Is it really this hard to set a song as a ringtone??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathan Bael

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Do most users even want custom ringtones? Whenever I'm in public and hear other people's ring or chirp a notification, it's almost always a built in tone (regardless of whether it's an iPhone, android, etc). In fact most of the time, it's the default sound it makes out of the box. So most users don't even switch among the available sounds installed on their device-at least as far as my experience goes.

I like a custom ringtone. There are too many iPhones around and it gets confusing when you use the standard ringtones. I also work in a fairly loud environment and need a ringtone that would make your ears bleed to be able to hear it effectively. Right now my custom ringtone is one that I crafted from the most obnoxious portions of a dial up modem authentication handshake. Brings back memories every time my phone rings.

decypher44

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
For the few people that thought I was trolling (including moderators, to my surprise), I am not. I was expressing my opinion, while asking if there was an easier way than what I already read about.

No need to defend Apple when there is no reason to. Overreaction to this thread is EXACTLY what I meant when Apple has some really pretentious apologists.

Yeah, total troll and Apple basher here. Hmmm. 2 Macbook Pros, ipod touch, ipod classic, iPhone 5S, iphone 6 and iphone 6 plus. Oh, and added an iPad Air2 with Verizon today.

I'm not what you thought, huh......

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
For the few people that thought I was trolling (including moderators, to my surprise), I am not. I was expressing my opinion, while asking if there was an easier way than what I already read about.

No need to defend Apple when there is no reason to. Overreaction to this thread is EXACTLY what I meant when Apple has some really pretentious apologists.

Yeah, total troll and Apple basher here. Hmmm. 2 Macbook Pros, ipod touch, ipod classic, iPhone 5S, iphone 6 and iphone 6 plus. Oh, and added an iPad Air2 with Verizon today.

You have all that Apple Gear and you are asking is it a easier way to do ringtones? That's even more disturbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Maybe some just have a different definition of the word "difficult" or "hard"...I mean yeah, a 70 year old man that has never touched a computer?....

Oh boy, here we go....old man references. :) If I could edit this part of your post I would change it to:

Maybe some just have a different definition of the world "difficult" or hard"....I mean yeah, a 25 year old man that expects the world to work exactly they he wants it to every moment of every day....​

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I just thought that, "I'm gonna use my 6+ tomorrow and see how hard it is to make a custom ring tone." My next thought was "Ugh, this is gonna be work."

I've done it before a couple/few years ago and a painful experience doesn't jump into my memory.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

OK., read my post. I told you how i set ringtones for my wife's iPhone. Just to set the record straight, i'm not an Apple guy. I don't own an iPhone. I'm in iMore Forums when my wife or kids need help with their iPhones. I will say this however. I've always found the people in iMore Forums very helpful and friendly. This is from a man who owns a Nexus 5, and an LG G2. :p

Nathan Bael

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
OK., read my post. I told you how i set ringtones for my wife's iPhone. Just to set the record straight, i'm not an Apple guy. I don't own an iPhone. I'm in iMore Forums when my wife or kids need help with their iPhones. I will say this however. I've always found the people in iMore Forums very helpful and friendly. This is from a man who owns a Nexus 5, and an LG G2. :p

Most are, but there are usually one or two pricks that show up to threads like this. For some reason people love to have something to champion. Sometimes it is sports teams, branches of military service, operating systems, or multi-billion dollar companies. In all of those situations, the object or group being championed couldn't care less about those championing them, but we get worked up just the same.

At one time I was for the openness of android, but now it is just as easy to jailbreak as to root. Part of me hopes Samsung will refresh webOS and bring it back to the frontline. I definitely want to see blackberry make a comeback and windows phone to rise in popularity. Things are starting to get stale and it is never good to only have one real competitor. I say the more competition the better.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Most are, but there are usually one or two pricks that show up to threads like this. For some reason people love to have something to champion. Sometimes it is sports teams, branches of military service, operating systems, or multi-billion dollar companies. In all of those situations, the object or group being championed couldn't care less about those championing them, but we get worked up just the same.

At one time I was for the openness of android, but now it is just as easy to jailbreak as to root. Part of me hopes Samsung will refresh webOS and bring it back to the frontline. I definitely want to see blackberry make a comeback and windows phone to rise in popularity. Things are starting to get stale and it is never good to only have one real competitor. I say the more competition the better.

I'm for everyone using the platform that they like best. I know people who use an iPhone during the week, and Android on the weekend. To each his own. Please don't get me started on BlackBerry. I had a Bold 9000, which i loved, but when it got old, and i started questioning it's viability, the fanboys or fanbois in CrackBerry started hammering me big time. Now, if you want to talk about pompous a**holes, that's the forum that you go into. :rolleyes:

decypher44

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm for everyone using the platform that they like best. I know people who use an iPhone during the week, and Android on the weekend. To each his own. Please don't get me started on BlackBerry. I had a Bold 9000, which i loved, but when it got old, and i started questioning it's viability, the fanboys or fanbois in CrackBerry started hammering me big time. Now, if you want to talk about pompous a**holes, that's the forum that you go into. :rolleyes:

Completely agree about BB Forum fanboys. Very embarrassing. I loved my 9900, and whenever I had a question, everybody there were kind and helpful. But the minute you had an Apple cheerleader pop in with a thread bomb, then the BB defending went into overdrive.

Last edited:

Hendri Hendri

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Completely agree about BB Forum fanboys. Very embarrassing. I love my 9900, and whenever I had a question, everybody there were kind and helpful. But the minute you had an Apple cheerleader pop in with a thread bomb, then the BB defending went into overdrive.

that called insecure LOL

decypher44

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
You have all that Apple Gear and you are asking is it a easier way to do ringtones? That's even more disturbing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, Edward, out of all of this in my house for me and my kids, there is only one that I use for phone calls personally, and would be just one item that could be in question: the iPhone 6 Plus (my first iPhone)

What's more disturbing was your complete lack of deducing skills. Out of all those products, only 3 would use ringtones. Most normal people would use just one phone. I'm that type of person.

Now, the type YOU are would be considered pompous, without the actual intelligence to back it up.

Want to be a **** on forums? Go for it, but just letting you know how it looks on screen.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Well, Edward, out of all of this in my house for me and my kids, there is only one that I use for phone calls personally, and would be just one item that could be in question: the iPhone 6 Plus (my first iPhone)

What's more disturbing was your complete lack of deducing skills. Out of all those products, only 3 would use ringtones. Most normal people would use just one phone. I'm that type of person.

Now, the type YOU are would be considered pompous, without the actual intelligence to back it up.

Want to be a **** on forums? Go for it, but just letting you know how it looks on screen.

Have a nice day.

How it looks on screen is that you use or have used all that Apple gear. If you don't why mention it.
Furthermore here's the real deal. If you want ringtones of songs on your iPhone you either buy them or make it yourself.
This reality will not change unless Apple changes it or you JB your phone or you get a Android,Windows or BB phone of some type.
So do what you have to do to make your ringtone fantasy a reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods