Am I the only one who's comfortable with the stock keyboard?

Mannie Ku

Feb 21, 2015
Visit site
i have tried all of the third parties keyboards and i always come back to the stock keyboard. i do not like the concept of swipe so not too interested in that. Any who i do have the GiF Riffsy third party keyboard that i use for fun sometimes. That app also has its own keyboard which is horrible by the way lol. I only use the pictures.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Does the stock keyboard have this feature? Mistakes are made and the predictive will offer those as word options. But you can't delete those non words from the predictive dictionary with the stock keyboard. You would have to go to settings and Reset Keyboard Dictionary. The whole thing. With SwiftKey, just long press on the non word or any undesirable word in the predictive box. Then this option pops up:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424587530.872177.jpg

I like that! You could have it not predict your ex's name! :D

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

2ndAmendNut

Mar 25, 2012
Visit site
I love the stock keyboard! I've tried a bunch of the third party keyboards but none have impressed me enough to stick with them.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
One thing I hate about the stock keyboard is the email addresses and other stuff that pop up when I don't want them. It can't be autocorrect. And I've cleared up my shortcuts. So why when I type the word "Hangs", do I get an email address? Very frustrating. SwiftKey doesn't do that. Here's what I mean.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1424633311.465075.jpg

Sent from my ancient iPhone 5 (no longer trustworthy)

HighTechToid

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
Stock keyboard to me is decent. But doesn't compare to the utility that Fleksy brings. And its auto correct is better and is more forgiving when pressing in the wrong area and still guessing the right words. Not to mention gestures will always outpace tapping.

LCW

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I prefer the stock keyboard also... Especially on the Plus. Works great without any gimmickry.

Smply_Rckless

Nov 10, 2014
Visit site
Definitely the stock keyboard but I have been trying Swype just can't figure out how to use emojis with it.

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6+ 

Microcosmos

Sep 19, 2005
Visit site
Stock for typing, yes. But PopKey for fun!!!!! I'd paste a gif here if I could, doesn't work in forums, but great for text messages!!

RobbyRob

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I know it might sound crazy. But the keyboard is a lot of the reason why I stick to the iPhone. Android might have near little features, but none of those keyboards are ever as nice as the stock iPhone keyboard. I don't swipe, t9 or anything like that so I am very pleased with the accuracy and simplicity of the stock keyboard. I feel this is one item I don't really want to spend a lot of time tinkering with.

dksuri

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
I just hate the way you have to switch keyboards on IOS, thats the only reason I use the stock keyboard. I really loved using swiftkey on Android but its just not the same on IOS.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I just hate the way you have to switch keyboards on IOS, thats the only reason I use the stock keyboard. I really loved using swiftkey on Android but its just not the same on IOS.

What do you mean by having top switch keyboards?

Last edited:

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Every time I have used swift key for some reason it always ends up going back to the stock keyboard. Even though I have set up swiftly as my default

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's odd. I doubt use SwiftKey, but I haven't had that happen while using Swype. I wonder why that happens?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro