Hey 6 plus users do you ever feel like it is too big?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: 6 plus users do you ever feel like it is too big

I'm starting to come to the realization that the iPhone 6 Plus is a two handed device. No matter how I try with one hand, sometimes the 'reaching' almost hurts my thumb.

With that, I tend to use my device less, if I don't have both hands available. Although, when typing, I tend to type much faster with both hands now...

It's definitely a 2-handed device in my opinion, but I knew that it would be when I bought it. Can I do certain things with one hand on my iPhone 6 Plus? Of course, I can. However, I'm more comfortable using two hands with it, especially when typing.

burwil

Apr 26, 2015
Visit site

In the Android world big format phones like the Notes and now the Nexus 6 were quickly considered two hand phones shortly after release. Once you've internalized that then it becomes an easier decision as to whether or not you should stick with it. I don't think the double tap of the Plus home button to bring things down adds much utility to the phone. I tried it just to see it work and then moved on. It's not a one handed phone. However for those who think it is too big (as in 'wide') you can mitigate that somewhat by not using a case or using one that doesn't have much heft. I use the ZooGue which is very form fitting and also own the Diztronic.

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site

I almost exclusively use the iPhone 6+ one handed, well unless I'm lying done.
I type using three fingers.
it's actually a lot of fun.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Dukins

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

No, I don't feel like its too big. My last two phones were a Nexus 6 and Note 4. The screen size and weight are just right for the 6+.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com

I'm starting to come to the realization that the iPhone 6 Plus is a two handed device. No matter how I try with one hand, sometimes the 'reaching' almost hurts my thumb.

With that, I tend to use my device less, if I don't have both hands available. Although, when typing, I tend to type much faster with both hands now...

Reachability works for me when one-handing the device.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
You know, I wish the iPhone had more gesture options, like BB10. With that I wouldn't have to use the home button as much and maybe I'd use the 'reachability' option more...

jayk82

Trusted Member
Aug 25, 2013
Visit site

I have the 6 after switching from the 6+, wish I would've stick with the +.

Sent from my  iPhone 6 using Tapatalk

iTechHead

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site

I'm 6'3 with huge hands so its definitely a one handed device for me. Then again I've managed to use a iPad mini on handed lol. But the good thing is they make 2 sizes for those that don't want a phablet.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro