Verizon iPhone 6 Plus call failure???

iJuan

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have 2 iPhone 6 Plus on Verizon and both have recently started dropping calls like its nobody's business
Every time I try to answer the phone it says CALL FAILED and everything I place a call and the other person picks up it says CALL FAILED

Everything gets fixed after I hard reset the phone

Not sure if it's a VZW issue or my iPhone but it's driving me nuts

Anyone else having this issue? I'm in the Central Valley in CA

cornettbr

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This just started happening in Michigan to me!
I would call someone and it would fail on there end but still be ringing for me. Like a week or two ago.

mmohn01

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
I have the 6+ on Verizon with no call quality issues. Sounds like you might need to take your phone either to the Verizon store or to an Apple Store.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Since 2 phones are affected, at least you can be assured it's not a phone problem. It's in the network somewhere. Maybe a tower issue. Check with Verizon. You could try Reset Network Settings on both phones.
Settings>General>Reset>Tap Reset Network Settings. You may need to enter your wifi passcode back in afterwards

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Also go to Settings>> General>> About... if you get a pop-up for a carrier settings update - install it.

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site
With voice and data on simultaneously I drop calls all the time, people can't hear me, I cut in and out. With data only enabled, I have zero issues.

What a pain! Claiming they offer it but don't back it up. I'm getting ready to switch AT&T.

(I've had my phone swapped out 3 times and the issue has been present on all devices.)

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I keep data only enabled for LTE. The calls dropping and falling like mad was happening with T-Mobile too.

I honestly think it's an issue that'll hopefully be getting worked on for 8.2.

princessiphone

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
I had to switch from Verizon to T-Mobile because honestly their service sucks imo. I don't understand how they're the biggest in the United States. Their customer service is not good either.

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Service is relative. If you're using VoLTE, the drop rate is going to be generally higher. It is a lot harder to hold an LTE call up, especially if you are on the move. It's why T-Mobile is pushing WiFi calling for home users.

Verizon has the best overall service. If you live in or near a rural area, T-Mobile is not an option. Verizon is pretty much the only deal in certain parts of Georgia.

I had T-Mobile. They were great while I was deployed, but if I can't make a basic phone call when I'm driving, the service doesn't work for me.

My point is, VoLTE is not 100% on any carrier. It's harder to maintain a call, and it does seem to drop more often.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I don't know where you are but I work in government and my entire office runs off of VZW and their service is great and the customer service is top notch. Haven't dropped a call in years and regularly get 50MB's down.

cbreze

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
My dropped call rate is unchanged and quite rarely even happens with or with out LTE/Voice enabled or not. Seems same/same on either setting. It seems tho the consensus here leans toward turning off LTE for voice calls. if I start having any issue I'll switch it back to CDMA. Leaving Verizon would not be an option for me as I'm addicted to their superior coverage. :cool:

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I had to switch from Verizon to T-Mobile because honestly their service sucks imo. I don't understand how they're the biggest in the United States. Their customer service is not good either.

I left big red 5 years ago this past dec for Aye Tee & Tee and couldn't be happier ... Esp when they keep being the best carrier to have here in Cleveland as per root metrics lol 😁

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I live in kansas and travel around the state for work. Verizon is really the only option if you travel around rural areas and need to use data. I had two call failed early last week. Never had any issue like this with my note 4. As long as it's not a increasing problem not that big a deal every once in a while.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
When AT&T was introducing VoLTE in our area, I noticed some spotty (but not consistent) service degradation. It wasn't enough to raise a fuss about, but I did notice for about 2 weeks calls that were normally issue free were being met with drops, quality issues and sometimes data issues. Once VoLTE was up and running, it's been perfect sense (though at the time, I had no idea what was going on since I had no idea VoLTE was being introduced...I just thought service was degrading).

This may not be the case, but it was something I noticed personally about service with AT&T which is normally perfect in this area.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm assuming it's the area you're in. I haven't had any call issues & my phone is set to LTE for voice & data.

I left big red 5 years ago this past dec for Aye Tee & Tee and couldn't be happier ... Esp when they keep being the best carrier to have here in Cleveland as per root metrics lol

I'm East of Cleveland and AT&T is terrible in my area. They're cable service & wifi is great in my home but wireless...not so much!

2ndAmendNut

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I, too, have a VZN 6 Plus. I'm not having any call issues I wasn't having with my 5s. (And those are in known weak signal areas along I-20 in Alabama.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm assuming it's the area you're in. I haven't had any call issues & my phone is set to LTE for voice & data.

I'm East of Cleveland and AT&T is terrible in my area. They're cable service & wifi is great in my home but wireless...not so much!

Yes indeed right on the Cuyahoga/Lorain county borders on the West side and I see data download speeds of 30-50 Mps depending on the area

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2