New TapaTalk update is TERRIBLE!

BlazingGold

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
So the update from about a month ago was not perfect, but was very nice. Now they release a new update again which shows less text (which is the entire point of participating in forums), more "fancy" little bars around each thread title.....And the worst part, NO WAY to simply browse the forums like you used to be able to and obviously should be able to! You can only view the forums by "trending", "timeline" and "favorites". No way to view all threads cleanly. Very frustrating. To be honest, this update should just be cancelled

gmonkey88

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
If you go to the home screen, and press the iMore icon on the top, it should show you the full forum threads. I completely hate the new look, but at least that will help you get around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I love the update. Actually works unlike the previous update which rarely, if ever updated the stories and showed notifications for me.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I hate this update. It only just stopped crashing on me.

They need to add an option to return to a text-heavy interface. The giant threads including a sample of the last post makes the interface super-inefficient.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I hate it! I don't like the blue. It's distracting. Navigation is cumbersome. Not a good update.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

cwbcpa

Trusted Member
Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
This may be the worst update of an app ever. How do you go through your unread items and mark as read? I used to swipe to the left and clear the ones I didn't want to actually read. Now how do I do that? Am I missing something?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
It was better the way it was before all of these unnecessary changes. This update is better than the previous one but it keeps crashing.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox