Hey 6 plus users do you ever feel like it is too big?

21stNow

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: 6 plus users do you ever feel like it is too big

No, I knew that the phone was big when I bought it. If I thought that it was too big, I would not have bought it.

OBF

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

I love the display and battery life of my 6 Plus but sometimes I do miss the one handed usability. I know I could've gotten that if I got the 6, but it doesn't have 1080p display and it's battery is even smaller than the similar size of the Galaxy S3 (2100mah).

If the 6 had at least a 2000mah battery I would've gone with that. And getting a mophie case defeats the purpose of keeping the phone slim. I don't really care about slimness but I don't want a huge bulky device either which is why i steer clear of Otterbox cases. But mainly for the battery life I'm sticking with the Plus.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

I love the display and battery life of my 6 Plus but sometimes I do miss the one handed usability. I know I could've gotten that if I got the 6, but it doesn't have 1080p display and it's battery is even smaller than the similar size of the Galaxy S3 (2100mah).

If the 6 had at least a 2000mah battery I would've gone with that. And getting a mophie case defeats the purpose of keeping the phone slim. I don't really care about slimness but I don't want a huge bulky device either which is why i steer clear of Otterbox cases. But mainly for the battery life I'm sticking with the Plus.

Not only is the battery life about double the screen is much better also imo. Along with the camera. OIS makes a difference. I have had the i6 since launch and just got the + about a week ago. Just feels like a much better phone. I6 is almost too thin. I don't understand why apple couldn't of beefed up the battery and the ppi on the i6 along with OIS in the camera. After having a 5.5 inch screen I know I couldn't go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I don't understand why apple couldn't of beefed up the battery and the ppi on the i6 along with OIS in the camera. After having a 5.5 inch screen I know I couldn't go back.

Aside from technical things that I don't really know about I think the main reason is justification of price between the 6 and 6 Plus. From a marketing standpoint maybe they didn't think just under an inch of more screen would justify paying $100 more for people.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

Aside from technical things that I don't really know about I think the main reason is justification of price between the 6 and 6 Plus. From a marketing standpoint maybe they didn't think just under an inch of more screen would justify paying $100 more for people.

True with that said I think the + is worth the extra 100 for what you get. I mean really what's that different from the 5s and 6?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

True with that said I think the + is worth the extra 100 for what you get. I mean really what's that different from the 5s and 6?

Bigger screen with more resolution and a better camera.

anon(73368)

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site

Yeah the PPI is the same. Battery I'm not sure but it definitely doesn't seem that different from the 5S to me.

Yeah seemed a bit better for me when I had the i6. I still had to recharge around 3-4 pm 8 hrs off the charger. As for the 6+ it's at 66% on 8 hrs. I get about double.

BoB16731

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site

I have the note 4 so I'm use to big phones and I have big hands so it feels fine

2ndAmendNut

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site

I love the size of my 6+! I can't imagine downsizing.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

meanllama

Apr 9, 2015
Visit site

My wife decided to go with the 6 while I went with the 6+. It took me a few days to get use to the size, coming back to Apple from a Galaxy s5 (piece of junk), it wasn't horribly bigger than what I was use to. Those coming from a smaller phone size might need more time to get use to it. I have to say, I love the size and usability of the phone. Granted, I am 6'3 with larger hands. My wife, 5'8, absolutely loves the 6. It all comes down to what you do with your phone and the size of your hands.

Evilguppy

Jul 1, 2014
Visit site

My wife decided to go with the 6 while I went with the 6+. It took me a few days to get use to the size, coming back to Apple from a Galaxy s5 (piece of junk), it wasn't horribly bigger than what I was use to. Those coming from a smaller phone size might need more time to get use to it. I have to say, I love the size and usability of the phone. Granted, I am 6'3 with larger hands. My wife, 5'8, absolutely loves the 6. It all comes down to what you do with your phone and the size of your hands.

Very true.
I loved the ease of handling my 6 but when my eyesight rebelled and I got the Plus, I was shocked to see that I can text one handed with it. I'm only 5'6" and I have relatively small palms, but long fingers that are very flexible.
Though, truth be told...
I do love to use it 2 handed and tune out whatever is going on around me and be very clear that I will not welcome interruptions, lol.

Noah Warren

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site

I've had this thing for five months. Everywhere I go, people want to hold it as a "test". It barely fits in my cargo pants when I'm sitting down. But I love the camera. I can deal with holding it with two hands as I text. It makes me feel better about leaving my ipad at home. When I interact with the 5, it feels like a toy. Oddly enough, I can't go back and the battery is slightly better. Not revolutionary. It's basically keeping up. I keep a charger at work, in the car and at home to ensure I'm always "juiced". I've gone back and forth about using this device naked. It feels better without the apple case, but I just don't want to risk it. It's big, but one can get used to anything.