Anyone else have 6+ battery drain?

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
So for the last couple of weeks my iPhone 6+ has been getting pretty hot under regular use (i.e browsing, texting, social network. Not gaming). Further the battery has been dying quite rapidly. For example, today my usage is 3 hours and 7 minutes and its at 28 percent. I went to work to finish some things for 4 hours and did not touch the phone. I only used it to stream music via bluetooth while driving for about half an hour and also browsing/texting after work.I know what most of you will say (bring it in to Apple) which I already plan to do this weekend. So this thread isn't to ask for a fix (your welcome to drop tips if you want ) I just want to know if its happened to anyone else with the 6+? It used to be a beast but now it can't last me half a day!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No. Battery life with "my" iPhone 6 Plus, is great. You may have installed a rogue/corrupted app. Uninstall the app that coincides with the time you started noticing battery issues.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
No. Battery life with "my" iPhone 6 Plus, is great. You may have installed a rogue/corrupted app. Uninstall the app that coincides with the time you started noticing battery issues.

I will give that a try. Do you think it will show up in settings under usage? I've added some great photography apps in the last couple of weeks so hopefully it isn't them.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine's been in the dumper ever since I discovered Trivia Crack. :rotfl:

But seriously, no issues for me, either. Still as rock solid as it's ever been.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I will give that a try. Do you think it will show up in settings under usage? I've added some great photography apps in the last couple of weeks so hopefully it isn't them.

It's possible, but I can't say for certain. The last rogue app I had installed that causes battery drain was the USPS app. It also wasn't optimized for the 6 and 6 Plus. As soon as I deleted the app, my battery life went back to normal.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
It's possible, but I can't say for certain. The last rogue app I had installed that causes battery drain was the USPS app. It also wasn't optimized for the 6 and 6 Plus. As soon as I deleted the app, my battery life went back to normal.

Okay i'll try to delete some apps one by one. I've already deleted a couple.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I've been noticing a battery drain for the past 2 days...in my case I suspect it's the Twitter app update.

I actually signed up for twitter around the same time as I've noticed the drain. You may have the answer for me lol. I'm gonna delete it and see what happens. Did you use an alternative now?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
No unusual battery drain for me. 8 hours usage 13 hours standby in at 17%.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nicolas_m

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
I actually signed up for twitter around the same time as I've noticed the drain. You may have the answer for me lol. I'm gonna delete it and see what happens. Did you use an alternative now?

Yes I've just switched to Tweetbot. We'll see in the coming days if my battery life is back!

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
No unusual battery drain for me. 8 hours usage 13 hours standby in at 17%.

I can't get it past 3 hours usage! I used to have about 8 hours as well but then it went downhill.

Anyway I deleted the twitter app but it still kind of gets warm while I use it regularly. After posting this I charged it to 100 and after 2 hours 29 minutes usage (3 hours 9 minutes standby) its at 53% with messages taking up 20% of battery.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I can't get it past 3 hours usage! I used to have about 8 hours as well but then it went downhill.

Anyway I deleted the twitter app but it still kind of gets warm while I use it regularly. After posting this I charged it to 100 and after 2 hours 29 minutes usage (3 hours 9 minutes standby) its at 53% with messages taking up 20% of battery.

Maybe try a restore as new and not from a backup.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Today its at 19% after unplugging at 9am. I used it for texting, music, and fipboard only. Tomorrow is my appointment so I'll get it replaced. So sad that i'll lose my jailbreak but I guess I have to because it runs super hot. I can literally feel the heat through my thick protection case.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Today its at 19% after unplugging at 9am. I used it for texting, music, and fipboard only. Tomorrow is my appointment so I'll get it replaced. So sad that i'll lose my jailbreak but I guess I have to because it runs super hot. I can literally feel the heat through my thick protection case.

Is there perhaps a jailbreak tweak that might be causing it? It's very possible.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Ohh you're Jailbroken? You should try it stock to see if it resolves the battery issue. You never know what a JB tweak or app maybe doing.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Is there perhaps a jailbreak tweak that might be causing it? It's very possible.

Ohh you're Jailbroken? You should try it stock to see if it resolves the battery issue. You never know what a JB tweak or app maybe doing.

I just had hope because it seemed out of the blue. I haven't installed a tweak since early Feb. But maybe my interactions with a certain tweak caused it to drain my battery. I reset all settings (not content) and deleted tons of tweaks to see if there's a difference. If I don't notice a difference I'll go completely stock. Thanks for the tips!

Oh and there was a process called locationd that's been my number one battery killer.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
To each his own on Jailbreaking. I did it when I had a 4S. I just spent too much time figuring out what wasn't working with what and constant re-springs.