Silent mode: vibration sound

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I noticed that when I get a text/notification and I have my phone on silent, the vibration sounds a little louder than what I've experienced on my older devices (iPhone 5, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G). There doesn't seem to be any issues with it or anything but I just wanted to get feedback from the community who also own an iPhone 6 Plus, and see if anyone else has noticed or experienced this as well? I'm thinking it just has to do with the iPhone being larger and made from aluminum, but I don't know for sure. When it goes off, it kind of sounds "hollow" with a slight metallic echo, if that makes any sense.

Since there doesn't seem to be functional issue with the iPhone itself, I'll hold off taking it to an Apple Store. It's more of an annoyance than anything else I guess. Nothing I'm too worried about.

Thanks in advance for any feedback on your guys' experience with this issue.

Sent from my Space Gray iPhone from a galaxy far far away using Tapatalk

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that when I get a text/notification and I have my phone on silent, the vibration sounds a little louder than what I've experienced on my older devices (iPhone 5, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G). There doesn't seem to be any issues with it or anything but I just wanted to get feedback from the community who also own an iPhone 6 Plus, and see if anyone else has noticed or experienced this as well? I'm thinking it just has to do with the iPhone being larger and made from aluminum, but I don't know for sure. When it goes off, it kind of sounds "hollow" with a slight metallic echo, if that makes any sense.

Since there doesn't seem to be functional issue with the iPhone itself, I'll hold off taking it to an Apple Store. It's more of an annoyance than anything else I guess. Nothing I'm too worried about.

Thanks in advance for any feedback on your guys' experience with this issue.

I did notice that it was very clear, the vibration. You know you can change the settings for it in Settigns, Sounds.

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I did notice that it was very clear, the vibration. You know you can change the settings for it in Settigns, Sounds.

Yeah, I made a customized vibration that's shorter than the "quick" preset option. I just wanted to know if others have noticed the vibration being a bit louder and "hollow" sounding compared to other models.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I made a customized vibration that's shorter than the "quick" preset option. I just wanted to know if others have noticed the vibration being a bit louder and "hollow" sounding compared to other models.

It might be a bit "clearer." I don't necessarily want to say "louder" since that's adjustable. Maybe the patterns are different? I haven't got my 5s anymore...

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
The vibration volume isn't adjustable from what I know. Is that what you're referring to?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The vibration strength on this device is noticeably stronger than even my wife's regular 6...we put them next to each other and sent messages to each other and mine not only louder, but also seemed to be so strong that it almost sounded like a "rattle" (which could have very well been how the phone was sitting).

I have mine set to a custom "pulse" for normal use, but set it to the regular default vibrate for that test. I don't notice it much with the pulse vibrate setting because of how short the bursts of vibration are, but if I switch the phone to vibrate only, I can definitely tell.

fatfury

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
The vibration strength on this device is noticeably stronger than even my wife's regular 6...we put them next to each other and sent messages to each other and mine not only louder, but also seemed to be so strong that it almost sounded like a "rattle" (which could have very well been how the phone was sitting).

I have mine set to a custom "pulse" for normal use, but set it to the regular default vibrate for that test. I don't notice it much with the pulse vibrate setting because of how short the bursts of vibration are, but if I switch the phone to vibrate only, I can definitely tell.

Ok, so it sounds like it's not just my 6 plus then but a common difference...and yes, it is kind of like a "rattle". I agree, shorter bursts aren't as noticeable.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
The vibration volume isn't adjustable from what I know. Is that what you're referring to?

Not the volume or intensity per se but rather the different patterns you can choose would probably led you to a quieter one.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6