Pretty much sold on the 6 plus, but..

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
If you have the loot you can get whatever you want. All brands of devices if you want.
Me personally I have no interest in Windows or Android.
When I get a new device mobile or computer I need as little down time as possible. Buying a new Mac would just be plugging it in and loading a few programs. A new phone just setting up from a iCloud backup or iTunes back up. For me that's zero headaches.
Sometimes I have to use my MacBook Air to play music I have to learn. It a simple matter of AirPlay through my TV or plugging a thunderbolt cable into it to run through my studio speakers.
So for me it's not one platform is better than another it's keeping a uninterrupted flow.
Even for entertainment. If got a new Mac I just plug in my external with my iTunes movies and I'm ready to go. And of course whatever Mac I get its going to flow with my iPhone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My main issue with Mac, desktop anyway, is that I do like being able to upgrade parts. And gaming is just more viable on PC. So that's important to me as well. I'm not too opposed to a MacBook though, it's just for desktop I'm unsure if im willing to give up the gaming advantage and upgradability.

robbrick

Dec 12, 2003
www.dimensiondvd.com
Well, how much of that is in my control though? Like, since there completely different OS's it's not like they're gonna sync with one another.

It's all under your control. There will always be something new coming out. The great thing is that either Android or iOS will be compatible with any new peripherals you may end up wanting as those are the two main choices for mobile OSes. Just pick one (iPhone, LOL) and be happy.

You control how much anything can be a big or small deal to you or not. It isn't a life decision.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I believe many iOS users are like you. It's about continuity. They feel like if it isn't broken then why try and find a fix. I somewhat agree with that as well. It can be a pain in the **** switching operating systems and managing everything.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me coming from the original iPhone the attraction was when Steve Jobs said It runs OSX. So the iPhone was the mobile extention of my Mac. Now it has reversed it a lot of ways.

My pre smartphone days I went from Motorola then Nokia then back to Motorola then Nokia again all based on what was the coolest looking phone because back then they all did the same thing.
But it was a pain getting used to Nokia menus then Motorola menus and back again.
I have so much stuff that's iCloud based that gets carried over from iPhone to iPhone iPad to iPad Mac to Mac that I don't worry about saving even if I wipe my phone or computer.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
My main issue with Mac, desktop anyway, is that I do like being able to upgrade parts. And gaming is just more viable on PC. So that's important to me as well. I'm not too opposed to a MacBook though, it's just for desktop I'm unsure if im willing to give up the gaming advantage and upgradability.

If gaming is your thing and upgrading parts enhances the experience then stick with a PC.
Only get a Mac if it goes with your flow. If your flow is a little bit of all platforms so be it.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys :) I know I tend to overanyze everything. I appreciate your patience.

I'm gonna go ahead and get the 6 plus. I believe it'll best suit what I want in a phone. And I'll continue to use whatever I feel us the best device for each task and if it causes issues I'll deal with it then. But it's pointless worrying about it now I think.

Robster33

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
The best thing i find with my iPhone/macbook/ipad is the being able to message anyone from either, especially my macbook in my home office. Don't have to touch my phone, much nicer typing on a macbook. A message will come in on all 3 and when you open it on my macbook it becomes read on iPhone and iPad. And my phone is usually in my office so i get them on my iPad when on the lounge or by the pool. Don't use the calls though as i use a Uniden bluetooth handset.
If i didn't have all Apple i would get the Note 4, i might anyway as a private no/phone for home use. I found the Plus too big/heavy for my work uses in and out of pocket and car all day. Its a great office or at home use phone. Swapped to a 6 and they gave me a Lifeproof Fre for $20. Much better for now :rolleyes:

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
Okay, so, where are we? Did we get an iPhone 6 Plus, or?

I want an end to this 'film'. Alternatively, do I have to wait for the Blu-Ray, with the alternate ending?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so, where are we? Did we get an iPhone 6 Plus, or?

I want an end to this 'film'. Alternatively, do I have to wait for the Blu-Ray, with the alternate ending?

I can't get any device until my refund from Motorola comes in. So, I'm waiting for that to process through. In the mean time, it'll give me more time to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73