New TapaTalk update is TERRIBLE!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Never on TapaTalk has the Unread timeline run out of threads. It's just never happened before. I don't even look at them all. But now in this useless new TapaTalk version, I get this:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420341952.563812.jpg

Sent from CrapaTalk on my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I don't think the new update is terrible at all. It just took some getting used to because it looks and operates a little differently.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't think the new update is terrible at all. It just took some getting used to because it looks and operates a little differently.
Whatever turns you on, but I can't stand those blue strips across the screen. And they waste a lot of space. They're trying to make it look like social media. Forums are not social media.

WeAreAllUnique

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
Whatever turns you on, but I can't stand those blue strips across the screen. And they waste a lot of space. They're trying to make it look like social media. Forums are not social media.

It doesn't bother me either way. I guess I don't have an investment in how it looks. Just as long as I can post with you guys I'm fine.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I personally love the update. You can browse section just tap the top middle section of the thread and it gives you different section. I do agree it is confusing.

Sent from my iPhone 6plus using Tapatalk

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I don't use Tapatalk (or really any mobile browsing of these forums any more), but the ratings on the latest version are just plain amazing (and not in the good sense). I can't remember seeing ratings so skewed to 1 star (even the Facebook Messenger app when it became "required"). Just wow.

eyesopen1111

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Well, I suppose that I'm one of the few who are fairly satisfied with good ol Tapatalk. I would like the swipes between the pages of a thread to be less sensitive, and the swipes between the Tapatalk main screen and the various forums to be more sensitive, but fingers crossed on that small point.

Still, I like the app and use it all the time.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I can't wait for the new update to come out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah, I'm curious to see what all they changed back or improved. I do think the ugly blue strips will be gone and better utilization of space. And the Christmas opener will finally be gone.

Sent from my ancient but trustworthy iPhone 5.

mamutarka

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
app is updated

There has been an overwhelming response to our latest release and we acknowledge that much of it was negative. We have been listening and this update is one of the first improvement and changes we will introduce to Tapatalk in next couple of updates. More details on upcoming improvements can be found in our support forum.

In this version, we have redesigned the Discussion Card, the Forum Browser, and the Subscription UI based on the feedback we gathered. Also, the Feed now shows your Subscription as well, along with the Trending Discussion, where Subscription update will be shown predominately over Trending.

You can now see both Subscribed Sub-Forum and Subscribed Discussion all in one place, under the Subscribed Tab in the forum's Home screen, along with ability to Mark Read of sub-forum and discussion easily with just one click.

In addition to the aforementioned improvements, we also included:

• Interactive push notifications that allow you to reply directly from them
• Increased variety of categories for easier forum discovery
• Search-assist suggests popular search terms as you type
• Optimized UI for unread notifications in the Feed
• Fixed an app badge display inconsistency bug
• Sub-forum browse navigation now shows unread post indicators for each sub-forum

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73