Is this bad Battery Life? 💡

VlogSalad

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Using an iPhone 6 Plus :)

I left home today and had 100% battery
About 3 and a half hours later I have 24%.
Bearing in mind I have watched a 4 min video, used the phone heavily, streamed the radio most of the time on 3G and had a pedometer tracking my steps on MapmyWalk app.
Brightness has mostly been about half way.

I've done a fair bit on it as you can see, but for a 6 Plus I'd expect a bit more battery.
Anyone think this is normal? :)

Thanks so much!!

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I does seem a little bit of a quick drain. Keep an eye on it. Let it drain till it shuts off and charge to 100%

Sent from my Gold iPad Air using Tapatalk

VlogSalad

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Thank very much people
I have kept my phone very carefully at all times and am shocked to discover there's a few scratches on it, somewhat miraculously when I removed my cover. Do you think this will stop Apple from replacing it?

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Thank very much people
I have kept my phone very carefully at all times and am shocked to discover there's a few scratches on it, somewhat miraculously when I removed my cover. Do you think this will stop Apple from replacing it?
if you have an apple store near i'd try to take it there. on the genius bar an employee will test your battery.
they'll replace it if they notice a faulty battery even when there are a few scratches.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
You can test your battery yourself. This test is how the Genius Bar techs do it.

Write down your usage and standby time, press the sleep/wake button (or lock button, as some call it) to put the device to sleep, and set the device down for five minutes. When you come back, take note of the change in time. If your device is sleeping properly, then the Standby time should have increased by five minutes and your Usage time by <1 minute . If your Usage time rises by more than one minute, you have a drain problem. Something is keeping your device from sleeping properly, significantly shortening the time it will last.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

jianrong

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I use bluetooth and 4g to watch an hour youtube my battery drop 8%.

For your case about 4 hours dropping 76%?

Hmn.

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Steaming radio isn't a terrible battery killer if your screen is off and your cell signal is good.
But if you've got a weaker signal, 3 bars or less, that will murder your battery while streaming or using any cellular service. Other than that, I'd say to check and make sure your screen isn't staying on while the phone is pocketed.

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
MapMyWalk is a battery hog. The app is constantly using GPS and cellular radio.

I would say your drain is typical for what you are/were doing.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I can be at 23% battery. Then get a FaceTime call and in 15 seconds the phone goes black with the little wheel spinning. I get home and plug in and I'm immediately at 24%. Some things just kill a battery on Cellular. Anything that involves the camera does.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

VlogSalad

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Cheers for all the replies
I took it in but also mentioned the landscape issue I have in safari where the page frequently becomes unresponsive
That was enough for them to replace the phone. Has anyone else had that happen?

New phone has less lag, better battery and far less unresponsive safari pages in landscape it seems :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox