Am I the only one who's comfortable with the stock keyboard?

ThePinkChameleon

Trusted Member
Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Like most have stated here, I've downloaded quite a few of 3rd party keyboards, but in the end I have deleted them all and returned to the stock keyboard. I'm happy enough with it.

tapped out by my P!NK fingers on my iPad Air

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I still prefer SwiftKey. The stock keyboard keeps bringing up email addresses when I don't want them. It's annoying. No issues with SwiftKey or KuaiBoard. I get an occasional messages app freeze up. But it's not a big deal. KuaiBoard is cool and very useful.

Sent from CrapaTalk on my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

SprSynJn

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
I use swiftkey when typing in landscape mode on my Plus, but use the standard keyboard for everything else. Prefer the standard to be honest, but the landscape mode isn't very helpful I feel.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I haven't used the 3rd party keyboards on iOS in a while. Have they gotten any better since they were first available? I remember that there were compatibility issues in the beginning.

soogriff

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I've never had an issue with the stock keyboard on past versions of the iPhone that I've owned, but the 6+ is so huge that I kept pressing period instead of space. It was annoying. Switched to Swiftly today. All is well now. I just needed a bigger spacebar.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I like the stock keyboard also, mainly because 3rd party keyboards don't get access to iOS shortcuts and I use those all the time.

You don't need shortcuts with SwiftKey. I can type the first 2 characters of my email address, and the entire address shows in the center predictive box. SwiftKey has a great memory. I've had no need for using shortcuts at all. You can see in this screenshot how my email address shows. I had only typed 2 characters.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420574722.066576.jpg

Sent from CrapaTalk on my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
The stock keyboard is the best predictor and typing experience to date. I noticed with the other keyboards they get the incorrect spelling and predictions and I get frustrated. So I switch to the stock keyboard
Well done apple

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk

reeneebob

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
I prefer the stock keyboard, even after getting swiftkey and swype. The only third party keyboard I use is the elliptical one for one handed typing when necessary on the plus.

Sent from my primary iPhone 6+, my iPad Air 4G, my backup Nexus 5 or my work issued Xperia Z3C.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I prefer the stock keyboard, even after getting swiftkey and swype. The only third party keyboard I use is the elliptical one for one handed typing when necessary on the plus.

Sent from my primary iPhone 6+, my iPad Air 4G, my backup Nexus 5 or my work issued Xperia Z3C.

I also use what I call a utility keyboard. It's called KuaiBoard, and has been very useful in pasting copied text. It saves me a good bit of time.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I've tried a few 3rd party keyboards (SwiftKey, Swype, Fleksy, TextExpander, Minuum, etc.) but I keep coming back to the stock keyboard. As much as I make fun of autocorrect, I still rely on it too much. I also have a number of keyboard shortcuts that I use that make stock more valuable to me. But at least we have a choice now, and I can experiment as improvements are made to these options.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh