I just found my favorite iPhone color that was never made...

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Is that one of those places that you send the device in to change the colour or are those knockoffs?

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Is that one of those places that you send the device in to change the colour or are those knockoffs?

I think so. It's like a couple $100 dollars to anodize the aluminum another color. Though you can actually buy a phone from these places already colored if you don't have a phone to send in.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I think so. It's like a couple $100 dollars to anodize the aluminum another color. Though you can actually buy a phone from these places already colored if you don't have a phone to send in.

I'm intrigued but I just can't part with My Beloved for any length of time.

Beyond Fire

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Colorware can do this for $300 bucks and if I didn't upgrade my phone every year I would have done this by now.

Sent from my Golden Apple Six

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I don't care if the back was just a high quality plastic instead of aluminum to accomplish that color. That's the only color I've ever truly wished for with the iPhone.

Edit: Hell, I'd go as far as to say that I prefer the plastic back (think 5C) over aluminum anyway since it wouldn't make the phone as vulnerable to slips in my hand.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Agree. I would love a black iPhone. not sure why they did away with that color.

It was reported to be hard to get the color "right" in the anodizing process. Not sure that I really buy that, though, because the 3rd party outfits seem to do it well. Maybe just doesn't lend itself well to mass production process.

Sent from my mobile device via Tapatalk 3.2.1 - you know, the version BEFORE they totally borked the app.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711