Am I the only one who's comfortable with the stock keyboard?

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I think the stock keyboard is fine. I have swiftkey installed and try to use it but too often the keyboard seems to switch back to stock and it drives me crazy. I would rather just stick to stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I do think that some of the keyboards provide good functionality especially on the iPad. For me, it makes it easier to type when I'm not at my desk.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
i like the stock one best too..
but i like the jailbreak tweak bloard to give it the darker look... then it is perfect to me.

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I've tried the others but have come back to stock always. The other keyboards are neat, but only in a "oh this is cool.....see the keyboards I can get now" kind of a way. Not practical

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Even with the bugs, I absolutely still can't live without Swype. I used to jailbreak just to use keyboards with this ability. I started out with Android devices, so I've been used to swiping my finger around for many years. I'm very grateful Apple let me have my beloved keyboard back!

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I have 3 different keyboards on my 6plus, but so far I have been using the stock keyboard, it works. But I do have to try the other ones out soon.

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I totally love the stock keyboard, but last week I re downloaded "TouchPal" because I wanted to customize my keyboard with my own wallpaper to match my phone set up. Yeah....it's buggy so when it really frustrates me I just switch to the stock. I also re downloaded "Swype" because I love the ease of use with it, and I purchased the theme color bundle as well to be able to switch those too.

All in all I definitely prefer the stock keyboard, but I also decided having the 2 others that I like to use on occasion are a nice backup for a change of pace as well.

tapped out by my P!NK fingers from my iPad Air

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I still use SwiftKey as my main keyboard. The other 2 are utility boards. KuaiBoard for copy and paste, and Symbols for which I use a few ☮✞★.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I still use SwiftKey as my main keyboard. The other 2 are utility boards. KuaiBoard for copy and paste, and Symbols for which I use a few ☮✞★.

I'm beta testing Swiftkey and it is very buggy. It switches every time I swipe and refuses to show up in my Twitter app. The non beta version freezes every time I open my messages

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site

I am so mad at you!!!!

I can't stop ⏎෴⑀⚇⚆⑂⑁⑃⋮⋯⋱⋰⋯⋮⌨⚕♬✥☪↶↷ⓗⓔⓛⓟⓜⓔ

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I'm beta testing Swiftkey and it is very buggy. It switches every time I swipe and refuses to show up in my Twitter app. The non beta version freezes every time I open my messages
I don't use the Swype feature. I prefer the predictive words use. It works great for me. Any of the 3rd party keyboards cause my messages app to freeze up some, but it's not that bothersome. SwiftKey has an amazing memory. I have no need at all for shortcuts. And many paragraphs and phrases I type words rather than letters. I haven't found SwiftKey itself to be buggy. Using 3 3rd party keyboards is a bit "touchy", but not too bad. It would be better if Apple made it where to switch keyboards you would have to long press on the globe, rather than tap it.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I don't use the Swype feature. I prefer the predictive words use. It works great for me. Any of the 3rd party keyboards cause my messages app to freeze up some, but it's not that bothersome. SwiftKey has an amazing memory. I have no need at all for shortcuts. And many paragraphs and phrases I type words rather than letters. I haven't found SwiftKey itself to be buggy. Using 3 3rd party keyboards is a bit "touchy", but not too bad. It would be better if Apple made it where to switch keyboards you would have to long press on the globe, rather than tap it.

Completely agree

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro