Switching from Nokia Lumia 1520?

Matt Manahan

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Hi all.

A few months ago, I switched from Android to Windows Phone with the Nokia Lumia 1520. I love the phone, but the app gap is starting to wear on me. 3rd party apps that were available are no longer available (ex. 6snap for Snapchat), and many of the apps aren't polished.

Has anyone switched from the 1520 to the 6 Plus? How was your experience? Any regrets? I love the camera on the 1520, but the 6 Plus camera looks good, too.

Thanks!

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi all.

A few months ago, I switched from Android to Windows Phone with the Nokia Lumia 1520. I love the phone, but the app gap is starting to wear on me. 3rd party apps that were available are no longer available (ex. 6snap for Snapchat), and many of the apps aren't polished.

Has anyone switched from the 1520 to the 6 Plus? How was your experience? Any regrets? I love the camera on the 1520, but the 6 Plus camera looks good, too.

Thanks!

I don't own a 6 Plus. However, I got to spend quality time with one last week and although it's a large device it feels better in hand than the Lumia. However, I would put a case on it because the plastic on the back of the Lumia resists wear better than the aluminum on the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus would.

The apps are much more polished than on the Lumia. They run much more smoothly. I love my Lumia 1520, don't get me wrong, but the "finish" on the OS that Apple puts on every OS and the way every app works with the OS is just stellar. Can't be matched by any other device out there today. BB10 comes would be second in terms of smooth, but the app situation is just plain atrocious.

The UI on the Lumia 1520 is beautiful, I love the black background to everything, it's a rich deep black. But I prefer the clean mimimalist UI on iOS.

The *only* thing that the Lumia has over the iPhone 6 Plus is the camera. The camera on the Lumia 1520 outperforms the iPhone 6 Plus. However, the UI is quirky and doesn't flow, so the UI and the ease of the photo app on the iPhone 6 Plus renders any advantage that the Lumia would have moot.

Both devices are great. If I had to choose one I would choose the iPhone 6 Plus because overall it's a more satisfying device.

Matt Manahan

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
That is an awesome response...Thanks!

Good apps and a good camera are the most important things for me in a smartphone. Now that the 6 plus has a decent camera, I may finally switch to iOS. But oh, how I love the screen on the 1520. And I really dig the tiles.

qbnkelt

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
That is an awesome response...Thanks!

Good apps and a good camera are the most important things for me in a smartphone. Now that the 6 plus has a decent camera, I may finally switch to iOS. But oh, how I love the screen on the 1520. And I really dig the tiles.

The tiles are fun. I use the transparent tiles and it lets my background come through.

There are advantages to all platforms. The key is to find the one that works best for you. For me, iOS is the best.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
I had the Icon on VZW for a mon or so and loved it. My only issue was the lacking apps other than that it was a great phone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2