Any problems with crashing?

MKA1983

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I am wondering if anyone else is having the experiences that I am having or if I should go and get a warranty replacement.

It seems that a great deal of the time if I turn an app into landscape mode (even safari) it crashes. I also have this happen with Facebook and other apps that have supposedly been "optimized" for the Plus. I even lose connectivity to LTE and pandora last night for no apparent reason. If anyone is having similar issues please let me know. Otherwise, I guess I'm making an appointment at the Genius Bar.

P.S.

Has anyone else's battery become much less long-lasting than when they first started using the phone? Thanks all!

anon(161369)

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Non any more after updating at the beginning crashes every now and then were the norm but as of now you should not be experiencing any of these crash issues, however the LTE drop has occurred for me every now and then when leaving my work wifi, I would really look at getting a replacement if a restore to new doesn't work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
You may want to try a fresh restore of iOS. If the issues still persist, I would definitely take it into an Apple Store.

MKA1983

Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I'm going to try the restore first. Then if the problems persist I am going to the Apple Store.

trippymanni

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
I had my phone crash on me a couple times. Noticed the boot up time also increased drastically. had mine replaced and been fine since.

using an iphone 6 plus

Greek Geek

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
Hi MKA1983. I was experiencing exactly the same issues as you (both the battery life being shorter, and definitely the Apps crashing). Interesting to see that other 6 Plus users have not been experiencing this, but I definitely have on mine! I love my 6 Plus for many reasons, so I don't want to give up on it just yet. However, as I have many youtube playlists saved on certain apps, I'm reluctant to restoring my iPhone unless I am sure it will definitely work. So my question is, did you try this in the end? (and if so, did it fix your problem?)

If not, I have another theory as to why the crashes might be taking place, so just wanted to run this by you guys...
(anyone please feel free to chime in if you happen to know the answer)

I have noticed that it crashes most whenever I pick the phone up, or move it in some way. (only the active app crashes when I do that) and I seem remember a while back reading something about the 6 Plus having an auto-answer feature which kicks in whenever it detects that you have picked your phone up (to automatically answer a call), so I have a sneaky suspicion that this feature is in some way interfering with the apps, and inadvertently interrupting the app, thus making it inactive.

If this turns out to be the case, then the solution may be as simple as just disabling the feature,. However, I cannot for the life of me seem to find a setting like that on my iPhone (so is possible I just don't know what it's called, or what menu it is under from the settings menu) Does anybody know what this feature is, or where I can locate it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:yes:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh