Some thoughts on the phone after a month

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
The thing is that if it's only this site acting up and there's no other issues, then that's fine. My worry is if this is the first sign of larger issues to come.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
No offense to you personally (and this is not directed at you per se), but that kind of "report" is what creates these silly iPhone "issue" threads where we have to read about how Apple needs to "fix" these problems, which are, a lot of times, not problems at all, but things out of the control of the hardware itself.

Not to mention the OP has a tendency to have singular issues and creates a mountain out of a mole hill in terms of broadcasting such.

All I know is that if I can load the page on safari on my 6 Plus without issue, the hardware and the browser are working exactly as they should...otherwise, EVERYONE would have the same problem, and it would be worthy of a complaint.

Often, people are too quick to jump on the easy explanation instead of looking at deeper or more broad reaching issues...like I mentioned before, this seems more in line with some kind of network issue (wifi or cellular) vs. hardware, because again, if it was a hardware problem, every person would experience the same (or at least remotely similar) actions when doing the same process.

I agree and not to mention the OP quoted that at the Genius Bar "They opened it up and said it didn't look like any internals were broken or disconnected." Now it has been my experience with the Genius Bar that if a software restore (which they can clearly see when or even if you did or didn't ) didn't fix your issue, 99.99999999999% of the time you get a warranty swap right then and there, since more then likely diagnostic would tell them if something is a miss or disconnected and while I'm not trying to flame someone out here but I'm leaning forward calling BS, I've just had too much experience at the Genius Bar since 2009 (and saving people I know trips there with my own  tech support to really believe this is all going on ... Maybe I'm wrong here but I don't believe so (and I loved you said "per se" lmao, I prob overuse that phrase 😆😆) just my 2? worth

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
The thing is that if it's only this site acting up and there's no other issues, then that's fine. My worry is if this is the first sign of larger issues to come.

Dude you worry too much. It's not the first sign of larger issues. You gotta relax or something seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jakdillard

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
I just heard on my local news that starting March 9th Genius Bar appointments will be based on the priority of the matter instead of the first come first serve basis. So I'm thinking Apple sees more people like this all the time.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Remember, not everyone gets the same page with the same content. Web sites have ads on them and it could very well be something in the ad on the page that's making the browser crash. For all we know there could be a rogue ad in the lineup that's attempting to exploit the web browser and instead of being exploited, Safari's rendering engine crashes to prevent device-wide exploitation.

This is a very possible explanation as to what's going on. We see all the time trusted sites being taken over by rouge ads that are spewing forth malware.

I went to the same very XDA Developers page that someone mentioned crashed his Safari, I didn't get a crash.

So this comes back to getting a random crash of Safari, most likely being triggered by something like an ad or other various thing that could quite possibly be trying to exploit the browser's HTML rendering engine.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Alright, I'm gonna go ahead and cancel my Genius Bar appointment. It's only a minor inconvenience and everything else seems fine so far. So I'm just gonna monitor it more and see what future iOS updates fo. If not, at least I still have my warranty I guess.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Alright, I'm gonna go ahead and cancel my Genius Bar appointment. It's only a minor inconvenience and everything else seems fine so far. So I'm just gonna monitor it more and see what future iOS updates fo. If not, at least I still have my warranty I guess.

Dig just use the phone dont get obsessed with Safari crashing or not.
Its a computer with software things can crash ond so on.
Its been 6 years since I've had a Genius appt for a iPhone problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm tryingtoenjoy the phone, but I just don't know if the hardware is defective or not. It could havethatflashstorage issue that happened and I got one with the bad nand flash or something.

I just can't understand why I was getting those crashes on my 6 plus but not my 5S running the same software version.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I agree and not to mention the OP quoted that at the Genius Bar "They opened it up and said it didn't look like any internals were broken or disconnected." Now it has been my experience with the Genius Bar that if a software restore (which they can clearly see when or even if you did or didn't ) didn't fix your issue, 99.99999999999% of the time you get a warranty swap right then and there, since more then likely diagnostic would tell them if something is a miss or disconnected and while I'm not trying to flame someone out here but I'm leaning forward calling BS, I've just had too much experience at the Genius Bar since 2009 (and saving people I know trips there with my own  tech support to really believe this is all going on ... Maybe I'm wrong here but I don't believe so (and I loved you said "per se" lmao, I prob overuse that phrase 😆😆) just my 2? worth

They did the restore and told me to try that out. Obviously since the issues weren't something I can replicate on the fly, I had to use it a bit and see if they cropped up again. He said if it kept happening then they'll look at it from a hardware angle; which makes me think they'd just do a swap.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh