Female and the iPhone 6 Plus!

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Good day everyone! So I?m going to be receiving a new iphone 6 tomorrow. Yay! :) I?m upgrading from the 5. After doing some homework and watching some youtube reviews, I?ve learned that there are woman out there who use it and love it! I was surprised to see that! The size was sort of freaking me out but after reviewing the videos, I'm thinking I'm going to trade the 6 for the 6+. I think it looks beautiful and it will be much better on my 40 year old eyes! :p Along with that, the 6 is not THAT much bigger than my 5 and if I'm going to upgrade why not REALLY upgrade, right? ;) I will have 14 days to return it once I receive it if I find that it's not for me, which is kind of nice, although I?m thinking I?m going to love it! :heart:

I'm thinking I'll most likely really need the 64gb as I like to have lots of pictures, few videos, use it for social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, Snapchat), iTunes, work email, some fun photo editing apps and prefer to not have to continuously manage the thing. Just an FYI...I have 16gb on my 5, just recently deleted a ton of photos and videos and have 1.5 gb left. Not much, huh?

With that said:

• How many of you have gotten a 6 and wished they had the 6+? Or vice versa?
  • Will 16gb definitely not be enough on the 6+?
  • How many women on here are using it and loving it?
  • Also, I've read in reviews that because of the larger screen size that some sites and pictures seem blurry because they are expanded so much in size? Is that true?

Thanks in advance for your input! Love this forum! :heart:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! Is there anywhere that talks about sites and pictures seeming blurry because of the size?

Not that I'm aware of. I'm not a woman, but I do have an iPhone 6 Plus, and as I've stated in a previous thread, the only time the 6 Plus seemed ginormous was when I saw it in person for the first time. I briefly considered getting the iPhone 6 instead. Thankfully, I didn't. This device just seems normal to me and its forgiving on my eyes. Blurriness? Not with my 6 Plus.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I was working with 2 females this weekend one with 6 Plus and one with a 6. They both came from a 5S. Both say their respective phones are perfect for them.
I think it's better to try a 6 Plus first at least in a store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jessica_lynn9474

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
Great! Thanks so much for the quick replies! As soon as I get my 6 tomorrow, I'm heading to Verizon and paying the difference to upgrade to the 6+ 64gb in GOLD! I've always had silver and white and I think the gold just looks classy!

Super exicted!

Thanks for all of your help! Much appreciated!:)

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
You love it lady. I alway seen lot of woman, young lady and teen using. And most like to use it naked or with a clear case. And they love to carry it on their hand while moving.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
In the San Francisco Bay Area where I am located, I see plenty of women using the 6 Plus. In fact, I think I have seen more women using the Plus here than men lol.

I am not a woman, but I do have a 6 Plus and for me and my needs, its the perfect size. As iEd posted, its probably best you head to an Apple store or carrier store to see and hold it in person to get a real feel of it.

Lesawags

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
That's what pushed me to the 6 plus, seeing it in best buy. I had preordered the 6 plus and after reading about how big it was, went to see the 6 next to the 6 plus. I thought the 6 ( at first glance) in best buy was a 5s, the size jump from the 5s to the 6 seemed a minimal upgrade. IMO The 6 was easier on the hand at first, but after using the 6+ a couple of days, even 1 handed use seemed less tricky. . You will not go wrong with either phone. Enjoy

leannelizabeth1

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm a woman with a 6 Plus. I've always wanted an iPhone with a bigger screen so it is perfect for me! I also bought a wallet to put it in, along with cards and cash. It works perfectly for me!

metalchick719

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't have an iPhone 6 (just got a 5S though), but I don't think it's that odd for women to own the iPhone 6 Plus. I know one woman who has one. She works at a store a couple of blocks away from me. When I went shopping there sometime last month, I noticed her using a gold 6 Plus behind the counter when I went to pay. I instantly asked her about the phone and how she liked it. She told me she went up from the iPhone 5 and didn't think the 6 was that much bigger, so she went with the 6 Plus. Also, I've seen many women with Galaxy Notes, so the 6 Plus isn't such a far fetched device for women who love iPhones!

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a 6 plus and have never heard of that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigger phones make it harder to take photos that lack motion blur. It's a common issue with people going from smaller to bigger phones.

The Galaxy S4 took great pictures, and people who went the Note 3 had a lot of trouble taking pictures without motion blur because the bigger phone caused movement to have a greater effect on the lens. On an iPhone the effect would be greater due to the placement of the camera lens, but both Apple and Samsung have mitigated this quite a bit by putting OIS in their latest "big phones."

In any case, it's not an iPhone 6 Plus issue, it's a big phone issue. The phones are thin and light and most have on-screen buttons. They are a lot harder to keep stable when holding compared to heavier equipment, and the bigger they get, the harder it becomes to keep them as still as possible when handling them.

And I don't see how the size of a phone has any relation to the gender of the person using, owning, or looking at purchasing it. I know just as many women with that phone as men, and this "discussion" only seems to exist (in my life, at least) on tech forums.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Bigger phones make it harder to take photos that lack motion blur. It's a common issue with people going from smaller to bigger phones.

The Galaxy S4 took great pictures, and people who went the Note 3 had a lot of trouble taking pictures without motion blur because the bigger phone caused movement to have a greater effect on the lens. On an iPhone the effect would be greater due to the placement of the camera lens, but both Apple and Samsung have mitigated this quite a bit by putting OIS in their latest "big phones."

In any case, it's not an iPhone 6 Plus issue, it's a big phone issue. The phones are thin and light and most have on-screen buttons. They are a lot harder to keep stable when holding compared to heavier equipment, and the bigger they get, the harder it becomes to keep them as still as possible when handling them.

And I don't see how the size of a phone has any relation to the gender of the person using, owning, or looking at purchasing it. I know just as many women with that phone as men, and this "discussion" only seems to exist (in my life, at least) on tech forums.

The OP isn't talking about taking pictures they are talking about viewing them.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Then that would make zero sense. Unless the display was really dingy

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

GadgetMomma

May 12, 2009
Visit site
I got a 6 on launch day and loved it but started wishing I had gotten the plus. So for Christmas, my husband used his upgrade to get me the plus and took my 6! I absolutely love it. I definitely won't be able to go back to a smaller phone. It's even to the point that I was helping my husband with something on his 6 the other day, and couldn't get over how small it seemed to me!

I have no problems using it one handed, sliding it into pockets, my purse, etc. I constantly have it with/on me, and never feel like it's an inconvenience or in the way.

In my personal opinion, I think going for the 64GB is definitely a good idea. That's what I have, and it's a relief not to have to monitor my apps/pictures, etc all the time. I know people that have plenty of room with a 16GB, but I wasn't one of them!

I think you'll definitely love having a 6plus! Have fun!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen