Can the iPhone 6 Plus be set to "wake up" upon receiving email messages?

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
O.K., so my wife just bought a brand spanking new Gold iPhone 6+ w/ 128gbs. Her question is this...Since the phone "wakes up" when a text msg hits the lockscreen, can it also be set so that an email does the same thing? Right now, when she gets an email, and as a realtor she gets plenty, the phone stays dark. If she doesn't hear the notification sound, she's out of luck. Any help with this would be appreciated.:p

soulenigma

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Re: iPhone 6+ notifications

Under settings then notifications, you can scroll down to mail app then set it to show on lock screen.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

Can she also get the phone to flash(camera flash), when the emails & texts hit the phone? Thanks, again.:confused:

HaHa. So much easier with my Nexus.:p

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Can she also get the phone to flash(camera flash), when the emails & texts hit the phone? Thanks, again.:confused:

HaHa. So much easier with my Nexus.:p

Yes. Go to Settings - General - Accessibility and then toggle the button next to "LED Flash for Alerts".

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

Thanks guys. It's all good, and running. 128gbs. is a lot of space, but being that she deals with pdf files, and house sales, i guess she needs it. Thanks again.:p

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Thanks guys. It's all good, and running. 128gbs. is a lot of space, but being that she deals with pdf files, and house sales, i guess she needs it. Thanks again.:p

You're very welcome, sir...;)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

In notifications, set it on "Alerts" rather than "Banner".

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.