iPhone 6 Plus bent.... Now what?

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Then it's a good thing that I got AppleCare+ on my iPhone 6 Plus. Mine hasn't bent yet but at least I can sleep soundly in the knowledge that if it does happen AppleCare+ will cover it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Then it's a good thing that I got AppleCare+ on my iPhone 6 Plus. Mine hasn't bent yet but at least I can sleep soundly in the knowledge that if it does happen AppleCare+ will cover it.

Apple is covering it regardless... In most cases

Sent from my  iPhone 6 Plus

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I got AppleCare+ the day after I bought the device at an AT&T store. I got it under AT&T Next so I had to buy it at an AT&T store. I figured, what the hell? I wanted to be covered from all angles.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I got AppleCare+ the day after I bought the device at an AT&T store. I got it under AT&T Next so I had to buy it at an AT&T store. I figured, what the hell? I wanted to be covered from all angles.

AppleCare is a great investment regardless yes

Sent from my  iPhone 6 Plus

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

I bought mine on Apple preorder with At&t Next.

Andrawer

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I started with the Palm Pilot many moons ago and have had ALL the large Galaxy Notes and a bunch of others in between....however, my iPhone 6+ I've owned since November was slightly bent/curved.

Of the 20+ smartphones I've owned my wonderful IP+ was the only one that bent. So when people say their phone bent from normal use...I believe em.

So I met with the Genius Bar people and they replaced it no questions asked other than "Do you carry it in your back pocket?". I nicely pointed to 3 of their own Apple employees who had their phone sticking out in their back pocket...got a laugh.
That's why I like being back with Apple...for the most part they have stood by their products in the few instances I've had issues.

IP+ owners simply have to be more careful with this phone...simple fact.

knotsure

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
Yes we have to be careful, and it is really annoying sometimes. I like using my phone without a case. It just looks and feels great. It does bother me a lot having to worry about it, but what am I going to do? The phone kicks so much *** I will deal with it. I do have a few cases, the speck w/grip is my favorite, I like but I still like to roll with no case!!!

jakdillard

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
Yes we have to be careful, and it is really annoying sometimes. I like using my phone without a case. It just looks and feels great. It does bother me a lot having to worry about it, but what am I going to do? The phone kicks so much *** I will deal with it. I do have a few cases, the speck w/grip is my favorite, I like but I still like to roll with no case!!!

Try the spigen air skin it's like lamb skin compared to latex

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I think bending is something that is going to happen to certain users no matter how hard they try to take care of their device. Would I be surprised if I end up with a slightly bent phone? No. I wouldn't be concerned about replacing it until it interfered with the use of my device. I'll swap it out before my warranty is up if I end up with a bend. I take excellent care of my phone so I know that I do nothing to intentionally bend it.

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Good

I understand, but nowhere in your initial post did you take responsibility for bending your iPhone. In fact, you worded it in a manner that gave the impression that it bent on its own because you were super careful with it.

That's easy. Don't do what you did to cause it to bend in the first place AND stop making it seem as if the device is super fragile when it is not. It takes a bit of effort to bend the iPhone 6 Plus, but it, like anything else, is not indestructible.

I find it suprising that you are an ambassador. There seems to be no sense of community here. OP could have made a thread on AC and received actual advice. All of you who were upset with his OP need to eat an 1/8 of mushrooms and sit in a dark room.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I find it suprising that you are an ambassador.
If you were a frequent member, you wouldn't.
There seems to be no sense of community here.
Some people feel that way whereas others do not.
OP could have made a thread on AC and received actual advice. All of you who were upset with his OP need to eat an 1/8 of mushrooms and sit in a dark room.
I or the others was not "upset" with the OP and the OP was not upset with us. May I suggest you re-read the following posts within this thread?

52 thru 56

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
If you were a frequent member, you wouldn't be. Some people feel that way whereas others do not. I or the others was not "upset" with the OP and the OP was not upset with us. May I suggest you re-read the following post within this thread?

52 thru 56

Why couldn't I be an ambassador?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox