iPhone 6 Plus bent.... Now what?

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
There isn't a bending problem. There are people bending their phones, and looking for a scapegoat. IMHO.

I agree it's a human error not a device error. If you don't know how to handle a 6 plus you shouldn't have one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I agree it's a human error not a device error. If you don't know how to handle a 6 plus you shouldn't have one

Well, I don't think you should need to handle a 6+ any differently than any other phablet on the market. Again, I don't think it should be more durable than other phablets but I also don't think it should be any less durable either. I feel like that's a fair expectation.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Well, I don't think you should need to handle a 6+ any differently than any other phablet on the market. Again, I don't think it should be more durable than other phablets but I also don't think it should be any less durable either. I feel like that's a fair expectation.

Agreed but all it takes is one ***** to make a video and the world follows suit.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Agreed but all it takes is one ***** to make a video and the world follows suit.

Yeah, and I know Apple is scrutinized closely but they're one of the leaders, that is expected. If there are reports that the S6 glass is breaking because folks are putting it in their pockets Samsung will get their share.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, and I know Apple is scrutinized closely but they're one of the leaders, that is expected. If there are reports that the S6 glass is breaking because folks are putting it in their pockets Samsung will get their share.

100% agree with you. That's like my experience with the note was terrible, that's not to say I didn't have a lemon but had I went on android central calling the note laggy I would be replied to in the same way as someone coming here and calling the 6 plus a poorly made phone in terms of quality and structure which is totally not the case.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
100% agree with you. That's like my experience with the note was terrible, that's not to say I didn't have a lemon but had I went on android central calling the note laggy I would be replied to in the same way as someone coming here and calling the 6 plus a poorly made phone in terms of quality and structure which is totally not the case.

The iPhone 6+ has this unique feeling in my hand that I like. It's light and thin but I worry about and wish I didn't need to.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone 6+ has this unique feeling in my hand that I like. It's light and thin but I worry about and wish I didn't need to.

You shouldn't need to worry.... I have never seen a phone bend unless the person was a complete moron

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
You shouldn't need to worry.... I have never seen a phone bend unless the person was a complete moron

I have a very slight bend right at the area of my volume buttons. The area that's not well supported and also where most bends seem to happen. I'm pretty careful and keep my phone in a case. I've never sat with the phone in my pockets. Maybe I accidentally bent over to pick something up and left my phone in my pockets. I'm not perfect and I'm guessing that's what happened causing a very slight bend. I know Apple has been covering bending in their warranty for the 6 + and I do have Apple Care + so I know either way I can get it replaced. Because it's not much of a bend and the phone works fine, I won't worry about replacing it until I sell it next fall. I've never bent a phone until now and I've been more careful with the 6+ because of the whole bend gate thing but I obviously I wasn't careful enough. But by your words I guess I'm a complete moron.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

jakdillard

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I have a very slight bend right at the area of my volume buttons. The area that's not well supported and also where most bends seem to happen. I'm pretty careful and keep my phone in a case. I've never sat with the phone in my pockets. Maybe I accidentally bent over to pick something up and left my phone in my pockets. I'm not perfect and I'm guessing that's what happened causing a very slight bend. I know Apple has been covering bending in their warranty for the 6 + and I do have Apple Care + so I know either way I can get it replaced. Because it's not much of a bend and the phone works fine, I won't worry about replacing it until I sell it next fall. I've never bent a phone until now and I've been more careful with the 6+ because of the whole bend gate thing but I obviously I wasn't careful enough. But by your words I guess I'm a complete moron.

No you're not a moron, just a little sensitive. Lol jk take that thing and get it replaced though.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
No you're not a moron, just a little sensitive. Lol jk take that thing and get it replaced though.

No I'm not sensitive. We are not perfect and stuff happens. I'm not even mad about the bend. It's not bad enough that it bothers me. It's just slight. I'm Jailbroken too and don't want to take a chance of getting a device with 8.1.3 so I'd rather keep this. If I ever bend it worse, I'll get it swapped. Or at least I'll get it swapped before I sell it next fall.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
No I'm not sensitive. We are not perfect and stuff happens. I'm not even mad about the bend. It's not bad enough that it bothers me. It's just slight. I'm Jailbroken too and don't want to take a chance of getting a device with 8.1.3 so I'd rather keep this. If I ever bend it worse, I'll get it swapped. Or at least I'll get it swapped before I sell it next fall.

My point was these "morons" that are on YouTube purposely trying to bend the phone. I'm sure there are people that yes make a mistake with their devices and I'm sure there have been plenty of devices from all brands that get accidental damage...... But those guys trying everything in their power to bend a thin phone to the point where the veins are popping out in their foreheads are complete morons. Many people dent their bmw's.... But nobody makes a YouTube video kicking the door in and claiming it to be cheaply made either.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
My point was these "morons" that are on YouTube purposely trying to bend the phone. I'm sure there are people that yes make a mistake with their devices and I'm sure there have been plenty of devices from all brands that get accidental damage...... But those guys trying everything in their power to bend a thin phone to the point where the veins are popping out in their foreheads are complete morons. Many people dent their bmw's.... But nobody makes a YouTube video kicking the door in and claiming it to be cheaply made either.

Yeah I hear you. That's a little different. People just trying to make money on page hits. I never thought it would happen to me knowing that I'm pretty darn careful but I'm an example that a slip up can happen on how careful we can be and it can happen to anybody. This time I just wasn't careful enough.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The thing is, we have to approach newer technology with more caution just like we always have...a tube TV could take a drop but most flat panels can't, a old Nokia brick phone could take some abuse that most newer smart phones cannot, an old Cutlass could take a damn brick wall but you run newer cars into a street sign and they're totaled. It's all relevant.

Apple releases an aluminum chassis smart phone with a large surface area screen. You put it in your pocket and bend over, sit on it or do a jumping jack and you stand the chance of bending the chassis. Did Apple have a flawed design? Nope...they just have a design that can bend (just like several of the competitive phones on the market under certain circumstances).

Nobody in this thread is calling Apple perfect...but at the same time, on the other extreme part of the spectrum, nobody should be saying that Apple made a mistake with this design, because they didn't...it is designed just fine, it just doesn't tolerate some people's day to day activities...and like many of the things I listed above, it comes with progressive design and manufacturing...we demand smaller and lighter and more powerful, but many of us refuse to adapt to the durability changes that come with it. THOSE people are the ones that need to chill out, especially since Apple is readily replacing their phones when they were the reason the phone bent.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
The thing is, we have to approach newer technology with more caution just like we always have...a tube TV could take a drop but most flat panels can't, a old Nokia brick phone could take some abuse that most newer smart phones cannot, an old Cutlass could take a damn brick wall but you run newer cars into a street sign and they're totaled. It's all relevant.

Apple releases an aluminum chassis smart phone with a large surface area screen. You put it in your pocket and bend over, sit on it or do a jumping jack and you stand the chance of bending the chassis. Did Apple have a flawed design? Nope...they just have a design that can bend (just like several of the competitive phones on the market under certain circumstances).

Nobody in this thread is calling Apple perfect...but at the same time, on the other extreme part of the spectrum, nobody should be saying that Apple made a mistake with this design, because they didn't...it is designed just fine, it just doesn't tolerate some people's day to day activities...and like many of the things I listed above, it comes with progressive design and manufacturing...we demand smaller and lighter and more powerful, but many of us refuse to adapt to the durability changes that come with it. THOSE people are the ones that need to chill out, especially since Apple is readily replacing their phones when they were the reason the phone bent.

Exactly. Apple is not perfect. A longer phone that aluminum is more prone to a bend. It's just common sense. That's why I don't blame Apple. Whatever reason caused the very slight bend, I did it. As careful as I try to be. This is one reason I purchase AC+ knowing that I'm not perfect. I love the design of the phone. It's so slight I won't waste my time replacing it. You have to look closely to even notice it. Either way, I wouldn't trade my 6+ for a 6 which is less prone to bending nor would I trade it for any other phone on the market. I love my 6+.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Very true.
I mentioned on one of these bend threads that I stop carrying a wallet in my back pocket because of all the crazy crap in my wallet my CC and bank cards were getting bent and starting to split.
The design of the cards are not flawed how I was carrying them was by putting too much pressure on them.
I just try to be aware of any pressure I'm putting on my 6 Plus. It was the same when I had my 5S.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Oh and just a FYI, I first noticed the bend about 6 weeks ago. I've just never said anything because I'm not a complainer. If it was a real issue to me, I would have gone to Genius Bar. Just with all of these bend threads lately, I decided to talk about my experience and that stuff happens to those who try and be careful.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Exactly. Apple is not perfect. A longer phone that aluminum is more prone to a bend. It's just common sense. That's why I don't blame Apple. Whatever reason caused the very slight bend, I did it. As careful as I try to be. This is one reason I purchase AC+ knowing that I'm not perfect. I love the design of the phone. It's so slight I won't waste my time replacing it. You have to look closely to even notice it. Either way, I wouldn't trade my 6+ for a 6 which is less prone to bending nor would I trade it for any other phone on the market. I love my 6+.

And please don't think that response was targeted at you...it wasn't, at all. It was targeted at those who are quick to pull the trigger on the "Apple should have done better" response, which we see in almost every thread about iPhones bending. People quick to look for a place to point a finger while also throwing logic to the wind...the kind of responses that make these threads derail into bickering unfortunately, and it happens EVERY...SINGLE...TIME.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal