under the same circumstances. I'm willing to bet that the actual number of people complaining about bent iPhones 6 Plus devices are minuscule (probably less than 1%) in comparison to the overall number of people who use them.
    03-05-2015 07:20 AM
    It is as durable as other phablet devices under the same circumstances. I'm willing to bet that the actual number of people complaining about bent iPhones 6 Plus devices are minuscule (probably less than 1%) in comparison to the overall number of people who use them.
    Okay. So I see that as if Garz had had my Note 4 or Note Edge or Note 3 or G3 the same thing would have happened to him and to all the others. I need to remain very careful then and I will.

♻from the Note 4✒ 📶
    03-05-2015 07:55 AM
    Okay. So I see that as if Garz had had my Note 4 or Note Edge or Note 3 or G3 the same thing would have happened to him and to all the others. I need to remain very careful then and I will.

from the Note 4
    It's possible.
    03-05-2015 07:56 AM

from the Note 4✒
    That's fine...I don't recall pointing you out specifically with my comment.
    03-05-2015 09:21 AM
77 1234