I exchanged a 16 GB iPhone 6 Plus for a 64 GB version. Do I still have AppleCare+?

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Also... When you first purchased the device didn't you register it on Apple's site or via iTunes?

ѕenт ғroм мy ιpнone 6 υѕιng тapaтalĸ

DarlaMack

Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
My NEW phone is showing up... but it doesn't say anything about Apple Care... should it say it there?

If that's the only phone that shows up than that means your old one was never registered.

DarlaMack

Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm confused... If you bought your old phone from Apple you should have a confirmation receipt in your email. Did you check?

anon(5061193)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I'm confused... If you bought your old phone from Apple you should have a confirmation receipt in your email. Did you check?

I bought the original phone from the Apple Store.. I returned it and upgraded it at a Verizon store

DarlaMack

Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I bought the original phone from the Apple Store.. I returned it and upgraded it at a Verizon store

Right and my experience with Apple Store purchases is they send a receipt to your email as well as a physical one.

anon(5061193)

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I figured it out... I used my wifes Apple ID when I bought the original one.... I have both serial numbers now and I should be all set... Thanks for all the help

Nathan Bael

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I didn't realize you could buy at an Apple Store and return to a carrier store.

What I would suggest doing is asking them to cancel AppleCare on the old phone and then see if they can give you a credit to purchase AppleCare on the new phone.

Chief G-Hawk

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I think he bought it from Apple then exchanged it at Verizon.

Reading your Original post, I wonder how Verizon managed to accept a return when the phone wasn't purchased through them but purchased at the Apple store (different point of sale). You should have returned it to the apple store instead and they would have transferred over the applecare+.

On another forum, I know of someone who purchased a 6 on apple.com. Apple wouldn't accept the return because he missed the return window by 1 day. He called AT&T and apparently AT&T allowed him to return the phone to them. Unfortunately, AT&T couldn't accept the return and 3 month later he received his phone back.

DarlaMack

Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I figured it out... I used my wifes Apple ID when I bought the original one.... I have both serial numbers now and I should be all set... Thanks for all the help

Yay!!! Glad you got it all sorted out!

DarlaMack

Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
I didn't realize you could buy at an Apple Store and return to a carrier store.

What I would suggest doing is asking them to cancel AppleCare on the old phone and then see if they can give you a credit to purchase AppleCare on the new phone.

It was my understanding that if you bought the carrier specific iPhone it could be returned to the carrier. The unlocked versions would have to be returned to Apple. I could be wrong but I've seen and heard of it being done.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice