I exchanged a 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus for a 64 GB version. Do I still have AppleCare+?

anon(5061193)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I bought an 6+ 16GB from the Apple Store and purchased Apple Care... I returned the phone to a Verizon store and upgraded to the 64 GB.. do I still have the Apple Care? I assume it would carry over because it was a exchange?

Thanks

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
New 6+ with Apple Care

Call Apple and let me know that you've swapped your original 6 Plus for another one. They will probably need the serial number of the new device.

anon(5061193)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: New 6+ with Apple Care

Got off the phone with Apple and they do not automatically carry it over even though that I returned it within 30 days.... They elevated the issue to a manager and someone is going to call me back tonight... I never gave it a thought and now I may be without Apple Care... Bummer..

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Got off the phone with Apple and they do not automatically carry it over even though that I returned it within 30 days.... They elevated the issue to a manager and someone is going to call me back tonight... I never gave it a thought and now I may be without Apple Care... Bummer..

I doubt it. They will more than likely remove your old device from their records and replace it with the new device.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Oh I just caught that. Bought at Apple Store returned to Verizon.
Maybe they'll cancel AC on the returned phone send you the pro rated difference you can apply that AC on the new phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

They transferred Apple care from my wife's 5S to a larger 5S she bought about 5 days later (2 years ago)...she actually had it done inside the store itself. No problems, no argument from them...they did have to get a manager to make it happen though, but I was guessing it was just due to technical reasons.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
New 6+ with Apple Care

Easiest thing is get your refund for the Apple Care on the 16GB and just purchase Apple Care for the 64GB whenever you want within those first 30 days. Where you bought and returned the phone is irrelevant in a sense.

dimitrist

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site

naw, you will be ok, I had to do the same thing with a macbook pro, make sure you have both Serial numbers and tell them what happened, they will take care of it over the phone and you will get an email confirmation.

You can not get a refund on a used apple care serial number btw.

dimitrist

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site

I was told you can't by two CS representatives and a supervisor when I asked for a refund for my apple care because I returned my mbp just five days later for a different one and I wanted to either get a refund so I can buy it again to apply it on the new mbp, or transfer it.
I was told there is no refund for apple care once is used.
Unless they tell you whatever they feel like it on the phone I don't know what to tell you.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

I was told you can't by two CS representatives and a supervisor when I asked for a refund for my apple care because I returned my mbp just five days later for a different one and I wanted to either get a refund so I can buy it again to apply it on the new mbp, or transfer it.
I was told there is no refund for apple care once is used.
Unless they tell you whatever they feel like it on the phone I don't know what to tell you.

You're comparing a Macbook to the phone. You can get a refund on Apple Care + at any time even if you used up one of the replacements. I've done so twice already. Just takes a simple phone call to Apple.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
When I got a AC refund on my 5S they did a deposit to my bank card I have on file. I paid in cash for AC on the 5S at a Apple Store. In 2012 I got a 4S and paid cash for AC and they sent a check. They are super quick with both.
On the card deposit the rep said 15 days but it was in the bank in less than 48 hrs.

anon(5061193)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
The manager called back and said without the serial number on the old one there is nothing they can do. I do not believe them. They should be able to find it somehow... Either way.. Lesson learned. I should have bought it directly from the Apple Store and not Verizon.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
The manager called back and said without the serial number on the old one there is nothing they can do. I do not believe them. They should be able to find it somehow... Either way.. Lesson learned. I should have bought it directly from the Apple Store and not Verizon.

The serial number will be on the receipt for the Apple Care you purchased on the 16GB version.

anon(5061193)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
The serial number will be on the receipt for the Apple Care you purchased on the 16GB version.

I didn't keep the receipt... yes... bad move for me.... but I thought that in this day and age keeping a piece of paper shouldn't be necessary... Especially with a company like Apple....

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
I didn't keep the receipt... yes... bad move for me.... but I thought that in this day and age keeping a piece of paper shouldn't be necessary... Especially with a company like Apple....

Is there no way to look up iCloud accounts or Find My iPhone or anything like that? I can't imagine that Apple wouldn't be able to find this and help you out.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site

Hold up where did you buy the original phone from Apple or Verizon?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro