Is my Iphone 6+ bent?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I know that everyone is different, and that's okay, but if *my* iPhone 6 Plus looked like yours (gave the appearance of having a slight bend), but still worked properly, didn't have any cracks, peeling, discoloration or corrosion, I'd deem it a non-issue.

denzilla

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
I don't believe that "take it back to Japan" crap. Why would they be okay fixing a screen but not the body? I can't tell from the pics if its bent. One pic looks straight and another makes it look off a tiny bit. What does it look like if you hold a ruler to different places on the back? does the ruler lay flush on both sides as well as the middle?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Set it face down on the screen on a level surface...take a level and place it on the back of the phone and see if it's off center noticeably. If it is, you bent it...

Going by the pictures, I'm surprised I'm reading this post.

caymangt4

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
They said it has something to do with the Japanese kanji engraved on the lower back below iphone , therefore they won't be able to refurbish the body. Tried the ruler and it lays surprisingly flat. I'm starting to suspect the cutouts for the buttons are misaligned from the factory.
I don't believe that "take it back to Japan" crap. Why would they be okay fixing a screen but not the body? I can't tell from the pics if its bent. One pic looks straight and another makes it look off a tiny bit. What does it look like if you hold a ruler to different places on the back? does the ruler lay flush on both sides as well as the middle?

caymangt4

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
It won't be accurate if I put the phone faced down on the screen since I have a tempered glass screen protector that doesn't cover the entire screen.So it creates a leveled spacing

Set it face down on the screen on a level surface...take a level and place it on the back of the phone and see if it's off center noticeably. If it is, you bent it...

Going by the pictures, I'm surprised I'm reading this post.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
A ruler is not going to give you the same answer as a level...a level will give you a very precise visual representation of the flatness of the chassis of the device.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
It won't be accurate if I put the phone faced down on the screen since I have a tempered glass screen protector that doesn't cover the entire screen.So it creates a leveled spacing

The screen protector covers enough surface area to maintain a level surface...I have zagg glass on the front of my 6 Plus...it levels perfectly straight every time.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I really hope the next iPhone is not any more susceptible to bending than the iPhone 4/4s.

I really don't think it's more susceptible to bending than anything else.

This user reports having the phone 2 weeks. The other user a few days ago with a SG 6 Plus reports having the the phone right after launch.

I'm curious about the time difference. Both users report they don't know how it happened.

What is it that happens in 2 weeks or 4-5 months?
I'm close to 4 months and no bends. I keep it in my front pocket when out and on a table when home.
Will mine bend at month 6? or 7? Or 8?

Shouldn't mine over time be slight bending? I've checked mine quite a few times and nothing and there are a lot of users that share my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jakdillard

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I wish the Unbox Therapy video never existed because this bending "issue" wouldn't be as overblown as it is. Ok let's face a fact anything can bend, or break with enough pressure applied to it. Is the iPhone design flawed? No. It is designed as Apple has intended. I honestly can't see or believe that inanimate objects just bend without explanation. The only way a bent phone can be blamed on Apple is if it came bent out of the box, otherwise it is on the purchaser.

We really should stop feeding into these stories of astonishing, self bending iPhones, because something is responsible for this phenomena and it's definitely not Casper.

anon8656116

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
If the Apple Store in the States doesn’t help you then you either have to live with this (for a year) or send the iPhone back to Japan by post (if that’s an option). Other than that there isn’t anything you could do, except paying for a repair of course. You could put a thin case on it to conceal the distortion and avoid further bending.

In my opinion, it helps to think that this phone could have easily fallen out of your hands by now and have a scratch or dent. It’s bound to happen sooner or later.

As an example: only last week my iPhone 6 started to suffer from the ‘crescent-moon syndrome’ (i.e. the slightly misaligned front-facing camera that some users have reported). It did upset me at first and I was very tempted to get my screen replaced at an Apple Store (about 2.5 hours away). However, my iPhone was pristine before and I don’t want to let anyone tamper with it, so I did not do it. One week later and I don’t even think about it anymore. Stuff like this happens and more often than not you will stop thinking about it.

We really should stop feeding into these stories of astonishing, self bending iPhones, because something is responsible for this phenomena and it's definitely not Casper.

I always found this article very interesting especially the last line.

Could you stop with the criticism? Nobody asked for this here.

Last edited:

jakdillard

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
If the Apple Store in the States doesn’t help you then you either have to live with this (for a year) or send the iPhone back to Japan by post (if that’s an option). Other than that there isn’t anything you could do, except paying for a repair of course. You could put a thin case on it to conceal the distortion and avoid further bending.

In my opinion, it helps to think that this phone could have easily fallen out of your hands by now and have a scratch or dent. It’s bound to happen sooner or later.

Could you stop with the criticism? Nobody asked for this here.

Lol. In your reply there is criticism by offering your advice and opinion. You also signed up for a Internet forum where subjects are debatable and most of the comments are criticizing, would you like a donut to sit on while you read these posts?

I'm sorry in advance for being a "blankety blank" when posting a reply in a open forum about self-bending iPhones.

I understand that my disbelief in these stories may offend those who this never happened too nor would it ever without just cause, but I will reframe from posting comments any further about these ludicrous accusations of iPhones bending without explanation.

anon8656116

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
Lol. In your reply there is criticism by offering your advice and opinion. You also signed up for a Internet forum where subjects are debatable and most of the comments are criticizing, would you like a donut to sit on while you read these posts?

I'm sorry in advance for being a "blankety blank" when posting a reply in a open forum about self-bending iPhones.

I understand that my disbelief in these stories may offend those who this never happened too nor would it ever without just cause, but I will reframe from posting comments any further about these ludicrous accusations of iPhones bending without explanation.

Whatever, just pointing out that it’s tiring to read the same-old, same-old criticism that you brought up here now. The OP was very respectful so far, no need to become antagonistic. Sometimes a bit of good old manners could do public forums some good.

jakdillard

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Whatever, just pointing out that it’s tiring to read the same-old, same-old criticism that you brought up here now. The OP was very respectful so far, no need to become antagonistic. Sometimes a bit of good old manners could do public forums some good.

Huh there you go pointing again.

When you point one finger at me at least three point back at you.

When you reply back to me you are doing the same thing I'm doing, if you do not like what I'm saying then don't stoop to my level.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I offered no criticism to the OP. The link I posted the user states they don't know how it got bent then says in the last line he says maybe I shouldn't put it in my back pocket which means he sits on it.

anon8656116

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
I offered no criticism to the OP. The link I posted the user states they don't know how it got bent then says in the last line he says maybe I shouldn't put it in my back pocket which means he sits on it.

The last line in The Verge’s article was tongue-in-cheek. The OP already said that they keep the iPhone in a bag, not a trouser pocket.

Who knows what happened, it hasn’t been definitely ruled out that the bending could have happened through excessive heat and slight pressure; maybe someone pushed against the messenger bag once and caused it. It’s a known problem even with aluminium MacBooks, even before the unibody models.

For the OP it really just sucks.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The last line in The Verge?s article was tongue-in-cheek. The OP already said that they keep the iPhone in a bag, not a trouser pocket.

Who knows what happened, it hasn?t been definitely ruled out that the bending could have happened through excessive heat and slight pressure. It?s a known problem even with aluminium MacBooks, even before the unibody models.

For the OP it really just sucks.

In the Verge article he states he doesn't discriminate between front and back pockets. He used both.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit