Any iPhone 6+ and iPad Air 2 users?

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
So I've been really struggling to make up my mind about getting an iPad Air 2. Really, an iPad in general (keep waiting for them to really sell me).

I own an iPhone 6+ and a MacBook Pro (non-retina) but can't seem to really justify buying an iPad. I'm a writer and work in an advertising firm so portability is a big thing for me. Not having to carry my laptop would be great but my iPhone can't really do *everything* I need it to do in the field. The larger screen on the iPhone is great and I do other heavy editing, etc. on my laptop but would anyone say they can get even more done with their iPad?

So basically, do you own both and find no problem owning a device that's larger, but not by much, than their iPhone 6+? Do you feel the iPad Air 2 (or any variation of the iPad) compliments your workflow, personal use, portability or otherwise that you just can't get done with an iPhone 6+ and MacBook (or Mac)?

Any help is really appreciated!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
An iPad might be good for what you do in that you could show ad mock-ups on it... or demo videos... really easy without having to get a laptop up and running... you'll never really know what's possible until you use one, and get it to do what you need to do...

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In my regard, neither of the two iPad I've owned could replace my iPhone or my MacBook. Although the bigger screen of the iPad was useful, especially for reading, web browsing and watching videos, however, when I tried to do office-like stuff, I would connect my Apple Bluetooth keyboard to make it more comfortable for me to type, but then I found that I really needed my MacBook for many of the things I was doing or at least that's how I felt. Anyway, I'm good with just my iPhone and my MacBook. The iPad, in my regard, was wasteful spending.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I love my iPad Air. But it really is unnecessary to have. I use it in place of my iPhone when I get home usually. But I could definitely do without it.

jhnnyblze2000

Feb 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a 6+ and an air 2. Honestly when I'm at home I use my iPad for everything up to and including sms and iMessage. Only thing I reach to my phone for is making calls. My iPad is easier and faster than my laptop.

Cleveland

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I have a 6+ and an Air 1 and use both consistently but the buzz of a new device always has you using it the most as the case with my 6+ but now it's back to both devices, trust me you'll use an Air 2 more than you think you will lol when the Air 3 (or whatever they call it drops) I'll be upgrading my iPad

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
Im kind of curious since I have never owned one, but is there really a difference between an iPhone 6+ and an iPad Air 2 besides the screen size? Is it that much more powerful? does it runs apps that differ from each other greatly? Again, I have never owned an iPad, so I am really curious. Maybe the answers to these questions could help CounterCulture figure out if its really needed or just money spent.

bsmith0731

Dec 14, 2014
Visit site
So I've been really struggling to make up my mind about getting an iPad Air 2. Really, an iPad in general (keep waiting for them to really sell me).

I own an iPhone 6+ and a MacBook Pro (non-retina) but can't seem to really justify buying an iPad. I'm a writer and work in an advertising firm so portability is a big thing for me. Not having to carry my laptop would be great but my iPhone can't really do *everything* I need it to do in the field. The larger screen on the iPhone is great and I do other heavy editing, etc. on my laptop but would anyone say they can get even more done with their iPad?

So basically, do you own both and find no problem owning a device that's larger, but not by much, than their iPhone 6+? Do you feel the iPad Air 2 (or any variation of the iPad) compliments your workflow, personal use, portability or otherwise that you just can't get done with an iPhone 6+ and MacBook (or Mac)?

Any help is really appreciated!

I have an IPhone 6 plus and a MacBook Pro 2014. About 3 weeks ago I went out and got the iPad Air 2 and have no regrets.. I use all three pretty equally and like you would like to do I take along my iPad when I don't think I'll need my Mac. You can't go wrong in my opinion. They all serve their purposes..

garyf33

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I've got the 6 plus and Air 2, once I'm home the Air 2 is my go to device for everything including SMS and imessage. Currently have a windows PC but thinking about getting a Macbook pro in the future.

VlogSalad

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
I use the 6 plus for everything lol!!
It's my laptop, iPad.. There's nothing I use anything else for.. Apart from technical automated tasks I have to run on my laptop

It rocks and I got for long walks with it, listening to radio etc and facebooking. Unlimited internet is great price generally, iPad price horrendous

jneusch

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
I have both and I use both for work. I like having the bigger screen of the iPad when doing more typing or working with a lot of reports or spreadsheets. The iPad makes it easier to see more and do more. Realistically I could probably have gotten away with a 6 instead of a plus, but I liked the idea of the bigger screen and I don't regret it at all.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
With continuity, has anyone tried leaving their iPhones at home and just using their iPads when out and about?

I don't think that will work. Continuity requires BT and that you be on the same wifi network. You will be restricted to the devices being within relatively close physical proximity.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk v3.2.1 - you know, the version BEFORE they borked it up.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't think that will work. Continuity requires BT and that you be on the same wifi network. You will be restricted to the devices being within relatively close physical proximity.

Sent from my mobile device using Tapatalk v3.2.1 - you know, the version BEFORE they borked it up.

That's not true. You only need to be on the same wifi network to do the pairing. After that, both devices just need to be connected to the Internet. But it doesn't have to be the same service. I have done this before. I just don't have an iPad with LTE so I have to wait until I get to a place that has wifi. You only need Bluetooth when you are doing handoff. Not continuity between an iPhone and iPad.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Also they don't need to be in close proximity. I tried this by leaving my iPhone in my office and then went to another building with just my iPad. As soon as I was able to connect to the Internet, phone calls and text messages came through.

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I guess I wasn't necessarily trying to replace my iPhone or MacBook just trying to justify the purchase of an iPad. But, like you, I kind of see it was wasteful spending. Or splurging without reason. :) Thanks!

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Im kind of curious since I have never owned one, but is there really a difference between an iPhone 6+ and an iPad Air 2 besides the screen size? Is it that much more powerful? does it runs apps that differ from each other greatly? Again, I have never owned an iPad, so I am really curious. Maybe the answers to these questions could help CounterCulture figure out if its really needed or just money spent.

That's what I'm trying to decipher. I know the iPad Air 2 uses the A8X chip and 2gb of ram (which is the first iDevice that uses more than 1 gb of ram if I'm not mistaken). But I guess in terms of apps, if there really isn't much of an offering aside from the iPhone 6+ then I'll decide against it. :-/

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I use the 6 plus for everything lol!!
It's my laptop, iPad.. There's nothing I use anything else for.. Apart from technical automated tasks I have to run on my laptop

It rocks and I got for long walks with it, listening to radio etc and facebooking. Unlimited internet is great price generally, iPad price horrendous

You go for walks with your iPad?? You must be one of those iPad photographers too.. :p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal