Am I the only one who's comfortable with the stock keyboard?

soulenigma

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Although I don't mind the stock keyboard, SwiftKey works wonders especially when I really need to be quick or can't type with both hands.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Can someone post the link to the Symbols keyboard? I searched in the App Store and there appear to be many related ones.

I know!!!!! I'm in the middle of some release planning calls and the whole lot of them confused me. Which one was it guys?????

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
OK......SO. The beginning of the week I re downloaded Swype and SwiftKey on my iPad Air. Needless to say, it has become too wonky to continue to use. Like, on Safari, I would envoke the keyboard so I could type something into the search bar and nothing would happen OR if I had the keyboard up and typed something then needed to collapse the board it would freeze. This started happening too often for me to deal with. Delete. Oh well !

Back to stock again, like an old comfy chair.

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Sep 20, 2014
Visit site
I came from android and always used swiftkey. On android it's much better and the word predictions are great. That said, on my iPhone I use stock. The way the 3rd party keyboards are integrated at the moment is not good and a waste in my opinion.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone noticed if Swiftkey has been any better since the January 19th update?

It's always worked well for me. I've had no issues with SwiftKey. 3rd party keyboards in general, yes. Apple should improve their use.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
It's always worked well for me. I've had no issues with SwiftKey. 3rd party keyboards in general, yes. Apple should improve their use.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

I've been using it for about and hour and it seems to be better for me at least.

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Swiftkey (and the others) are nothing to the stock keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I use stock primarily since its basically guaranteed to not have any bugs with the OS. Fleksy has too many bugs and types slower than the stock. You also have to buy other themes even though you already paid for the keyboard.

baldhero

Jan 26, 2015
Visit site
Same thing goes with the GIF screensaver, I changed back less than a day. Stock option usually don't look the best but works the best

Fit24

Trusted Member
Aug 9, 2012
Visit site
I've always used the stock keyboard. I tried a couple of third party keyboards but they didn't work as well.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Apple needs to fix the freezing issues with using 3rd party keyboards and make it so when you switch keyboards, you have to long press the globe. Tapping it causes too many errors. Fix those two problems, and 3rd party keyboards would be great. I still use 3. SwiftKey doesn't have any bugs. It's just the general use if any 3rd party keyboard. Fix it, Apple!

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods