Some thoughts on the phone after a month

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Weird. Very weird. It seriously crashes for me every time. I think this is the only site doing this though. So maybe I'll just not visit it.

But still, I have no clue why mines the only one doing it. I assume that's software and not my iPhone hardware?

I get the there is a problem loading this page message.

da3417a0501dfdcc9b435b47b1cd52fa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I tried using Chrome to access Thurrott and it crashed Chrome three times.

trparky

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Thurrott.com crashed Safari on my iPhone 6 Plus as I was scrolling down the page. So it's not just your iPhone that has the issue with that page.

My best guess is that something on the page is making the HTML rendering engine say "ACK!" and crash. It's not the first time that a web site has crashed a web browser before. I've seen a number of sites kill Firefox.

Other than that, my iPhone has been running great. :)

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't know about that. I guess it's some sort of iOS bug with certain websites.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't about that. I guess it's some sort of iOS bug with certain websites.

But then it should do it on my other iOS devices. Anyway, I scheduled another genius appointment for Thursday. deverything else seems fine though, but there's clearly a issue only this device is having these crash problems

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
No. Just because a bug effects a iPhone doesn't mean it will effect a iPad

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
But then it should do it on my other iOS devices. Anyway, I scheduled another genius appointment for Thursday. deverything else seems fine though, but there's clearly a issue only this device is having these crash problems

Dude are you seeing the post? A few folks are having issues with loading that site.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Dude are you seeing the post? A few folks are having issues with loading that site.

Yeah, your right. I'm gonna see if it does it on my old 5S or not. I don't think any other site was having issues like this, so I guess I should just hope thirsty updates his HTML back end or whatever. Shame because I do like that site.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, your right. I'm gonna see if it does it on my old 5S or not. I don't think any other site was having issues like this, so I guess I should just hope thirsty updates his HTML back end or whatever. Shame because I do like that site.

I've had a few sites do the error thing but it's been a while since it has happened until this site.
I've had it happen on my iPad 2 which has iOS 8.
There have been many iOS updates that fix whatever for a specific device.
I ordered my 6 Plus 64 gig on 10/1/14 and received it 11/11/14

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Thurrott.com crashed Safari on my iPhone 6 Plus as I was scrolling down the page. So it's not just your iPhone that has the issue with that page.

My best guess is that something on the page is making the HTML rendering engine say "ACK!" and crash. It's not the first time that a web site has crashed a web browser before. I've seen a number of sites kill Firefox.

Other than that, my iPhone has been running great. :)

So explain why it would load fine for me since I'm using the same EXACT phone?

Something like that effecting some but not all users would start to point me towards network issues, and not hardware issues.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
How could it be an iOS bug if it only happens to certain people using the same phone and the same browser? Makes no sense.

Well I said I guess it's a iOS bug. I don't know. Whenever I got the page load error I thought it was the site I happened to be on.
It's not affecting my Plus to the point that I'm concerned.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Well I said I guess it's a iOS bug. I don't know. Whenever I got the page load error I thought it was the site I happened to be on.
It's not affecting my Plus to the point that I'm concerned.

No offense to you personally (and this is not directed at you per se), but that kind of "report" is what creates these silly iPhone "issue" threads where we have to read about how Apple needs to "fix" these problems, which are, a lot of times, not problems at all, but things out of the control of the hardware itself.

Not to mention the OP has a tendency to have singular issues and creates a mountain out of a mole hill in terms of broadcasting such.

All I know is that if I can load the page on safari on my 6 Plus without issue, the hardware and the browser are working exactly as they should...otherwise, EVERYONE would have the same problem, and it would be worthy of a complaint.

Often, people are too quick to jump on the easy explanation instead of looking at deeper or more broad reaching issues...like I mentioned before, this seems more in line with some kind of network issue (wifi or cellular) vs. hardware, because again, if it was a hardware problem, every person would experience the same (or at least remotely similar) actions when doing the same process.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro