iPhone 6 Plus bent.... Now what?

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I'm somewhat of a big guy...6'2, 195. Never sat on my phone, but if I did I imagine it would result in a more of a bend than the pic I posted

Can you recall any situations where there may have been stress on the phone?
I don't wear skinny jeans but sometimes I'm conscious of how my phone is in my pocket. Front pocket never back pocket. I've never put a phone on my back pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Y'all are thick in the magic. I get liking a device. But the defense of clear issues that could use improvement is unfortunate.

Posted via the iMore App for Android

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Y'all are thick in the magic. I get liking a device. But the defense of clear issues that could use improvement is unfortunate.

You must have skipped over my post of bent Android Phones. Including a swelling Nexus 6.
I guess they need improvements also.
"Thick in magic" WTF!!

jakdillard

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
You must have skipped over my post of bent Android Phones. Including a swelling Nexus 6.
"Thick in magic" WTF!!

You bent those phones with the magic that you're thick in

pappy53

Banned
Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Taking responsibility for bending your iPhone? This thread should be joined with the "I don't want anything thicker to add to battery life thread." Can anyone here name me another phone in the history of phones with a bending problem?

Troll on, 'bro.

adrianeddington

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Can you recall any situations where there may have been stress on the phone?
I don't wear skinny jeans but sometimes I'm conscious of how my phone is in my pocket. Front pocket never back pocket. I've never put a phone on my back pocket.

That's what I've been doing, but nothing stands out at the moment. I do keep the phone in my front pocket quite often, and I'm somewhat of a big guy so carrying it around that may qualify as "excessive force"...but at the same time it shouldn't, if that makes sense

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Taking responsibility for bending your iPhone? This thread should be joined with the "I don't want anything thicker to add to battery life thread." Can anyone here name me another phone in the history of phones with a bending problem?

Let's just say there is a "bending problem" and we admit to there being a bending problem; will that make you feel better? Will you finally go away?

You come here to discuss why you think the iPhone should be thicker as if it would make a difference in you actually owning one. Wtf do you care that people wouldn't want a thicker and heavier phone?

Now you get upset because someone actually questioned why someone wouldn't take responsibility for damaging their own phone? What's wrong with you, man?

boovish

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Well sometimes if your just like leaning over a counter. I'm 6'1", and I sometimes forget about my phone in my pocket when leaning on a counter to reach something, or get a better look at it

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I know it can be frustrating that these expensive devices can bend but aluminium (as Johny Ive might say) does in fact bend. I'm hopeful that mine won't. I think I'm careful with it and it's in a Tech 21 with Zagg tempered glass (I really DO care). ...just have to keep my fingers crossed that it'll last at least a year without bending in normal use.

That said, I hope in the next iteration Apple uses some type of internal bracing to lessen the likelihood that bending can happen. I'd gladly accept a few more ounces or a slightly thicker phone for it as the featherweight and extreme thinness are not what attracted me to the 6+ anyways.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I used the phrase "long story short" because I didn't feel like typing out along detailed response on my phone. I didn't include anything about responsibility because I assumed that's a given right? The moment I left the store with the phone in my possession, I'm responsible for everything that happens to it last that point. If that's how some people interpret my initial post, then perhaps in the future I'll make sure to include as much details as possible...no problem.

As far as the phone being super fragile, I can only speak from experience the same way that everyone does. Those aren't my words, but I have experienced a situation where I have damaged my device unintentionally. I have taken preventive measures to keep it safe like keeping the phone in a case, I carry it around in my pocket while walking, I take it out of my pocket while sitting, things like that. Maybe carrying it a certain why is the problem, maybe it's the leather case as opposed to the Otterbox that's the issue...I honestly don't know, but this is what I'm currently trying to figure out. I chose to share my story because maybe someone else has have had similar experiences which I can learn from.

Well stated, and I understand.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site

This POS phone seems to have some pretty rough issues, including bending and a screen 'held' on with tape.

72432d1417168388-being-first-isn-t-point-being-best-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417168388.118209.jpg

72433d1417168768-being-first-isn-t-point-being-best-imageuploadedbytapatalk1417168768.530274.jpg

Last edited:

grover5

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
"Thick in magic" WTF!!

I didn't skip over your posts. I also didn't defend those instances suggesting the user take responsibility. If you have a nexus 6 with a swelled back then return it and tell Motorola they need to do better. That's how it works. Don't blindly defend the corporation that sold you a faulty device. That was my point.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I didn't skip over your posts. I also didn't defend those instances suggesting the user take responsibility. If you have a nexus 6 with a swelled back then return it and tell Motorola they need to do better. That's how it works. Don't blindly defend the corporation that sold you a faulty device. That was my point.

Therein lies the problem. If something gets damaged not on its own, it is not faulty. Heck, by your rationale, it's Frito-Lay's fault if one of the individual chips gets broken after you've opened the bag. You seem so quick to turn this into an iMore's-defense-of-anything-Apple to the point where you've missed the obvious -- the OP, although unintentionally, bent his own phone. He did an awesome job explaining the situation in detail in a subsequent post of which was lacking in post #1, and as far as I'm concerned, he's vindicated. We are not blindly defending a corporation, but you are blindly assuming that we are.

Last edited:

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

No one is blindly defending any corporation.
My point was that anything any phone will bend or break.
You said iPhone has a bending problem. It doesn't. It will bend like anything else and like many other phones that will bend if pressure is applied.

You said name another phone in history that has bending problem. I gave you 4 examples of phones that have bent or even swelled.

http://phandroid.com/2014/12/30/sony-xperia-z3-bendgate/

Last edited:

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Why does everyone jump on someone and try breaking down the meaning behind every word to find some fault in their logic on here? This is like a damn sewing circle sometimes. If someone is having a problem with their phone they are having a problem and sometimes sign up for their first time ever to a forum looking for help or advice. if you're tired of reading the same posts don't click on it. I personally come to forums because a lot of times people have some good stuff to say but I must point out that the imore forums have about the most bitter and defensive group of people I have ever seen.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Why does everyone jump on someone and try breaking down the meaning behind every word to find some fault in their logic on here? This is like a damn sewing circle sometimes. If someone is having a problem with their phone they are having a problem and sometimes sign up for their first time ever to a forum looking for help or advice. if you're tired of reading the same posts don't click on it. I personally come to forums because a lot of times people have some good stuff to say but I must point out that the imore forums have about the most bitter and defensive group of people I have ever seen.

I've indeed felt that way myself in the past. I just try not to add to that perception.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

I agree 100%. People come hear and post a issues and members hammer them. It's not a great way to greet a member that is new or doesn't post often. Great point made.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox