Is my Iphone 6+ bent?

caymangt4

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I've had the phone for about 2 weeks now and I had never left it in either of my pockets. I compared my 6+ to my friend's and I noticed that the problem with mine may be that the cutouts for the power button and volume rocker gives it the illusion that it may be slightly bent in that area. My phone does lay flat on the face so I'm guessing it may not be a bent but I'm not so sure. The phone looks perfectly straight and flat from the side view. So I'm guessing if my tempered glass screen protector could have cause this? anyone experience something similar?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
No.

But if you think you have an issue, a visit to an AppleStore's GeniusBar will get it evaluated, and if they determine there's an issue - they will let you know what your options are...

caymangt4

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I brought it to an apple store here in the states already but they said since my phone is an overseas version I must take it back to where I bought it to have it evaluated.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
The first two pictures don't seem like it, but the others do.

Are you sure they wouldn't service your iPhone for that reason alone? My mom's phone was bought in Europe and fixed (wasn't bent) under warranty here in the US.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hard to tell. It looks like it could be in the pics of it on the table.
Did you lay it on a flat surface with the camera off the edge of the surface to see if it wobbles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

caymangt4

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
You mean lay it so the camera is facing the table? Wouldn't that be inaccurate because the protruding lens will cause the gap?

Hard to tell. It looks like it could be in the pics of it on the table.
Did you lay it on a flat surface with the camera off the edge of the surface to see if it wobbles?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
You mean lay it so the camera is facing the table? Wouldn't that be inaccurate because the protruding lens will cause the gap?

Yes facing the table or screen side up. The camera should be right off the edge of the table.

caymangt4

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
It won't be another year until I go back to Japan where I purchased the phone. The apple genius manager at my local store told me that they will only be able to fix my phone if it was a screen problem, but since the problem is the aluminum body itself I must take it back to Japan.

caymangt4

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
I see any idea how it got bent?

Not sure how as the phone is always protected in a case and I always leave the phone in a messenger bag whenever I go out. This is what the phone look like when I placed it screen facing up and the camera past the edge of the table, it only wobbles when the camera is past the edge though.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Seems as though if you turn the bottom of the phone to the wall the top of the phone wouldn't lay flat on the table.
Anything in the messenger bag that could have put pressure on it?

caymangt4

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
None that I know of. The bag is really small and only fits my wallet, sunglasses and the phone itself.

Seems as though if you turn the bottom of the phone to the wall the top of the phone wouldn't lay flat on the table.

Anything in the messenger bag that could have put pressure on it?

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
That is clearly bent. In the first picture you can see where the metal has like folded below the volume down button

caymangt4

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
That's what I thought at first. The apple genius lady told me that she has seen a couple of instances like mine and she thinks that the cutouts for the camera and the volume rocker may be misaligned making it appear bent. Not sure who to believe anymore lol.
That is clearly bent. In the first picture you can see where the metal has like folded below the volume down button

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711