How do I get my apps to transfer?

Brilliance79

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
apps won't transfer

I'm moving from a iphone 5s (64gb) to a iphone 6 (128gb) plus and nothing is working. I can't get my apps to transfer over. All of my contacts, pics and vids go through but my apps are nowhere to be found. My iphone 5s stopped backing up to itunes too... I've been trying to switch over for almost 5 hours total and I'm about to lose it. any ideas?

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: apps won't transfer

Did you sync to iTunes? That's where apps he loaded...restoring from a back-up takes care of data and settings.

Brilliance79

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

Yes I did. I did the usual sync for the 5s and everything was ok. Started the 6+ and did restore from iTunes and that started up.... Once it finished the background and lock screen wallpaper were there, the contacts were there, pics were there... Everything else not so much. After that happened for about 3 hours (redoing it about 5 times), I let it go overnight. This morning the apps come over but not in the folders and zero pics and contacts.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

Oh, and when you do a "sync" on iTunes with your 5S, are you only hitting the sync button and not the "Back Up Now" button? Sometimes hitting sync doesn't actually give you a backup.

Brilliance79

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

I'm hitting back up now. It goes thru and at the end... Error message. When I try it again it goes thru and when I restore from iTunes on the 6 plus I get everything but my apps. I've even deleted backups before my last successful one just to make sure and nothing.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I would completely delete iTunes from the computer and reinstall it. If that doesn't work you always have that option of just backing up the 5S via iCloud and restoring it on your 6 Plus via iCloud.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73