Screen Protector or Not?

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I usually do not use screen protectors. However, since the 6 plus is so big is it a good idea to use one on the plus? I've seen articles about the iPhone 6 & plus screens getting scratched easy. Any one have any issues with their 6 plus screen?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't think this has been brought up before but I always use them on all my devices. It's personal preference. Can you live with it it its scratched?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
I usually do not use screen protectors. However, since the 6 plus is so big is it a good idea to use one on the plus? I've seen articles about the iPhone 6 & plus screens getting scratched easy. Any one have any issues with their 6 plus screen?

I had a screen protector on my iPhone 4 - for about a day. It made me crazy. I didn't like the way it felt, and the edges kept catching on my phone case. I removed it and never looked back. I have had every iPhone model made, and with that single exception, have never used a screen protector on any device - phone, tablet or computer.

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I don't think this has been brought up before but I always use them on all my devices. It's personal preference. Can you live with it it its scratched?

Depends on where the scratch is and how big. Middle of the screen would drive me crazy

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
It depends. It's just a extra layer protection from scratches. I always use one.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
It's up to you.... Some people don't like them some do. For the 20.00 a good protector costs why not. Unless you don't like them

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I've pretty much put my 6 Plus through some rough sessions and the screen itself is still fine. Not even a scratch after hitting the pavement face first. Gorilla glass is pretty good on all phones. What you have to watch out for is when you put your phone inside a bag or something. That's what will get you and probably justify using a screen protector. I personally find them hideous.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I had never used a screen protector before having the ZAGG Glass protector to my 6 Plus and to my wife's 6...and I can tell you after seeing the protection if provides to my phone and the fact my wife has gone through TWO of them (saving the screen both times), I will never own a smart phone without one now.

So to your question...get one.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I had never used a screen protector before having the ZAGG Glass protector to my 6 Plus and to my wife's 6...and I can tell you after seeing the protection if provides to my phone and the fact my wife has gone through TWO of them (saving the screen both times), I will never own a smart phone without one now.

I concur ... Zagg Glass is the only way to go ... The hardest part is getting it perfectly straight when lining it up, minute you lay it on, it's self attaching, easiest thing ever to put on, patience lining up lol

Antron

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

I concur ... Zagg Glass is the only way to go ... The hardest part is getting it perfectly straight when lining it up, minute you lay it on, it's self attaching, easiest thing ever to put on, patience lining up lol

I bit the bullet and bought a Zagg glass protector. It is awesome! The Best Buy guy put in on for me. The first time he did it, there was a speck of lint underneath it. He asked if I wanted him to get another one and I said yes. The second one he put on was perfect. I definitely like the glass over the ones.

Thanks.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I bit the bullet and bought a Zagg glass protector. It is awesome! The Best Buy guy put in on for me. The first time he did it, there was a speck of lint underneath it. He asked if I wanted him to get another one and I said yes. The second one he put on was perfect. I definitely like the glass over the ones.

Thanks.

Glad you like it ! If you look on Amazon (non mobile version) you can find them sold BY Amazon for $17.38 and BB has to price match (even after purchase)

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
My wife has the Zagg Glass and I have the HDX on mine. Both are great and I recommend it. I have not used one on every phone but these don't take away from the screen at all so I figure why not protect it.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I'm using a Tech Armor protector. It's taken every bit of strength not to take it off. It's not hideous, but I know how much better the screen looks without it. When I get the money I may get a Zagg Glass instead.

2 hours later edit: took off the screen protector. Too damn gorgeous without it. Still, may get a Zagg or something better quality soon.

Last edited:

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site

Same here, never even gave it a thought, picked up the 6 and gave the Zagg a shot. Will never go with out one again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR