iPhone 6 Plus bent.... Now what?

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Nobody is forcing you to stay in our "sewing circle"...the beauty of a forum like this. In the same fashion you suggested people don't click on threads they are tired of reading, I suggest you move past posts you're tired of reading as well...you know, taking some of your own medicine so to speak.

The problem here is that week in and week out we have someone somewhere that complains about the bending of an iPhone. Now to be honest, OP has been rather civil and very understanding of the responses here, so all in all, there's really no issue with him at all...but you little forum heroes that try and show up to "fight for justice" are so absolutely hilarious in retrospect.

This is a smart phone that is large in size that has a metal chassis that can bend under certain circumstances...in the same way the hood on my car is made of metal and will bend under certain circumstances. If I sat on my hood and it bent, should I complain to the manufacturer that the car should have been made better? They'd laugh all the way to the door as it shut in my face...and for good reason, because the hood bent due to my activities, not because it is a malleable item in certain situations.

Apple just happens to be an amazing customer service focused company so they strive to make people happy, even if it costs them a buck...thank god for that because it makes getting service on our devices very easy.

Yet for some reason the lot of you here with your forum hero capes on want people to just sit back and say "Oh man! That sucks! Apple should do better!" What's next? People dropping their phones and your crew demanding the same kind of response? What about throwing it into the ocean? "OH man! Apple should have known!"

Give me a break.
While you do make some valid points, your analogy of the car hood is pretty far off. A car hood is not usually used as a seat. and if it is you should know that with a very large very thin piece of sheet metal, and load centered in a small area will cause damage. the phone on the other hand, well, lets assume that any manufacturer knows that they are regulated to the back pocket for storage most of the time. Knowing this, perhaps some forethought would go into the design so that this would be less of a problem. We can also assume that it is a fairly common occurrence because news stations and other media would not bring it up if just one or two people complained about it.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I'll just leave this here.

My recent experience is with a bent iPhone 6 Plus. My phone bent on the on-off button, Opposite from every other phone I've heard tell of. Yes I probably sat on it or some how horribly abused it. And yes I probably have a fat *** (34' waist 6' 1" 190 lb.) Did I get GREAT customer service? NO. Do I get the feeling that every store manager lives and dies by how often he says NO? Yes I think they are under strict orders to push replacements off on AppleCare and why not? I'd only have too pay a "small" deductible (of which you get 2 over the life of the policy.

It would be nice if Apple would treat me to a new phone, but it aint happening. And they really don't have any f**ks to give because, F**K YOU. We're Apple. (I guess I inhabit a parallel universe where Apple has morphed into a tax dodging arrogant collection of assholes.)

So you bent your iPhone, and Apple are the bad guys? Nice logic there buddy!

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
While you do make some valid points, your analogy of the car hood is pretty far off. A car hood is not usually used as a seat. and if it is you should know that with a very large very thin piece of sheet metal, and load centered in a small area will cause damage. the phone on the other hand, well, lets assume that any manufacturer knows that they are regulated to the back pocket for storage most of the time. Knowing this, perhaps some forethought would go into the design so that this would be less of a problem. We can also assume that it is a fairly common occurrence because news stations and other media would not bring it up if just one or two people complained about it.

So you say my car hood analogy is far off, but you've yet to explain why it is...you simply said it should be obvious that a car hood is going to be damaged if you sit on it...how is this different than an iPhone? You said that people don't usually use a car hood as a seat, but I've sat on my Jeeps hood 100% more times than I have my iPhone.

Regarding the last part of your post...news stations and media make their living off viewers, and what better way to gain viewership than to put sensationalistic reports about a company that is very much in the eyes of everyone 2-3 times per year like Apple. Has nothing to do with truth or frequency of the issue, it has to do with viewerships and ratings. This is why you don't see very many reports about how police are doing their job well or how planes fly normally most of the time...nope, you only see when cops do something wrong or when a plane crashes.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah someone took some pissy pills today lol.

My son damaged his phone a few weeks back by dropping it. There was also another issue with it turning off. I have apple care on all my devices. They replaced it for me free of charge even though I had the apple care. So if you get bad service then complain because this has never been my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
And please don't think that response was targeted at you...it wasn't, at all. It was targeted at those who are quick to pull the trigger on the "Apple should have done better" response, which we see in almost every thread about iPhones bending. People quick to look for a place to point a finger while also throwing logic to the wind...the kind of responses that make these threads derail into bickering unfortunately, and it happens EVERY...SINGLE...TIME.

Thats just human nature. Lighten up! You spend good money on something and then thru what most would consider normal use with no abuse you find that it has been damaged. Then you hear that you are not the only one with damage so naturally you would think that improvements could be done so that the damage, whatever it may, be wouldn't happen on future models.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Thats just human nature. Lighten up! You spend good money on something and then thru what most would consider normal use with no abuse you find that it has been damaged. Then you hear that you are not the only one with damage so naturally you would think that improvements could be done so that the damage, whatever it may, be wouldn't happen on future models.

Listen...I'm going to guess you're just trying to stir up the pot again because you're now quoting comments that are almost 3 months old. I'm not interested in having this argument anymore...it's a dead horse that has been beaten into a fine powder at this point. The bottom line is that Apple, in the effort to keep their consumer satisfaction rating above all of the competition, is replacing the devices most times regardless of how they were bent...and consumers are getting what they want regardless of their own actions that may have caused the damage to their device.

Is it the right thing to do? Not at all...99% of the people who have bent iPhones did it themselves and should have to pay for the damage in the same way they would if they dropped it on concrete and shattered the screen.

Does that matter to Apple? Not at all. They sell so many products they can afford to satisfy even the most negligent consumer if it means they'll come back next year for the next generation iPhone (or other Apple product).

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Listen...I'm going to guess you're just trying to stir up the pot again because you're now quoting comments that are almost 3 months old. I'm not interested in having this argument anymore...it's a dead horse that has been beaten into a fine powder at this point. The bottom line is that Apple, in the effort to keep their consumer satisfaction rating above all of the competition, is replacing the devices most times regardless of how they were bent...and consumers are getting what they want regardless of their own actions that may have caused the damage to their device.

Is it the right thing to do? Not at all...99% of the people who have bent iPhones did it themselves and should have to pay for the damage in the same way they would if they dropped it on concrete and shattered the screen.

Does that matter to Apple? Not at all. They sell so many products they can afford to satisfy even the most negligent consumer if it means they'll come back next year for the next generation iPhone (or other Apple product).
Why do you get your panties in such a twist? This had nothing to do with CS, nothing to do with fault, nothing to do with 99% of anything, nothing to do with Apples profit and loss,and nothing to do with who is right and who is wrong. It was a simple statement in the way that all things evolve. when you see something like this come to light and it was never an issue before then maybe, just maybe you want to look at a design mod. between the iP3 and the iP6 you had a phone that was basically a box frame. an extremely strong simple light weight structure and there was never any word of a bending issue. This new design with rounded edges is not as strong. That's not even an opinion. It's a fact. Since you're not interested in having this argument move along young Jedi These are not the iPhone's you're looking for. LOL or take a Valium.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
lol...you're lecturing me about debating this yet you were the one digging up posts from MONTHS ago just to start the argument again? Do you not see the irony in that?

And I don't think you really understand why this (and other phones of similar size) bend...it really has nothing to do with the "rounded edges"...go do the research if you want to, the rest of us all read up on it when this discussion was still fresh back in 2014, and then when it resurfaced for the umpteenth time earlier this year...you're late to the train buddy, you'll have to go do your own digging around.

Or don't, and continue pretending like this is some kind of design flaw, lol. I really don't care, I just keep retorting because it's humorous that you'd come in here telling me to lighten up and take a valium when you were in fact the one that decided to kick up this dead horse again (just to argue it seems, lol).

I mean at the very least keep up with the forum if you want to throw jabs like this...it will, at the very least, not be so boring and redundant (well...it might be redundant, your comments seem to indicate that is a very strong possibility).

P.S. - Since you were late to the train, it might behoove you to look up the "bend gate" complaint threads on the Apple website forums starting back in 2012 when the iPhone 5 came out (you know, that one you were clamoring on about how extremely strong and light weight it was, lol).

xtremeled

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
lol...you're lecturing me about debating this yet you were the one digging up posts from MONTHS ago just to start the argument again? Do you not see the irony in that?

And I don't think you really understand why this (and other phones of similar size) bend...it really has nothing to do with the "rounded edges"...go do the research if you want to, the rest of us all read up on it when this discussion was still fresh back in 2014, and then when it resurfaced for the umpteenth time earlier this year...you're late to the train buddy, you'll have to go do your own digging around.

Or don't, and continue pretending like this is some kind of design flaw, lol. I really don't care, I just keep retorting because it's humorous that you'd come in here telling me to lighten up and take a valium when you were in fact the one that decided to kick up this dead horse again (just to argue it seems, lol).

I mean at the very least keep up with the forum if you want to throw jabs like this...it will, at the very least, not be so boring and redundant (well...it might be redundant, your comments seem to indicate that is a very strong possibility).

P.S. - Since you were late to the train, it might behoove you to look up the "bend gate" complaint threads on the Apple website forums starting back in 2012 when the iPhone 5 came out (you know, that one you were clamoring on about how extremely strong and light weight it was, lol).

Ha ha ha I didnt go digging this up. This thread showed on "Todays Posts" Who is "Clamoring? I thought you were leaving? You know, the whole dead horse and dust thing. Now you just have me taking little jabs at you so I can watch you do a verbal meltdown. Your like a 5 yr old who always wants to get the last word even after he says "I quit"! Dude, quit or dont quit. I never mentioned a design flaw just that a mod in the next model might be in order. I imagine if the Apple gods came out and said they were doing this you would be right at the front claiming they came up with a great idea. You love to argue and I think that's great. I like to jab at people who who go off the rails just to see if they will go off the rails with a jab similar to Mayweathers last week. I found this thread interesting when it came up in today's posts. I didn't see anything about the 4 or 5 and since the design was radically different I didn't bother to look further. doesn't change one thing when it comes to strength and that is, A box frame is stronger than a rounded edge. So, Let me make this perfectly clear so even you will understand, I never mentioned a design flaw. Did you get it this time. I anxiously wait your next derailment. LOL.. On stirring the pot, Feel free to jump into the **** bowl i just left for you. Have at it. I'm sure that in the morning this thread will again be in"Todays Posts"

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Where did I say I quit? I said I wasn't interested in arguing about the "bend gate" ordeal, which I'm still not doing...you're wrong, so there's really not any argument to be had.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Just noticed mine was very slightly bent after taking it outta my Otterbox. I bent it back into place so I guess it's cool. As September said, I also believe it's some of these cases bending these phones.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
No bends/warps for my 6Plus yet. I'm very careful, maybe more than I should be.

You can never be too careful, you just can't be. I haven't noticed any bends in my 6+ either. My thought on this whole bendy thing is that my iPhone 6+ shouldn't be notably more susceptible to bending than my Note 4, NeXuS 6, or S5. Unfortunately, however, I think it is and I think I may need to be more careful with it than my other devices. Not good considering it cost notably more. I think the "S" announced this Fall will be quietly made stronger.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
You can never be too careful, you just can't be. I haven't noticed any bends in my 6+ either. My thought on this whole bendy thing is that my iPhone 6+ shouldn't be notably more susceptible to bending than my Note 4, NeXuS 6, or S5. Unfortunately, however, I think it is and I think I may need to be more careful with it than my other devices. Not good considering it cost notably more. I think the "S" announced this Fall will be quietly made stronger.

Rumor has it that the the 6s/6s Plus will have a stronger grade of aluminium for the frame

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2