Any iPhone 6+ and iPad Air 2 users?

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
That's not true. You only need to be on the same wifi network to do the pairing. After that, both devices just need to be connected to the Internet. But it doesn't have to be the same service. I have done this before. I just don't have an iPad with LTE so I have to wait until I get to a place that has wifi. You only need Bluetooth when you are doing handoff. Not continuity between an iPhone and iPad.

I love handoff between my Mac and iPhone but i would find the iPad to be clumsy.. also, do you feel that you can make it through the day on the Wi-Fi only model? I'm trying to decide between the two but since I can't add unlimited data through AT&T (but I'm grandfathered in on my iPhone), I think the Wi-Fi would suit just fine. Strong Wi-Fi at home but shotty at work.

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I'd recommend browsing screenshots of apps you currently use on the 6+ to see what they look like on the iPad. Even universal apps (those you only buy once and run at native resolution on the iPhone and iPad) often use the space differently. iOS 8 did add the ability to have different views for the 6+, but I haven't seen it implemented much yet outside of Apple apps like messages and Mail. But universal or iPad only apps will often look and behave differently than their IPhone counterparts.

I'll give it a look. Didn't think about native apps running differently on the iPad more so just apps for the iPad that increase (or even slightly improve) my workflow.

Thanks for the advice!

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
When you say you're a writer and work in advertising, are those two separate things or do you do a lot of writing in the field you're in for your advertising firm? Because if you do a lot of typing you're so much better off with a Mac.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Different purposes. Sometimes the iPad is great when productivity isn't so necessary in a specific day. But the days that you have a heavy workflow, nothing beats the macbook pro. The iPad really does nothing unique that the iPhone 6+ and Macbook pro can't do. However, it is great to leave the macbook at home and still be able to type up short documents/emails/etc. I probably didn't help lol but just letting you know it is kind of a luxury IMO.

yonghong

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
So I've been really struggling to make up my mind about getting an iPad Air 2. Really, an iPad in general (keep waiting for them to really sell me).

I own an iPhone 6+ and a MacBook Pro (non-retina) but can't seem to really justify buying an iPad. I'm a writer and work in an advertising firm so portability is a big thing for me. Not having to carry my laptop would be great but my iPhone can't really do *everything* I need it to do in the field. The larger screen on the iPhone is great and I do other heavy editing, etc. on my laptop but would anyone say they can get even more done with their iPad?

So basically, do you own both and find no problem owning a device that's larger, but not by much, than their iPhone 6+? Do you feel the iPad Air 2 (or any variation of the iPad) compliments your workflow, personal use, portability or otherwise that you just can't get done with an iPhone 6+ and MacBook (or Mac)?

Any help is really appreciated!

You need a surface pro 3 to get your work done, iPad Air 2 is just a bigger iPhone, ip6+ is big enough for you.

Nathan Bael

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
Personally I'm hoping for an iPad pro. I had the air two for a while but sold it and stuck with my mini retina. For me there isn't a compelling reason for the iPad other than media consumption. If the apple stylus comes to fruition then I will probably change my mind.

Realize though that there are some apps that are iPad only. A lot of those apps are games though so if you aren't a gamer it won't matter as much. If you do like to game having an iPad is great because, for me at least, it lets me keep the games off my computer.

InTheRed

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I have both. I use the iPad when I'm at home more often than not. I type much faster on the iPhone than the iPad though. So I will use the iPad for most communicating at home. Since I have a kindergartner there is an advantage to having an iPad as well as an iPhone.

If you are trying to decide if it's worth it to get both it depends on your needs. The iPad has apps that the iPhone cannot run.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
My iPhone 6+ is my personal phone, work issued us 4S, but will be replacing those soon with new iPhones. Still I purchased an iPad Air 2 and use it a lot for work in the field and its has its benefits. The 6+ is a great screen, but its not an iPad sized screen and sometimes the bigger screen is a must (for me at least).

mvdn777

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I bought both and enjoy both. I use them for work & play, (civil engineering project manager).
The company issued me with a 5C. I traded up my own tech from a 4S & an iPad 3.
Sometimes I use the company phone for more than phone calls.

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
You need a surface pro 3 to get your work done, iPad Air 2 is just a bigger iPhone, ip6+ is big enough for you.

My friend has been telling me this for awhile now but i'm a stickler for syncing across devices and not missing a beat during my workflow. I find that adding devices that don't support the same (or very similar) operating systems also kind of slows this down.

Could be me though.

Thanks for the advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR