iPhone 6 Plus bent.... Now what?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I think bending is something that is going to happen to certain users no matter how hard they try to take care of their device. Would I be surprised if I end up with a slightly bent phone? No. I wouldn't be concerned about replacing it until it interfered with the use of my device. I'll swap it out before my warranty is up if I end up with a bend. I take excellent care of my phone so I know that I do nothing to intentionally bend it.

My thoughts too and I have the slightest bend. Not bothering with exchanging now.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I find it suprising that you are an ambassador. There seems to be no sense of community here. OP could have made a thread on AC and received actual advice. All of you who were upset with his OP need to eat an 1/8 of mushrooms and sit in a dark room.

What's stopping you from staying over at AC then? Our "lack of community" community surely wouldn't mind at all if you decided to do that.

mountainman

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Man I just can't believe this bending thing is real. I thought it was a fluke/bad apples (no pun intended). But enough people here are confirming that their 6+ is ever so slightly bent.

I'm having a hard time believing what I'm reading here. But it I steering me away from getting the 6+. Considering either S6 or iPhone 6+. Maybe I'll consider S6 vs iPhone 6 instead. Really wanted that OIS. Dang.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Man I just can't believe this bending thing is real. I thought it was a fluke/bad apples (no pun intended). But enough people here are confirming that their 6+ is ever so slightly bent.

I'm having a hard time believing what I'm reading here. But it I steering me away from getting the 6+. Considering either S6 or iPhone 6+. Maybe I'll consider S6 vs iPhone 6 instead. Really wanted that OIS. Dang.

You're making a decision based on a handful of reports amongst TONS of other members of this community who have not had any bending issues...which reflects the majority of iPhone 6 Plus owners. I can say that your decision is not based on very much logic...but it is your decision at the end of the day, so if you're one to buy into such things, you should probably avoid EVERY smart phone on the market.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I really think that anyone who weighs their decision on these handful of people reporting this bending thing is better off not buying a 6 Plus. All you're going to do is obsess over it and check the phone constantly to see if it has bended. Just get a 6 and call it a day.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I really think that anyone who weighs their decision on these handful of people reporting this bending thing is better off not buying a 6 Plus. All you're going to do is obsess over it and check the phone constantly to see if it has bended. Just get a 6 and call it a day.

'Nuf said...;)

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

There are enough people here confirming that their phone has no bends.
I'm 4 months in and no bends doesn't that account for something?
I'm doing nothing special to take care of my phone. It's in a case in my front pocket when I'm out.
Usually on a table at home or next to me on a sofa.
Out of all the Plus users on this forum I can recall 4 or 5 reporting a bend. What about hundreds or thousands that have no bend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site

I purchased a square level with my 6 plus cause I can check it every twenty or so minutes to see if I'm haunted by bendgate

Sent from my  iPhone 6 Plus

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Any big phone with the right amount of pressure is prone to bending especially aluminum. It's just common sense. What happened to me was my fault. It could have been avoided. With that said, I wouldn't trade my 6+ for any other phone. If your worried, use a plastic phone.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
06682a19eb24999c9b7b82fb7b3fef97.jpg

These phones are garbage too. Apparently if you apply enough force to the frame they bend. And I thought this was an exclusive Apple issue. Geez

Sent from my  iPhone 6 Plus

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Any big phone with the right amount of pressure is prone to bending especially aluminum. It's just common sense. What happened to me was my fault. It could have been avoided. With that said, I wouldn't trade my 6+ for any other phone. If your worried, use a plastic phone.

I don't understand why people make such a big deal when Apple has this "issue" yet all of the other phones out there that do go unnoticed. I get that Apple is the company everyone wants to hate, but they didn't make a flawed device. It is the material itself that causes the problem and for most users they will not see their phone bend.

jakdillard

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Helen picks up her bent iPhone and she looks at the giant robot sent to destroy Earth and she yells "Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!" The robot picks her up, carries her to an Apple Store where her iPhone is swapped out and Earth is saved.

will cotto

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Well check dis one day I noticed my iPhone 6 plus was bent and to this date I still don't know how it happened bcuz my phone is always in and otterbox but I brought it to Apple and it was replaced with no problem ...APPLE CARE IS THE BEST ..even if u don't get the extended warranty..trust me you are good..that's why the devices cost so much..u actually have somewhere to go to get it fixed use that option

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why people make such a big deal when Apple has this "issue" yet all of the other phones out there that do go unnoticed. I get that Apple is the company everyone wants to hate, but they didn't make a flawed device. It is the material itself that causes the problem and for most users they will not see their phone bend.

Apple could have used another material or reinforced the frame. Apple knew what happens to the material and how it's not super strong.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
People need to be more careful and/or take responsibility for their own actions.

iPhone bent? Go to the Apple store or STFU about it.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I will always liken this bend thing to dropping your phone. Why don't people blame Apple when their screen cracks after dropping their iPhone on concrete? Because it is YOUR fault it fell. Its simple physics..a lot of phones can bend if the right amount of pressure is applied. My 6+ is as straight as the day I bought it.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Have a bad day? Lol

Lol... I'm just sick of these <whatever>gate conspiracies. People need to stop feeling entitled and start taking care of their high priced electronics. It's like when the glass-backed iPhone 4 came out and people dropped and cracked them and somehow blamed Apple.

cubino

Mar 18, 2015
Visit site
I have never seen a bent smartphone until I saw my brother in law's new Iphone 6+ bent after 3 weeks. It looks exactly like the one the photo only it was bent a bit more. He is an IT expert looking after his stuff - I could not believe it. This is not the first time Apple has put form over function in the sacred name of nice design. For example removing fans from computers because it's not elegant according to the gospel from St. Steve. Well the computers fried due to the resulting overheating of the CPU or GPU or both. And now with the new Macbook 12" with no fan. The had to put the slowest processor at 1.1 GhZ inside so it doesn't overheat.

To me and every normal thinking person this is a clear flaw in the design of the device. It obviously has a weak spot aroung the volume rocker.

It is also sad to read some of the comments from the Apple cult responding in a very aggresive way and blaming the user - parotting the way Apple Inc. responds to problems with their products in which the customer is always to blame (Iphone 4 antenna problem: "yoǘ're holding it wrong".

On a final note I am removing all Apple products from my household after they removed two of my comments on their support forum. Simply unheard of corporate behaviour.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner