Is anyone else experiencing battery drainage while charging?

OlegWasHere

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
anyone else experience this?
i have nothing running in the background and possibly one app open (using it)

this is the first iphone ive had an issue with.
(even while its syncing to my itunes on a computer/not a laptop- it was slowly depleted)
only way it charges is if its plugged in and im not using it at all. and even then its slow.

(mind you its a clean install and i just signed into icloud for my contacts etc.) (has 8.1 on it though) will update to see if it helps.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Re: losing battery while its plugged in

Are you using the OEM charger & cable? If not - do that.

The computer issue could be that the USB port on the computer can not physically supply the necessary amperage to charge the iPhone6+ - there's not much you can do about that short of upgrading the computer in some way to install USB ports that can supply the necessary amperage to charge an iPhone6+

OlegWasHere

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site

do you think it would help to plug into an actual outlet?
i have my block and cable on a power bar but only an ihome radio is plugged into it.

last night it was plugged into the power bar, i was on the phone and the battery was depleting as it was so called "charging"

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site

do you think it would help to plug into an actual outlet?
i have my block and cable on a power bar but only an ihome radio is plugged into it.

last night it was plugged into the power bar, i was on the phone and the battery was depleting as it was so called "charging"

It depends on how much power the source is giving the charge especially while the phone is in use. This happens to me sometimes when I'm using my phone while it's plugged into an HP Pavilion desktop computer. It's nothing to worry about.

OlegWasHere

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site

It depends on how much power the source is giving the charge especially while the phone is in use. This happens to me sometimes when I'm using my phone while it's plugged into an HP Pavilion desktop computer. It's nothing to worry about.

this was also happening from an outlet.
like ive said my iphone 3,4, or 5 never did this.
maybe the power consumption is too large for my city gird:laughing: (also my brightness was turned down all the way)
not sure, i guess ill just take it to apple for a battery test.

Flow39

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site

this was also happening from an outlet.
like ive said my iphone 3,4, or 5 never did this.
maybe the power consumption is too large for my city gird:laughing: (also my brightness was turned down all the way)
not sure, i guess ill just take it to apple for a battery test.

It definitely wouldn't hurt to take it in. If you are using the stock charger and cable and are using a wall outlet and it still drains the battery while charging, taking it in would be the best option. Tell us what you find out from the store and good luck! :)

dimitrist

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site

once you plug the phone into a power outlet or a USB port, the battery isn't being used, if its showing charging and losing power it is not a battery problem, as suggested on previous posts, I would try a different cable first, since you using the same cable for USB and wall charger, then a different charger, if it keeps doing it, its the phone.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

once you plug the phone into a power outlet or a USB port, the battery isn't being used, if its showing charging and losing power it is not a battery problem, as suggested on previous posts, I would try a different cable first, since you using the same cable for USB and wall charger, then a different charger, if it keeps doing it, its the phone.
It could also be the USB port in use can not supply sufficient amperage to charge a device while in use.

OlegWasHere

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site

thanks for the replies guys. it still does it with all the hardware given from apple.
debating on just taking it in and getting it checked out what could it hurt right?
i have noticed a longer battery time before it dies though.
if i just let it charge while i sleep anywhere from 5-7 hours its at 100% when i wake up, just annoying to not use it while its plugged in at 10% because i dont want it to die.

Zaid Hesham

May 3, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem :( .. I bought a new iphone 6s last week and I noticed that it has charging issues ,like when I'm using it while it's charging it's stop changing and even it's draining the battery ( this happen when it's have over 90% charged )
I'm changing with the original Apple charger that came with it..I tried to charge with my Anker powerbank and it still do the same thing..lastly I bought the apple smart battery case to turnaround the problem and it didn't work to 😔
Please if any one could help me solve this issue ??
Note: i'm in iraq and we don't have an Apple Store

rubyarkay

May 17, 2016
Visit site
I have the same problem :( .. I bought a new iphone 6s last week and I noticed that it has charging issues ,like when I'm using it while it's charging it's stop changing and even it's draining the battery ( this happen when it's have over 90% charged )
I'm changing with the original Apple charger that came with it..I tried to charge with my Anker powerbank and it still do the same thing..lastly I bought the apple smart battery case to turnaround the problem and it didn't work to 😔

rubyarkay

May 17, 2016
Visit site
I've been having that problem too. I have just a 6. If you don't have an Apple Store, call customer service. You'll mail your old charger out and they'll replace it.

rubyarkay

May 17, 2016
Visit site

If you don't have a store, call customer service, and ship it to Apple. Explain what's been happening, and they'll replace it and deliver it to you via mail. I've been having that problem, too. It doesn't charge while I'm using it, even though it shows the symbol. It only charges when in sleep mode and even then, it charges very slow.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
If the power source is not the problem, first restore the phone as new. Not from a back up. See if a fresh copy of the OS helps. If it doesn't help, it may be a hardware problem and a trip to the Apple Store is in order. Or call Apple Support.

ameliajane116

Oct 16, 2016
Visit site
anyone else experience this?
i have nothing running in the background and possibly one app open (using it)

this is the first iphone ive had an issue with.
(even while its syncing to my itunes on a computer/not a laptop- it was slowly depleted)
only way it charges is if its plugged in and im not using it at all. and even then its slow.

(mind you its a clean install and i just signed into icloud for my contacts etc.) (has 8.1 on it though) will update to see if it helps.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77