iPhone 6 Plus Battery Life

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I got a new iPhone 6 Plus yesterday and so far today, the battery doesn't seem much better than my 6. Does the OS index things the first day or two? The phone doesn't feel warm or anything but the battery is draining at the same rate as my 6. No way this will make it more than 12 hours. Is this what everyone else is seeing or do I need to wait a few days?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Try a reboot. My iPhone 6 Plus will easily go all day and night with moderate to heavy use. On my heaviest day of use with it thus far, I went to bed with 55% remaining charge after using it almost constantly for a minimum of 12 hours. Also, if you haven't already, it wouldn't hurt to install a fresh copy of iOS 8.1.2 and then set up the device as new.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Try a reboot. My iPhone 6 Plus will easily go all day and night with moderate to heavy use. On my heaviest day of use with it thus far, I went to bed with 55% remaining charge after using it almost constantly for a minimum of 12 hours. Also, if you haven't already, it wouldn't hurt to install a fresh copy of iOS 8.1.2 and then set up the device as new.

I'll do a reboot. Still on 8.1.1 but I literally just set it up as new last night.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I know the battery is big on the 6 Plus but I honestly don't feel a difference bwtween my 6 Plus and 6. I don't really monitor my usage and I have the same habits where I kind of just plug my phone whenever I can. If I take my phone off the charger at 8AM I'll usually be in the 50's by 2PM

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I know the battery is big on the 6 Plus but I honestly don't feel a difference bwtween my 6 Plus and 6. I don't really monitor my usage and I have the same habits where I kind of just plug my phone whenever I can. If I take my phone off the charger at 8AM I'll usually be in the 50's by 2PM

Well I've had this thing less than 24 hours so I will need to wait. My usual with my 6 is off the charger around 830am and I'll be between 10-45% by the time I go to bed around 10-11pm. The rate this 6 plus is going, it'll be about the same today. I was hoping to get more life out of it as folks have indicated.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
For some reason, I'm not getting the best battery life either but I never do! I'm not sure if its because I'm on T-Mobile and its the signal or what. Maybe 8.1.2 will work for me as well.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
For some reason, I'm not getting the best battery life either but I never do! I'm not sure if its because I'm on T-Mobile and its the signal or what. Maybe 8.1.2 will work for me as well.

Have you compared it with a 6? I'm not sure what I was expecting but definitely more than I'm getting now.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Have you compared it with a 6? I'm not sure what I was expecting but definitely more than I'm getting now.

I had a 6 at first and I only averaged 4 hours on a full charge. That completely blew my mind because it was worse than my 5s but the Plus is definitely better than the 6. I can at least get almost 8 hours on a full charge with the Plus. When I first got it I was getting almost 14 hours. Still nothing compared to everyone else. ��

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I had a 6 at first and I only averaged 4 hours on a full charge. That completely blew my mind because it was worse than my 5s but the Plus is definitely better than the 6. I can at least get almost 8 hours on a full charge with the Plus. When I first got it I was getting almost 14 hours. Still nothing compared to everyone else. ��

Wow. That is pretty bad. Mine has never been that bad. You must be a total power user. I get 12-14 hours on the 6 with 2-3 bt devices connected to it. Can't report on the 6 plus yet but it's looking like it'll be exactly the same, which is disappointing.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I got a new iPhone 6 Plus yesterday and so far today, the battery doesn't seem much better than my 6. Does the OS index things the first day or two? The phone doesn't feel warm or anything but the battery is draining at the same rate as my 6. No way this will make it more than 12 hours. Is this what everyone else is seeing or do I need to wait a few days?

I was getting the same when I had the 6+. Not much better than my 6. Not sure how people are getting such great numbers, but I am in a good signal area and still isn't that good. Hopefully with the 6s+ they up the battery more, because for its size, the battery is still on the smaller side.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've been on my 6 Plus today kinda heavy. From 7:30 am to 6:07pm and I'm at 28%.
For a few hours today there was bright sunlight coming through the window in the room I was in and it jacked up the brightness to max.
I was also outside in bright sunlight for a few hours doing a lot of surfing on LTE and a maxed out screen brightness.
I can't compare to a 6 just a one year old 5S. Under my normal usage I can get much more life than mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

applejosh

Sep 26, 2009
Visit site
I'd say my plus is comparable to when I first got my 5. Maybe a little better, but nothing outrageous. Yesterday it got horrible life. Not sure what the deal was. I let it drain down to around 6-7% (in about 12-14 hours standby, maybe 6 hours usage), plugged it in and let it charge and then did a couple of hard resets this morning before taking it off the charger. It's been ok so far. 2:10 usage/6:39 standby and it's at 81%.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'd say my plus is comparable to when I first got my 5. Maybe a little better, but nothing outrageous. Yesterday it got horrible life. Not sure what the deal was. I let it drain down to around 6-7% (in about 12-14 hours standby, maybe 6 hours usage), plugged it in and let it charge and then did a couple of hard resets this morning before taking it off the charger. It's been ok so far. 2:10 usage/6:39 standby and it's at 81%.

I'd be really curious to understand the use cases for a 6 plus user who gets like 2 day battery life.

eyecrispy

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I'd definitely say reboot your device. My battery life is pretty good with everything turned on

I have and I will. I plan to drain it tonight and charge it up and see how it does tomorrow. I'm just about at the 12 hour mark and at 28%. I did upgrade to 8.1.2 and it wiped out my usage stats for the day so I don't have that info.

jpxyz

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
it always depends on what you are using your iPhone for and your settings, your signal strength...
there are some apps out there that are draining the battery real fast Facebook, snapchat, whatsapp, instagram for example.
i get around 9 hours of usage and im on whatsapp all day long but still depends on what is running in the background and so on.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
Mine does really well. Over the last few days I've been plugging in with anywhere from 30 to 50% remaining and 19+ hours on battery with at least 6 hours of usage. Plugged in a little while ago with 29% remaining...

0ef36cc07fb45fd03d3bd43cd4230d90.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I just got off a hour long phone call. When I started my phone was at 99%. When I finished it was 98%. I was surprised. I thought it would go to 90% or a little less.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner