A ruler is not going to give you the same answer as a level...a level will give you a very precise visual representation of the flatness of the chassis of the device.
    02-28-2015 10:11 PM
    It won't be accurate if I put the phone faced down on the screen since I have a tempered glass screen protector that doesn't cover the entire screen.So it creates a leveled spacing
    The screen protector covers enough surface area to maintain a level surface...I have zagg glass on the front of my 6 Plus...it levels perfectly straight every time.
    02-28-2015 10:15 PM
    its bent
    03-01-2015 05:20 PM
    I really hope the next iPhone is not any more susceptible to bending than the iPhone 4/4s.
    03-01-2015 05:45 PM
    I really hope the next iPhone is not any more susceptible to bending than the iPhone 4/4s.
    I really don't think it's more susceptible to bending than anything else.

This user reports having the phone 2 weeks. The other user a few days ago with a SG 6 Plus reports having the the phone right after launch.

I'm curious about the time difference. Both users report they don't know how it happened.

What is it that happens in 2 weeks or 4-5 months?
    I'm close to 4 months and no bends. I keep it in my front pocket when out and on a table when home.
    Will mine bend at month 6? or 7? Or 8?

Shouldn't mine over time be slight bending? I've checked mine quite a few times and nothing and there are a lot of users that share my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    03-01-2015 06:16 PM
    I haven't checked my 6+ and don't want to.
    😨
    03-01-2015 06:32 PM
    I wish the Unbox Therapy video never existed because this bending "issue" wouldn't be as overblown as it is. Ok let's face a fact anything can bend, or break with enough pressure applied to it. Is the iPhone design flawed? No. It is designed as Apple has intended. I honestly can't see or believe that inanimate objects just bend without explanation. The only way a bent phone can be blamed on Apple is if it came bent out of the box, otherwise it is on the purchaser.

We really should stop feeding into these stories of astonishing, self bending iPhones, because something is responsible for this phenomena and it's definitely not Casper.
    03-01-2015 07:01 PM
    I always found this article very interesting especially the last line.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/11/7/71...-a-bent-iphone

03-01-2015 07:05 PM
    If the Apple Store in the States doesn’t help you then you either have to live with this (for a year) or send the iPhone back to Japan by post (if that’s an option). Other than that there isn’t anything you could do, except paying for a repair of course. You could put a thin case on it to conceal the distortion and avoid further bending.

In my opinion, it helps to think that this phone could have easily fallen out of your hands by now and have a scratch or dent. It’s bound to happen sooner or later.

As an example: only last week my iPhone 6 started to suffer from the ‘crescent-moon syndrome’ (i.e. the slightly misaligned front-facing camera that some users have reported). It did upset me at first and I was very tempted to get my screen replaced at an Apple Store (about 2.5 hours away). However, my iPhone was pristine before and I don’t want to let anyone tamper with it, so I did not do it. One week later and I don’t even think about it anymore. Stuff like this happens and more often than not you will stop thinking about it.

We really should stop feeding into these stories of astonishing, self bending iPhones, because something is responsible for this phenomena and it's definitely not Casper.
    I always found this article very interesting especially the last line.
    Could you stop with the criticism? Nobody asked for this here.
    Last edited by Eitot; 03-02-2015 at 10:00 AM.
    03-02-2015 08:20 AM
    If the Apple Store in the States doesn’t help you then you either have to live with this (for a year) or send the iPhone back to Japan by post (if that’s an option). Other than that there isn’t anything you could do, except paying for a repair of course. You could put a thin case on it to conceal the distortion and avoid further bending.

In my opinion, it helps to think that this phone could have easily fallen out of your hands by now and have a scratch or dent. It’s bound to happen sooner or later.

Could you stop with the criticism? Nobody asked for this here.
    Lol. In your reply there is criticism by offering your advice and opinion. You also signed up for a Internet forum where subjects are debatable and most of the comments are criticizing, would you like a donut to sit on while you read these posts?

I'm sorry in advance for being a "blankety blank" when posting a reply in a open forum about self-bending iPhones.

I understand that my disbelief in these stories may offend those who this never happened too nor would it ever without just cause, but I will reframe from posting comments any further about these ludicrous accusations of iPhones bending without explanation.
    03-02-2015 09:45 AM
    Lol. In your reply there is criticism by offering your advice and opinion. You also signed up for a Internet forum where subjects are debatable and most of the comments are criticizing, would you like a donut to sit on while you read these posts?

I'm sorry in advance for being a "blankety blank" when posting a reply in a open forum about self-bending iPhones.

I understand that my disbelief in these stories may offend those who this never happened too nor would it ever without just cause, but I will reframe from posting comments any further about these ludicrous accusations of iPhones bending without explanation.
    Whatever, just pointing out that it’s tiring to read the same-old, same-old criticism that you brought up here now. The OP was very respectful so far, no need to become antagonistic. Sometimes a bit of good old manners could do public forums some good.
    03-02-2015 09:52 AM
    Whatever, just pointing out that it’s tiring to read the same-old, same-old criticism that you brought up here now. The OP was very respectful so far, no need to become antagonistic. Sometimes a bit of good old manners could do public forums some good.
    Huh there you go pointing again.

When you point one finger at me at least three point back at you.

When you reply back to me you are doing the same thing I'm doing, if you do not like what I'm saying then don't stoop to my level.
    03-02-2015 09:57 AM
    I offered no criticism to the OP. The link I posted the user states they don't know how it got bent then says in the last line he says maybe I shouldn't put it in my back pocket which means he sits on it.

03-02-2015 10:03 AM
    I offered no criticism to the OP. The link I posted the user states they don't know how it got bent then says in the last line he says maybe I shouldn't put it in my back pocket which means he sits on it.
    The last line in The Verge’s article was tongue-in-cheek. The OP already said that they keep the iPhone in a bag, not a trouser pocket.

Who knows what happened, it hasn’t been definitely ruled out that the bending could have happened through excessive heat and slight pressure; maybe someone pushed against the messenger bag once and caused it. It’s a known problem even with aluminium MacBooks, even before the unibody models.

For the OP it really just sucks.
    03-02-2015 10:08 AM
    The last line in The Verges article was tongue-in-cheek. The OP already said that they keep the iPhone in a bag, not a trouser pocket.

Who knows what happened, it hasnt been definitely ruled out that the bending could have happened through excessive heat and slight pressure. Its a known problem even with aluminium MacBooks, even before the unibody models.

A close reading of the Verge article he states that it has been in a pants pocket both front and back, jacket packet or in a bag. Elsewhere in the article he mentions that here is a noticeable dent in the phone (in addition to the bend) which would leave me to believe it has had other damage from a drop or something. And he even admits he has probably dropped the phone although he said he didn't think the drops had caused any damage.
    03-02-2015 10:17 AM
    The last line in The Verges article was tongue-in-cheek. The OP already said that they keep the iPhone in a bag, not a trouser pocket.

Who knows what happened, it hasnt been definitely ruled out that the bending could have happened through excessive heat and slight pressure. Its a known problem even with aluminium MacBooks, even before the unibody models.

In the Verge article he states he doesn't discriminate between front and back pockets. He used both.

03-02-2015 10:22 AM
    A close reading of the Verge article he states that it has been in a pants pocket both front and back, jacket packet or in a bag. Elsewhere in the article he mentions that here is a noticeable dent in the phone (in addition to the bend) which would leave me to believe it has had other damage from a drop or something. And he even admits he has probably dropped the phone although he said he didn't think the drops had caused any damage.
    In the Verge article he states he doesn't discriminate between front and back pockets. He used both.
    I honestly don’t care what The Verge reporter did or did not do with their iPhone. What caused the bending in their case may not have had anything to do with the matter here. Again: the OP said that they didn’t put it in a trouser pocket, but only a messenger bag.

I don’t understand why some users here bring a distrusting undertone into this thread, as if the OP were about to insult someone’s grandmother or criticise a deity. All I see is a concrete problem with the OP’s phone and a request for information and help to avoid the issue in the future.

I think that a strong(er) case should conceal the flaw and prevent further damage best, whatever the cause for the initial bending. Apple’s products have hardware flaws and it’s rarely nice to get one yourself.
    03-02-2015 11:05 AM
    I honestly don’t care what The Verge reporter did or did not do with their iPhone. What caused the bending in their case may not have had anything to do with the matter here. Again: the OP said that they didn’t put it in a trouser pocket, but only a messenger bag.

I don’t understand why some users here bring a distrusting undertone into this thread, as if the OP were about to insult someone’s grandmother or criticise a deity. All I see is a concrete problem with the OP’s phone and a request for information and help to avoid the issue in the future.

I think that a strong(er) case should conceal the flaw and prevent further damage best, whatever the cause for the initial bending. Apple’s products have hardware flaws and it’s rarely nice to get one yourself.
    Alright "Super Save'em All" who's cape is flapping in the wind as they stand on their pedestal of justice. I stand by my statement that whatever happened to this iPhone is still on the OP. If it was damaged out the box I gaurantee that the OP would've been back to Apple that day, instead the OP is claiming that an American Apple Store can not fix a iPhone purchased in Japan doesn't that stand out to you?
    03-02-2015 11:22 AM
    Regardless of the why and how... Phones go in pockets, bags, holsters, cases etc. Real world use most people put a case and screen protector on their phone and put it in their purse or front/back pocket. To say that someone sitting down with their phone in their front pocket is at fault when the phone bends is ridiculous. It's to be expected that a phone will wind up in a pocket. Otherwise the iPhone would ship with some protective holster. They are made to be used case and screen protector free. How are you supposed to carry it so it doesn't get bent or dropped then? The way most of you talk I should have just bought the phone and left it in my safe at home because it's unreasonable for me to expect my phone to stay in good condition in my pocket. How dare I buy a personal cell phone and expect it not to hold up to normal wear and tear. What am I thinking...
    Haalcyon and anon8656116 like this.
    03-02-2015 11:38 AM

Putting your phone in your back pocket DOES NOT mean you sit on it. I keep my phones in my back pocket but I never forget I have a $600+ device in my pocket and sit on it. ...at least I haven't yet and I'm certainly no smarter or more mentally attendant than most.
    03-02-2015 11:47 AM
    If I put my phone in my pocket whether it's in a case or not if I do believe that I can feel it in my pocket, honestly when I'm at the point where I can feel the phone it may be time for me to take it out my pocket. iPhones do not just bend from being in a pocket, I see people trying to justify "wear and tear" by covering up carelessness. I work in a warehouse and I know that if I keep my phone in my pocket and keep bumping into inanimate objects my phone will sustain some damage. So if I clearly can understand how my normal routine can cause damage to my device how is this a flaw and Apples fault?
    03-02-2015 12:07 PM
    So if I clearly can understand how my normal routine can cause damage to my device how is this a flaw and Apples fault?
    Its not.
    03-02-2015 12:28 PM
    Putting your phone in your back pocket DOES NOT mean you sit on it. I keep my phones in my back pocket but I never forget I have a $600+ device in my pocket and sit on it. ...at least I haven't yet and I'm certainly no smarter or more mentally attendant than most.
    Well the guy Dan in the Verge said "Maybe I shouldn't put it in my back pocket" Why?
    He said it not me.
    I don't put anything in my back except paper. I stopped carrying a wallet in my back pocket because my CC cards and bank cards were bending.
    A person can put their phone in any pocket they choose. If in moment of forgetfulness its in their back pocket this may happen.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...eware-t2958252

03-02-2015 01:12 PM
    Well the guy Dan in the Verge said "Maybe I shouldn't put it in my back pocket" Why?
    He said it not me.
    I don't put anything in my back except paper. I stopped carrying a wallet in my back pocket because my CC cards and bank cards were bending.
    A person can put their phone in any pocket they choose. If in moment of forgetfulness its in their back pocket this may happen.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/nexu...eware-t2958252

Forgetfulness, kinda like forgetting your kid is in the back seat when you go shopping and leaving them in the car. Yeah, people have done it.
    03-02-2015 01:46 PM
    I am somewhat disappointed with apple products. I had an htc one m7 before the 6+ and throughout my nearly 2 years of ownership it didn't bend at all, it spend all its time in tight pockets and not one single bent. As many of you may know this phone is also constructed with an aluminum shell. I became very cautious and paranoid after buying the 6+ as I heard many horror stories of it bending easily in the pocket so I got bought one of the highest rated case and never left the phone in my pockets. Also for some odd reason, when I rad my serial number at the apple warranty coverage site it shows that my phone has coverage in the states. I'm confused now, isn't the warranty for the iphone only valid at the country it was originally purchased?
    03-02-2015 02:20 PM
77 1234