Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

103 Posts

Default On the verge of switching

I've had my 6+ for a little over 2 months now and I love it. After using Android for 4 or 5 years it was such a joy coming back to iOS and having a premium feeling device with a beautiful OS.

I used my LG G3 for one full day yesterday and I think I might be switching back to Android. I was so tired of Android which is why I switched to the 6+, but after using it again I realize there's a lot of bugs on iOS 8 which bother me more than I thought.

But the real 3 reasons why I might switch back I feel are so dumb, but important to the way I use my device.

Spotlight works 50 percent of the time. I use it a lot to open apps. Search works 100 percent of the time on Android.

Keyboards are no where as good as they are in Android. No crashing or returning to stock like on iOS

Even thought I feel the apps are better to use on iOS, discovering/searching for an app on the APP Store is incredibly frustrating.

What do you guys think? Is there any big issues with iOS which bring you close to switching platform?

Nexus ONE
    iMore Intermediate

248 Posts
    Global Posts
    269 Global Posts

Default Re: On the verge of switching

I always use the stock keyboard on my iPhone and never have a problem especially with the new word predictions in iOS 8 and I also never have a problem with the App Store I think android and iPhone are all on preference but I seriously think iphone is way better
    iMore Pro

631 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,516 Global Posts

I use the stock keyboard on iOS because it's good enough. To be honest the only reason why I used swift key on my Galaxy devices is because the stock keyboard wasn't good enough. Overall I'm happy with iOS and the 6 plus. The only thing I'd like to be better is the spotlight search because as you say it only works intermittently. I use it to do quick web searches and on Android the Google search bar works 100% of the time. Hopefully it will improve over time.

I know I'm already used to iOS though as when I'm using my Samsung galaxy tab pro 10.1 I keep swiping back to go back instead of using the back button and get frustrated when it doesn't work 😄

I was also a long time android users, however I used iPhones before that and used iPads and iPod touches alongside my android phones so wasn't much of a change I suppose.
    iMore Beginner

64 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,114 Global Posts

There both good OS's, but use whichever floats your boat. As for the KB, my 6+ works flawlessly all the time, predicts correctly and never crashes. Best KB I've used yet. This said, I may go try android again at some point, but not till my 6+ falls apart.
    iMore Genius

6,429 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,810 Global Posts