Pretty much sold on the 6 plus, but..

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
so, if anyone was curious, I ended up going with the 6 plus. So far I think it's pretty great. It's weird, it seems more like a computer than a phone. Maybe the extra screen size puts it into that category. Anyway, I'm pretty excited for what im going to be able to do with it. I do notice that maybe there's some missed swipes or presses, but not enough that i can be sure of. Also, I'm hoping more apps get updated to take advantage of the phone.

Battery life is amazing on this thing.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
so, if anyone was curious, I ended up going with the 6 plus. So far I think it's pretty great. It's weird, it seems more like a computer than a phone. Maybe the extra screen size puts it into that category. Anyway, I'm pretty excited for what im going to be able to do with it. I do notice that maybe there's some missed swipes or presses, but not enough that i can be sure of. Also, I'm hoping more apps get updated to take advantage of the phone.

What colour and size Gb did you get?

cardfan

Oct 26, 2004
Visit site
I would've picked the note 4. I think you made the wrong choice. Are you sure about this? Plus they're known to bend. I'd constantly check to be sure it's not bent. You can never be too careful.

How could you not get the 128gb version? I don't think you really thought this out. Next time take more time before choosing so quickly.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Congrats on the device OP. I'm also wanting to move to the Plus but I'm waiting until September.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I just want you to know, I'm in my pajamas and doing the happy dance!
Nicely done, Sir\Mam...

You can start sharing your home screen, here: http://forums.imore.com/iphone-6-plus/300431-show-us-your-home-screen.html

Oh what a difference a few days make :)

Last edited:

Wildo6882

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
My Nexus 6 has been shipped off to a new owner. My Nexus 5 is just waiting to do the same. My 6 Plus is on the FedEx truck today and my accessories for it are in already. I'm excited to move back to iOS. No hate towards Android, but I needed something a little more reliable.

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Enjoy it! It's a great phone.

I'm campaigning to get my wife to take my iPhone 6, so we can finally be on the same platform together. She keeps fighting me on it, though.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Enjoy the 6 Plus hope it works for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! So far I'm liking it a lot. My only issues I think are more related to iOS 8's weird bugs. Like, there's some hitches on opening/closing apps and going back to home screen. Also, I'm having this weird freezing issue with 1password. But im assuming that's just agile its needing to post a update. (It happened on my 5S as well.)

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Thanks! So far I'm liking it a lot. My only issues I think are more related to iOS 8's weird bugs. Like, there's some hitches on opening/closing apps and going back to home screen. Also, I'm having this weird freezing issue with 1password. But im assuming that's just agile its needing to post a update. (It happened on my 5S as well.)

I haven't experienced any freezing with 1passwrd on the 6 plus or the 5S. Did you set up the 6 plus from a 5S backup?

anaphora68

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Hmm, that's odd. Did you setup from a backup? I've always found that jumping to new iPhones, it's best to restore as new and then go from there.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I haven't experienced any freezing with 1passwrd on the 6 plus or the 5S. Did you set up the 6 plus from a 5S backup?

Agreed. I use 1Password on a daily basis and have for a long time. I've only ever experienced freezing when I was running a beta prior to the iOS 8 launch (so beta app on beta iOS). And I always just restore from a backup.

Same here. No problems whatsoever with 1Password on my iPhone 6 Plus.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
I would've picked the note 4. I think you made the wrong choice. Are you sure about this? Plus they're known to bend. I'd constantly check to be sure it's not bent. You can never be too careful.

How could you not get the 128gb version? I don't think you really thought this out. Next time take more time before choosing so quickly.

seinfeld-clapping-gif.gif

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site

The iPhone 6 plus is a great choice. Enjoy your new phone.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site

No, far as I know it was set up as new. Maybe I should do a factory restore and set it up as new again?

DX9

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Are you sure you don't want to wait for the 6splus? Rumors have it there will be 2gb of ram and a new force touch display!

You are talking about a phone that is like 9 months away. Why keep waiting for the next one. Enjoy what's out now. Tech is never ending. That's the way it is. Every phone gets upgraded each year. Nothing new here.

Status
Not open for further replies.