Switched from Android to iPhone

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
For me it had to do a lot with how Apple seems to abuse the legal system with their want to sue everyone. Now that I have the iPhone I'll have to overlook that part of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol...what? Every large smart phone manufacturer was/is suing each other ad nauseam. This is nothing unique to Apple...nor is it an "abuse" of anything related to the legal system as they were simply using the legal system exactly as it was intended to be used.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I guess you and I have different ideas on how the legal system should be used. If you ask me, the legal system should be used only if there is a blatant violation of your patents. If you look at most of what has come out recently you would notice that most if not everything has been built upon something that came before it. That's how innovation is supposed to work.

hearmeoutx

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
2008-2015... Long relationship... I broke up with android as of friday night. My story was a lil different. I worked tech support at TMO and started months before releasing the G1... for the longest time I hated the iPhone... I think it was ingrained in us, since we didn't sell it for years... After Samsung announced the S6 and pretty much copied apple again... I made the plunge... and I couldn't be happier...

That is exactly what it is. Anyone who did not have iPhones available to them on their carrier was against the iPhone. So many of them fell in love with iOS as soon as they gave it a chance. I know that is what the case was for me. I had an iPad long before an iPhone so I knew the OS, but for some reason I still hated the iPhone for a while.

Closingracer

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
lol...what? Every large smart phone manufacturer was/is suing each other ad nauseam. This is nothing unique to Apple...nor is it an "abuse" of anything related to the legal system as they were simply using the legal system exactly as it was intended to be used.

It is abuse imo ....rounded corners really ? Maybe Apple should sue them for making it a rectangle ....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ctt1wbw

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
Well, I switched over from the Note 3 to the iPhone 6 plus, and I did this because as a divorced father, whose kid's moved to another state, and are now in college, I can face time them. They didn't want anything to do with skype. I left behind on my Note 3 a lot of wonderful programs like, Chomp SMS, Aquamail, etc..............I am having a very difficult time finding apps, which are few, none, and cost money. It seems Apple keeps everything in it's purest state, where Android is much more liberal, and allows you to customize. If I could jailbreak this latest version I would go shopping in a heart beat on Cydia, and I would be happy. I have to say I love the brighter screen, and it seems faster than my Note 3.

Don't confuse "customize" to great apps. "Customize" refers to changing the UI aspects and not the aspects of the app itself. You can't "customize" aspects of an email client. For instance.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I have had all the note series phones and love them. I always loved having a bigger screen and still use my note 4 a little bit. The 6 plus is the first iphone i've used on a regular basis since the 4. The apps are what keep me on ios right now. The same apps look better, are smoother, have more function then the same app on my note 4. My gps works better, and everyone talks crap on apples map software but there are many times I can't find an address in google maps and it finds it right away in maps. I'm sold on how smooth the os is. It was a hard first two weeks for me but now every time I use my note I'm trying to double tap for reachability.

anon(9144744)

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I have the Note 3 and just received the IPhone 6 plus as a gift. I've had iPhones before and I still have my ipad 2. I must say that I didn't think I would ever end up back on an iPhone but I am unable to put this thing down. I keep adding more and more of my daily apps on it and it's becoming irresistible as a daily driver possibility. If there was a way I could do my pop up play video on this thing I'd probably put the Galaxy away for awhile. It's my favorite feature to play videos using pop up play whilst reading or even playing games. Wish iPhone would also allow this, I'd be in Heaven. Wonder if anyone knows how this can be done without a jailbreak. Anyhow, I also love downloading torrents directly to my note 3. If iPhone could do these two things without a jailbreak that would be awesome. I will always be in love with the Note series, but this 6 plus is just gorgeous. Love the build and feel of it. Of course I love getting back into all my favorite iPhone Apps again.

Sent From my iPhone 6 plus

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I have the Note 3 and just received the IPhone 6 plus as a gift. I've had iPhones before and I still have my ipad 2. I must say that I didn't think I would ever end up back on an iPhone but I am unable to put this thing down. I keep adding more and more of my daily apps on it and it's becoming irresistible as a daily driver possibility. If there was a way I could do my pop up play video on this thing I'd probably put the Galaxy away for awhile. It's my favorite feature to play videos using pop up play whilst reading or even playing games. Wish iPhone would also allow this, I'd be in Heaven. Wonder if anyone knows how this can be done without a jailbreak. Anyhow, I also love downloading torrents directly to my note 3. If iPhone could do these two things without a jailbreak that would be awesome. I will always be in love with the Note series, but this 6 plus is just gorgeous. Love the build and feel of it. Of course I love getting back into all my favorite iPhone Apps again.

Sent From my iPhone 6 plus

Nothing says that you can't use both phones still.

I bought a 6+, Note 4 and a Note Edge all back in January and have not regretted that at all. The screens on the current Android are top notch and sometimes I wish my 6+ hag the same display. I'm happy that Samsung dud away with the over washed colors because they were just plain bad.

I've used every iPhone since the original and will continue to do so and I will always continue using Androids as well.

I use a Gear S Watch so no matter what phone I bring with me, those who know my phone number that I give out will always get through because it rings through or can text me through my watch through remote connection.

anon(9144744)

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
Yea, I do use both. I guess it's cool. People sometimes look at me like I'm nuts when I'm using one then pull the other one out of my purse to take call or something lol. But I do love both so I guess I will just continue to use both

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Yea, I do use both. I guess it's cool. People sometimes look at me like I'm nuts when I'm using one then pull the other one out of my purse to take call or something lol. But I do love both so I guess I will just continue to use both

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

I just take one phone with me. People at my job ask me how many phones dup I own because I never use the same one two days in a row.

Enjoy your phones. I'm having fun with mine.

jdlnmia

Sep 18, 2014
Visit site
I have both platforms and honestly it looks like the S6/S6 Edge finally solve the lag and ugly design problems. However, that still leaves the **** poor UI. I can't seem to move as fluidly on any Android device as I can on any iPhone.

At least Samsung finally woke up to good design.

jonnaver

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
The quality of Android code seems to be getting progressively worse rather than better and Google has utterly failed in its increased attempts to get new patches distributed in a timely manner. I'll probably be switching to iPhone soon as well.

Bane310

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Like most of you I'm an ex-android junkie , finally got tired of the terrible user experience , now that I have my iPhone 6 plus I couldn't be anymore happy just a great user experience across the board and I have no regrets about dumping android

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
I've had 3 Samsung phones (GS3, Note 2 and Note 3) and 2 Samsung tablets (Note 10.1 and Note Pro 12.2) and while I did not keep the GS3 and Note Pro long enough to see what a software update would do to them, With the Note 2 and 3, everything was fine until the software updates.
Now granted, I also went through the IOS7 debacle with my iPhone 5 and iPad 4, but with all my other iPhones (3GS, 4, 4S, 6 and 6 Plus), the updates have been sleek, smooth and problem free.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site
iOS 8 is quite fine in the iphone 5, what issues did u have with ios 7 on it? :)

Oh man... EVERYTHING, lol.
Sluggish emails, lost notes, messed up calendar, lost contacts, you name it. And at the time, I got no help from Apple so I switched to Android via Samsung.
The honeymoon lasted 4 months, sent me reeling to Blackberry, until I discovered the iPad Air and that put me more at peace with Apple. Then I got the iPhone 6 which I just sold for a 6 Plus, (I needed the larger display) but I really love both phones. Oh and I upgraded to an iPad Air 2, my husband got my iPad Air, and that was an improvement too.
Whatever issues I had with IOS7 is long past, I'm totally rocking IOS8, now. :yes: :biggrin:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77