No Fre for 6+?

dkbllb

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I've been waiting for Lifeproof to release their Fre model, but another post indicated they were only going to do the Nuud. I went to their site and although they aren't saying much at all, the only thing I found about upcoming releases mentions the Nuud.

Does anyone know for sure? Will it be the Nuud only? I admit that I wouldn't mind not having their screen cover (makes the touch screen much less sensitive) but I do want some type of screen saver. I'm not sure you can use one with the Nuud.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dkbllb

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I would assume that the folks at Lifeproof would be the best source of information about that.

http://www.lifeproof.com/en/support/knowledge-base/full-contact/

Well doh. I appreciate the nudge and contact info.

I called customer support and was told that they are only putting out the Nuud. It is supposed to come with a separate screen protector that the customer can apply. I also asked the nice young lady when it would come out, and she said that customer service wouldn't be given any advanced notice and so she didn't know.

I guess I'll continue to wait and try to be extra careful with my phone until then.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Well doh. I appreciate the nudge and contact info.

I called customer support and was told that they are only putting out the Nuud. It is supposed to come with a separate screen protector that the customer can apply. I also asked the nice young lady when it would come out, and she said that customer service wouldn't be given any advanced notice and so she didn't know.

I guess I'll continue to wait and try to be extra careful with my phone until then.

Well, we now know what you know. Thanks for the update, by the way...;)

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
While I love the idea of the frē and have had them, they do render the appearance of the screen enough that the n??d is so much nicer and if I can figure out how to cut a zagg hdx down to fit it inside there I will lol

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
In my opinion, for it's intended purpose, the Lifeproof Fre case was a piece of junk. Perhaps their stopping of production is actually doing you a favor to move onto something better.

dkbllb

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I had the Fre case on my 5 and although I hated the less then responsive screen cover, at least it protected the phone in the environments I put it in (fishing in the rain, working in a very dusty shop and playful grandkids). I'd be happy if I could find a different brand that protected and was fairly low profile.

dkbllb

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
The customer service lady thought it would be coming with a separate screen saver. I hope she's right.